Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• chuckeycharles April 17
  • curseofgiselle April 18
  • emurrell17 April 19
  • fontaines April 19
  • haimez40 April 17
  • Jalane53 April 19
  • JRMRRT April 18
  • LukeB5301 April 17
  • N_Diddy April 19
  • SMFFCN April 17
  • TBL April 19
  • tmoney April 19
  • zeeshan2 April 19

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13161
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13077
  • JRMRRT 12528
  • Wutthecrapman 9982
  • LukeB5301 8260
  • BuckysGT 8045
  • Smitty 7804
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 4957
  • fontaines 4879
  • branch0095 4871

Who's Online (4)

• branch0095 9:38PM
  • chuckeycharles 9:37PM
  • Fighting_Amish 9:39PM
  • MikeOcherts 9:38PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
What would Watkins going to Cleveland mean?
  • tmoney
    Seems like a very possible scenario that the Browns could be looking at Sammy Watkins when their pick at #4 is on the clock.  So would you like to see Josh Gordon and Sammy Watkins in the same offense with (insert name) playing QB?  Would Gordon and Watkins compliment each other, or steal each others catches?

As an owner of Josh Gordon in a couple of leagues, I personally would like to see Cleveland address the WR position, but not with someone that could challenge Gordon as the #1 target.
  • Jalane53Jalane53 April 17
    Single coverage for everyone! I would love it as a Brown fan and a Gordon owner.
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT April 17
    Roddy and Julio do fine when both are healthy and on the field together.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • haimez40 April 17
    Bruce/Holt dominated and Faulk had stupid yards also. More talent means more points.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • emurrell17 April 17
    So there is like a 10% chance that Watkins lands in a bad spot (oakland)? Everywhere else would be good IMO. Would everyone here rather have Watkins than ball (smitty's #1 last year)
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT April 17
    Oakland has Schaub now...Thats not too bad anymore. 

• SMFFCN April 17
    JRMRRT said:

haimez40 said:

Bruce/Holt dominated and Faulk had stupid yards also. More talent means more points.

I totally agree with where you guys are going with this. Two top level WRs can exist on the same field.... however, you have to factor in who is throwing the ball. Both of the tandems referenced have/had Matt Ryan and Kurt Warner. Cleveland doesn't possess either, or anyone close for that matter.
    //BOLD PREDICTIONS//
    (20140329) - Riley Cooper posts a 1,200/10 season and breaks into the top 10!
  • fontaines April 17
    I couldn't move Watkins or 1.1 for Ball right now.

Regarding Cleveland, it would be quite a tough duo practicing against Haden all offseason and drawing single coverage week in and week out. I think it's a fine landing spot for Watkins but I do prefer Detroit in a trade up lol. I like Watkins in Cleveland more than Watkins in Tampa bay that's for sure.

• haimez40 April 17
    Warner was bagging groceries before he had Bruce/Holt. Not joking literally.LOL Things can happen, keep faith.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 April 17
    SMFFCN said:

JRMRRT said:

haimez40 said:

I totally agree with where you guys are going with this. Two top level WRs can exist on the same field.... however, you have to factor in who is throwing the ball. Both of the tandems referenced have/had Matt Ryan and Kurt Warner. Cleveland doesn't possess either, or anyone close for that matter.

2 Stud WRs can make an average QB look elite
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • TBLTBL April 17
    It would mean Ben Tate would have absolutely no excuses and there should be no reason he isnt a top 5 RB barring injury.

I think Cameron would possibly suffer with targets if this happened. Gordon would be just fine.
  • chuckeycharles April 17
    I have Hoyer as a slug on my bench. He might stop being a slug if Watkins goes to Cleveland
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Luck, Wilson, Eli, Hoyer, Locker/ RB - ADP, McCoy, Lynch,T.Rich, Vereen, Latavius, Turbin, Rainey / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Patterson, Hopkins, T.Williams Wayne, D.Moore, Wheaton / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Clay, Rudolph, M.Bennett / K - Walsh / DST - None -----
  • SMFFCN April 17
    LukeB5301 said:

SMFFCN said:

JRMRRT said:

haimez40 said:

2 Stud WRs can make an average QB look elite

Solid point, with the exception the 80% of the time it's the QB that makes the difference. However, you're right.... if the two WRs are dynamic enough it doesn't much matter who is tossing the ball in the air.
    haimez40 said:

Warner was bagging groceries before he had Bruce/Holt. Not joking literally.LOL Things can happen, keep faith.

Trust me, I'm aware. Green Bay let him go to be a grocery bagger..... he would have never played sitting behind Favre so I think it worked out for him in the end. Glad he was able to pull through and have a great career!
    //BOLD PREDICTIONS//
    (20140329) - Riley Cooper posts a 1,200/10 season and breaks into the top 10!
  • curseofgiselle April 18
    I hear they are looking at Bo Callahan
  • emurrell17 April 18
    I heard jacksonville is looking to trade their #5 pick for 3 2nd rounders.

At that point I was just like #-o
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • fontaines April 18
    I am pretty sure that whoever drafts Watkins is Gonna trade up to get him

• JRMRRTJRMRRT April 18
    fontaines said:

I am pretty sure that whoever drafts Watkins is Gonna trade up to get him

Its gonna be an Atlanta for Julio type move I think.

• TBLTBL April 19
    Might be a Saints for Ricky Williams type move...
  • zeeshan2 April 19
    Whoever they pick at qb will get a major boost in adp and value. Look for them to draft one with their 2nd first rounder
  • Jalane53Jalane53 April 19
    I am one of the few people that think the Browns can grab Watkins at #4 and then Johnny Manizel will slip to them at #26. And if need be, package the #26 and one of their extra third rounders to move up and get him.
  • tmoney April 19
    The Browns have essentially done that twice and ended up with Brady Quinn and Weeden.
Add a Comment