Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson April 17
  • branch0095 April 17
  • donvaughn April 17
  • hawk12 April 17
  • Smitty April 16
  • TBL April 16

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13147
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13077
  • JRMRRT 12518
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • LukeB5301 8260
  • BuckysGT 8039
  • Smitty 7800
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 4957
  • fontaines 4878
  • branch0095 4865

Who's Online (4)

• branch0095 12:42AM
  • chaindog35 12:43AM
  • N_Diddy 12:41AM
  • Smitty 12:42AM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Get Pierce?
  • branch0095
    I asked a similar question a few weeks ago, but some time has now passed so I want to see if opinions have changes. The offer has been sweetened a little bit too.

Roster
    Luck
    Murray/Rice/Gerhart/CJAnderson/Denard/Lewis/Polk/Leshoure
    AJG/DJax/Nicks/Dobson/Stills/DaRick/McCluster/Jenkins/Matthews/Harrison
    Olsen/Gates/Bostick

Picks: 2.06
    2015 picks: (3) 1sts, (2) 3rds.

Looking to somewhat rebuild this year.

Give: Gerhart/2015 3rd
    Get: Pierce/Shorts

Thoughts?
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • TBLTBL April 16
    I dont know man, I know alot of folks here arent pro Gerhart, but I think he will be a pretty solid RB3 with RB2 upside. I guess its a low risk for the potential upside of Pierce. Im torn here but would probably keep Toby.
  • branch0095 April 16
    TBL said:

I dont know man, I know alot of folks here arent pro Gerhart, but I think he will be a pretty solid RB3 with RB2 upside. I guess its a low risk for the potential upside of Pierce. Im torn here but would probably keep Toby.

I hear ya. Look at my sig, I'm about as pro Gerhart as you can get. :)

My issue is that I'm looking towards next year in this league. I'm not sure how much Gerhart helps me long term, and if I'm wrong about him, he holds no value next year.

I don't see how Rice gets off without a suspension either. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's missing time for sure. So I either move Gerhart and am short a RB, or I keep Gerhart and I'm short a RB if/when Rice gets suspended. Since I'm looking long term, I figured the much younger Pierce may help me more. Plus I know Shorts isn't a sought after stud, but I do feel he's undervalued right now. I think he could be a decent trading chip once the season gets going. 
    2014 predictions

• TBLTBL April 16
    I agree about Shorts, but what did Pierce do last year in relief of Rice? Not much imo. Gerhart looked pretty good but is 4 years older. Im gonna stick to keeping Toby but im interested to see others opinions.
  • branch0095 April 16
    TBL said:

I agree about Shorts, but what did Pierce do last year in relief of Rice? Not much imo. Gerhart looked pretty good but is 4 years older. Im gonna stick to keeping Toby but im interested to see others opinions.

No, he didn't do much, but neither did Rice. Usually this has been my argument for defending Rice about last year, just in reverse. The whole situation was a mess. 

I too am curious of others' thoughts here. I'm truly 50/50 split on this decision, so I'm gonna need some opinions to sway me one way or the other. Thanks TBL!
    2014 predictions

• TBLTBL April 16
    Lol, ive already changed my mind like 3 times and now im thinking Pierce is the way to go. Oy vey...
  • SmittySmitty April 16
    TBL said:

I don't know big man.. So many NFL writers still have RB listed as an early round need for JAC, it's not crazy to think they grab a Mason or Hyde. And while Gerhart will do a solid job if given the carries (know that I'm NOT arguing against that), I'd be thrilled with JAC drafting Mason. That shows how much I doubt JAC sees him as a long term option.

I think sell high. Is Pierce that? Probably not, although I could see myself making a similar move (probably trying to get more).

Pierce is a stud, last year was not his fault, I have seen him run harder than most starters in the NFL.. The talent is there, but will BAL setup the rushing game for failure? That's the question, it's not about Rice or Pierce talent wise IMO.

I sell Gerhart high and get enough so that if he does well it doesn't bother me.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty April 16
    Trust your gut tho @tbl - always!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn April 17
    Rebuild I take Pierce over Gerhart
  • branch0095 April 17
    I countered without the picks. I actually mis-spoke on the trade. He wanted both of my 2015 3rds in return. Yes , they're only 3rds, but I'm looking to reload through 2015's draft, so I don't want to move the picks unless I'm getting a player I covet. Especially since I'm confident in my ability to parlay those 2 3rds into higher picks as the 2014 season gets going. 

I countered his offer, leaving out the picks. Gerhart for Pierce/Shorts. I do like Shorts quite a bit, and think he could be a player that I could get some solid value out of during the season. If he accepts, then great. If not, that's fine too. I'm not so stoked to have either side of the trade here that I'm going to be upset either way. We'll see what happens.
    2014 predictions

• hawk12hawk12 April 17
    take Peirce, he is the only piece in that trade that has a high ceiling, and you have Rice and might NEED Peirce for a bit this season, let alone in future years.  Again, Gerhart is cheap for Peirce IMO, very cheap.  Cecli Shorts has also shown WR2 potential, so he's a great throw in player too

Who cares about 2015 3rds?  if you want to rebuild, trade again and get more picks, we are still not even to the 2014 NFL draft, so this years picks are about to go up in value in two weeks....  That is the time to trade out of 2014 picks and get more 2015 picks if that's your plan.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson April 17
    i rather have pierce, Toby is at best a stop gap and aleast he may have a shot at  future or even present lead back role for more than a year.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • branch0095 April 17
    Went ahead and did the deal giving up 1 3rd. I guess having pierce will make rice carry some value again too. Nobody's touching rice without getting pierce. If i can end up getting something decent for Shorts, I'll probably be ok with this trade no matter what Gerhart does.
    2014 predictions

Add a Comment