Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• branch0095 April 20
  • BuckysGT April 19
  • DAXstatic April 23
  • DefiantVitreous April 20
  • donvaughn April 19
  • haimez40 April 21
  • jknighton April 21
  • k0wned April 18
  • Smitty April 19
  • TexasBornCowboysFan April 18

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13221
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13111
  • JRMRRT 12595
  • Wutthecrapman 9983
  • LukeB5301 8271
  • BuckysGT 8054
  • Smitty 7861
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 4969
  • branch0095 4908
  • fontaines 4902

Who's Online (1)

• PDTDT 3:32AM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Givens
  • BuckysGT
    What's he worth?
  • TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan April 18
    not much, where did he sign?
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan April 18
    ah Saints, I wouldn't pay more than a mid 3rd.
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• k0wnedk0wned April 18
    TexasBornCowboysFan said:

ah Saints, I wouldn't pay more than a mid 3rd.

Rams ahaha, but I agree he is worth an early-mid 3rd.
    2014 Bold Predictions (PPR):
    1. Alfred Morris will be a top 5 RB (4/21/14)
  • haimez40 April 18
    I wouldn't trade him.  I would hold on and see what happens this year.  He isn't losing his starting spot till the end of the year at best.  I think Britt helps him out a lot if he stays healthy.  We can argue Bailey and company are better but politics are politics.  He is worth more than what you could get in the third round rookie.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • BuckysGT April 18
    haimez40 said:

I wouldn't trade him.  I would hold on and see what happens this year.  He isn't losing his starting spot till the end of the year at best.  I think Britt helps him out a lot if he stays healthy.  We can argue Bailey and company are better but politics are politics.  He is worth more than what you could get in the third round rookie.

that's why I'm asking. The league I own him in has some weird ps rules. I'm able to put him on my ps. But I did receive a offer today where I'd give Givens and get a 6th rd pick. This is a 9 player keeper league with a 9 rd draft.
  • branch0095 April 18
    Just seeing Givens name makes me sick to my stomach. It reminds me of my WORST trade of 2013. Gave Alshon/2nd for Givens/3rd last summer before the season started. Ugh.
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • SmittySmitty April 18
    branch0095 said:

Just seeing Givens name makes me sick to my stomach. It reminds me of my WORST trade of 2013. Gave Alshon/2nd for Givens/3rd last summer before the season started. Ugh.

At the time, Givens looked the part. Still could turn out. He is a really good player but was only in his second year and lost Bradford. He isn't worth much trade wise, but like owning him still.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 April 19
    Smitty said:

branch0095 said:

At the time, Givens looked the part. Still could turn out. He is a really good player but was only in his second year and lost Bradford. He isn't worth much trade wise, but like owning him still.

I moved on from him long ago. This goes to show why we always tell people to trust THEIR gut when making decisions. I was sky high on Alshon before he broke out (even called for him to be a MAJOR breakout many times on this forum last summer). I let Givens supporters get into my head and I made a trade that I really didn't want to make in the first place. 
    2014 predictions

• SmittySmitty April 19
    branch0095 said:

Smitty said:

branch0095 said:

I moved on from him long ago. This goes to show why we always tell people to trust THEIR gut when making decisions. I was sky high on Alshon before he broke out (even called for him to be a MAJOR breakout many times on this forum last summer). I let Givens supporters get into my head and I made a trade that I really didn't want to make in the first place. 

It will make you better. You probably made another deal later you wouldn't have made had you not done that deal (even if it involved unrelated players). Don't even sweat it!

It's like getting a speeding ticket. Maybe that saved you from having a big accident next week (you drive better after the ticket).
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 April 19
    Smitty said:

branch0095 said:

Smitty said:

branch0095 said:

It will make you better. You probably made another deal later you wouldn't have made had you not done that deal (even if it involved unrelated players). Don't even sweat it!

It's like getting a speeding ticket. Maybe that saved you from having a big accident next week (you drive better after the ticket).

This is correct. I made a big package deal in OCT where I sent TRich/Patterson and some other player/picks (including Givens),and got Julio/Vereen in return.
    2014 predictions

• SmittySmitty April 19
    See, not bad. Julio is so freaking good. I sure hope he is healthy this entire season. 110, 1800 and 12+could be doable. He is arguably the no1 WR if guaranteed to play 15-16 games.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn April 19
    The Rams have a very overcrowded WR core with all average NFL wrs imo. If a true #1 emerges from that team he'd be worth owning, but I think it's likely no one on that team will emerge as a consistent fantasy starter next year. If you got the roster space, I'd hang onto him. It was looking like 2014 would be his breakout year. Maybe the Bradford injury is an excuse.
  • SmittySmitty April 19
    donvaughn said:

The Rams have a very overcrowded WR core with all average NFL wrs imo. If a true #1 emerges from that team he'd be worth owning, but I think it's likely no one on that team will emerge as a consistent fantasy starter next year. If you got the roster space, I'd hang onto him. It was looking like 2014 would be his breakout year. Maybe the Bradford injury is an excuse.

True. I think Givens has huge upside given his now-pathetic value. He was the team's leading WR last year if I am remembering correctly. That really could mean that the disappointment wasn't on him. He did the best of the bunch. Situation can ruin his appeal, as could another Bradford injury, but I've seen the talent and my gut says it's enough to be great. Will it all come together? Will we never see the talent meet situation? I honestly have no clue on this one, I just testify to the talent being present on this one! It's there!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • haimez40 April 19
    I'm about 90% sure Rams take Mack now. Obviously they could trade back still switch that up.
  • donvaughndonvaughn April 19
    haimez40 said:

I'm about 90% sure Rams take Mack now. Obviously they could trade back still switch that up.

Really? I was thinking they'd go Greg Robinson. But hell I have no idea
  • BuckysGT April 19
    Good discussion on Givens. I ended up taking the deal but not because I don't think he can't produce. I took it because of some of the rules in the league. This league has some real weird ps/draft rules. You are allowed to put any player on your ps as long as they didn't score over 125 pts last year. The twist is during the draft you are allowed to use a draft pick when your on the clock to select a player off of anyone's ps, including your own. If you choose to do this, you get the player and the team losing the player immediately gets that pick and is OTC. Because of this rule, I can get Givens back pretty easily. The guy that got Givens only has 2 early picks, I have 6 picks in the first few rds. If he produces this summer, I can steal him back. This deal kind of is like having him hold one of my guys for me. Lol
  • DefiantVitreous
    Stedman Bailey can win a starting job over Givens during training camp.  I think Bailey actually is more talented and has better hands.  Wouldn't shock me in the least and I think the shark move is to go get Bailey for practically nothing.
  • branch0095 April 20
    DefiantVitreous said:

Stedman Bailey can win a starting job over Givens during training camp.  I think Bailey actually is more talented and has better hands.  Wouldn't shock me in the least and I think the shark move is to go get Bailey for practically nothing.

Finally, someone else who is a bit of a believer in STUDman.
    2014 predictions

• jknightonjknighton April 21
    DefiantVitreous said:

I agree. Bailey and Givens both come so cheap now id get them both and see if one can produce.
  • haimez40 April 21
    I'm not going to argue Bailey shouldn't start, i think he is a stud also.  That being said he won't start due to politics.  The Rams are going to roll Britt, Givens, and Tavon no matter what happens.  I'm not telling you I agree it is just what will happen.  They will still give Bailey touches though.  The Rams are high on Bailey but Givens is one of those face of the franchise type guys.  I know this sounds ridiculous but just saying.........  This could all change by next year but as of now Givens is locked in.  They draft Watkins though and I'm not sure what happens.  Pretty sure they will take KMack though.
Add a Comment