Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• barriechris April 17
  • bddavidson April 17
  • bmxholden1 April 17
  • branch0095 April 17
  • fontaines April 17
  • haimez40 April 18
  • JRMRRT April 17
  • Luke April 17
  • paulg002 April 17
  • Smitty April 18
  • stewss7 April 17

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13147
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13077
  • JRMRRT 12518
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • LukeB5301 8260
  • BuckysGT 8039
  • Smitty 7800
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 4957
  • fontaines 4878
  • branch0095 4865

Who's Online (4)

• branch0095 12:42AM
  • chaindog35 12:43AM
  • N_Diddy 12:41AM
  • Smitty 12:42AM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Montee Ball Trade - Decent value?
  • barriechrisbarriechris
    Might be able to move Ball for one of the following....I think the value is there....

Christine Michael, DeAndre Hopkins and 2.01 (11th pick)
    or
    Michael, Patterson, and 11th pick.

• bddavidsonbddavidson April 17
    if i was doing it i go the 2nd option.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT April 17
    Are you deep enough at RB that you can wait on Michael and give up Balls production? If so I might do it for the Patterson deal but its close.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • barriechrisbarriechris April 17
    Would still have Spiller, Stacy, Bush, Vereen/Ridley plus misc pieces
  • LukeLuke April 17
    Wow... I think I would be okay with either one of those.  Reason being is that I have seen firsthand what Bill O'Brien can do with an offense (PSU) and Hopkins could be on his way to being a great receiver (passing AJ).  Isn't Turner in Minn??  If so, he could emphasize more on AP out of the backfield and incorporate Rudolph more but CP still has great talent and capability.  They are two good offers IMO IF you are looking to move Ball and are willing to wait on Michael as JR said (although I must say that I'm not a big Michael fan, didn't drink the kool-aid)  ;)
    PPR Dynasty
    Qb: Dalton, Kaepernick
    Rb: Stacy, Ellington, Spiller, Gerhart, Todman, Turbin, LMurray, KDavis
    Wr: AJG, AJohnson, JHunter, Wheaton, GJennings, DRogers, Boykin
    Te: JGraham, MBennett, LGreen
  • stewss7stewss7 April 17
    I think there is a good chance Michael never amounts to much...

I'd gladly give Ball for either option but I like Patterson more than Hopkins.
    @stewss7
  • haimez40 April 17
    I like the second option and think it is fair.  I'm not as high on Ball as most but I still think the hype machine is still not full steam, you might be able to get more if you wait.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • fontaines April 17
    I like the Patterson option
    DC Nation Forum Moderator

• paulg002paulg002 April 17
    With all the Patterson hype you could later spin Patterson for something good too.
  • SmittySmitty April 17
    Just because Ball has reached late first round value doesn't mean he won't earn that value. I don't trade Ball unless I'm A) Super Strong at RB ... AND... B) Able to get a WR in the same area Ball is getting mocked in, so Josh Gordon, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant. If I can't get that, I continue to own Montee. 

Many are getting that "oh my, ball is now valued at his ceiling I have to trade him, right?" reaction. I say why trade him for players not near his going mock value? That's selling low, is it not?
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 April 17
    Smitty said:

Just because Ball has reached late first round value doesn't mean he won't earn that value. I don't trade Ball unless I'm A) Super Strong at RB ... AND... B) Able to get a WR in the same area Ball is getting mocked in, so Josh Gordon, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant. If I can't get that, I continue to own Montee. 

Many are getting that "oh my, ball is now valued at his ceiling I have to trade him, right?" reaction. I say why trade him for players not near his going mock value? That's selling low, is it not?

Yes, but neither of these trades are selling low IMO. 

When you talk about people's reaction to want to sell Ball because his value has reached the ceiling, I think it goes a little deeper than just the value of the player. 

Trading players during the off season is much more like trading "futures" in the stock market than it is during the season. There are no performances on the field to change the values of players. Because of that, player's values become much more skewed right now (either high or low). You have much more FF experience than I do, so I don't need to explain this to you. My point is, if people are not high on Ball, that is a major reason to sell him right now if they feel his value has reached it's ceiling. Obviously, you are a big believer in Ball. I would never expect you to sell Ball for either of these packages. However, if you're an owner that feels Ball will not live up to his current value, then both of these deals are great value in return for him, especially if you believe that CJ Anderson or the Broncos draft will in some way decrease Ball's value before the season even starts.
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • bmxholden1bmxholden1 April 17
    If you have a shot to win it all this year, gotta keep Ball, if not I'd bet on the other side long term
  • SmittySmitty April 18
    Patterson and Michael could work out, I love Michael, but I still feel the trade markets/value command more. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • haimez40 April 18
    Lot of rumors now Denver has its sights on Storm Johnson. I do think he would make a nice complement.

I think by time we get to season Ball hype will be top 5 pick across the board. So there is room for slightly more. My worry has always been he plays with Peyton but can't pass block. To me the whole question comes down to do you think he can now after one year. If he can't he will turn into a 50/50 guy, if he can he could put up numbers.

I think Patterson still can get better and is stupid raw. Last year was all just physical once he figures out how to be a pro he has top 5 upside. He is a physical freak. He really ran lame routes, but man when he has it look out!
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
Add a Comment