Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• 84forever May 8
  • bddavidson May 8
  • BuckysGT May 8
  • calcom May 8
  • chuckeycharles May 8
  • cohendpt May 8
  • DefiantVitreous May 8
  • donvaughn May 8
  • doodledog May 9
  • electricrelish May 8
  • emurrell17 May 8
  • Fantasyfreak May 8
  • Flipper May 8
  • fontaines May 8
  • footballjunkie May 8
  • GoWithWhatYouGot May 8
  • greatprodigy May 8
  • Iceman May 8
  • jeffcoruccini May 8
  • jknighton May 8
  • JRMRRT May 8
  • Kookaburra May 9
  • Luke May 8
  • LukeB5301 May 8
  • MikeOcherts May 8
  • PDTDT May 8
  • rabidbucfan May 8
  • RonJenkins May 8
  • Smitty May 10
  • Swampies May 9
  • Tavaner May 9
  • thedude May 9
  • TheHuddle May 8
  • tmoney May 8
  • Troy_Polamalyourass May 8
  • vincentjmack May 8
  • wh0urdady May 8
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie May 8
  • Wutthecrapman May 8

Tagged

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13505
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13247
  • JRMRRT 12880
  • Wutthecrapman 10178
  • LukeB5301 8515
  • Smitty 8141
  • BuckysGT 8138
  • garyzab 7116
  • branch0095 5159
  • fontaines 5108
  • TBL 5043

Who's Online (6)

• branch0095 10:01PM
  • doodledog 10:01PM
  • k0wned 10:01PM
  • tmoney 10:01PM
  • tone1oc 10:02PM
  • vincentjmack 10:02PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
DraftCalc has been acquired by Fantasy Football Starters (Ready-Set-Go Fantasy Sports)
  • SmittySmitty May 8

First off, I am NOT going anywhere. This move is HUGE for everyone. Huge! Here is why!!!!

(Link to Video)

I am NOT going anywhere! Let me repeat that… I am NOT going anywhere. I am being brought on as Editor-In-Chief of Fantasy Football Starters, a staff that already has Russ Bliss and Dana Valentine. Russ is a legend…You are getting more content now than ever, plus all of the FFS Analyzers, which are amazing... plus, yep, year-round content. I'll get to that in a second! 

Guess what my first task is now that I am Editor-In-Chief of Fantasy Football Starters? 

To launch and run a 365-24-7 Fantasy Football Breaking News Wire!

Folks, this is truly phenomenal news, but I’m not done… 

FREE Upgrades

Any DraftCalc subscribers that have/will purchase before 5/31/14, you will get FREE access to FantasyFootballStarters through 2014. Yep, subscribers who buy before 5/31/14 will get all of the DraftCalc goodness along with the FFS goodness. DraftCalc was set to only deliver FEB-AUG content this season — Well, that has now changed, and it has changed in a BIG way.

Monster Benefits To Acquisition

- Forum Remains The Same: Obviously it will move and be branded with our FFS logo, but the forum you know and love will be the same forum over at FFS!
    - I Will Run a 365-24-7 Breaking News Wire: You will see more from me than ever content-wise; we are taking on the news industry! Fantasy takes, daily updates – get ready!
    - More Tools & Content: You are about to be handed a Draft Analyzer, Trade Analyzer, Line-Up Analyzer, Smart Alerts (text and email) and more writers (Russ Bliss, Dana Valentine).
    - And More: I can’t even list all the benefits.

What Will Happen In The Near Future, Like Today, Tomorrow?

The merger will take a bit, maybe June 1... first will be to get the Forums moved properly, and this exact forum... of course it will be branded FFS, our new home, but our first and No. 1 goal is to get this forum merged with the wonderful forum users and mods over at FFS. They are going to love our forum product (the most mobile friendly forum I've ever used!). I know how important this forum is to you guys, this look, feel, etc, which is why keeping this forum product was a No. 1 goal for me migration wise.

I can't tell you how excited I am to bring ALL OF YOU a truly amazing BREAKING NEWS WIRE. I have wanted to take this challenge on for years, and one of my main tasks at FFS is to run/operate this news wire!!!!!

DC Nation, now "Starters Nation"... are you with me? I ask that you trust that I would NOT have made this move if it wasn't going to provide all of you the best fantasy football content imaginable. 

- Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    I can't stress enough, everyone, this means you get more content from me (and the FFS writers now)... and you will see me more than ever on these forums, which will move to FFS sometime in June (maybe earlier, maybe a touch later).

I am so excited. I cannot wait to launch this Breaking News Wire, which should launch by June, but maybe a touch earlier. Get ready!

I know you will all want to talk this out, so feel free below, but let me assure you this is a fantastic move. A move that only gets all of you more!!!! Including an inseason, which DraftCalc was not set on providing until this merger, as our product was set to be FEB-AUG - until now. Now it's 365-24-7!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    Check this out
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    Breaking News Wire Commercial:
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • fontaines May 8
    I think it's amazing. You achieved a goal you've had in mind for years, which is to do this full time. DC nation users will get considerably more content as well as a new group of forum members who all will help us win more championships.

We do lose the DC brand loyalty, however, bigger is always better. Some guys won't like "having to share Smitty" lol but nobody could expect you to pass up opportunities.

I hope everyone here is very welcoming of the move and we wish you the best of luck. We are here to stick with you through this transition. We followed you through a move once before and plan to do so again lol
    DC Nation Forum Moderator

• fontaines May 8
    A side note, this really won't affect forum users in any negative manner. Essentially what this does:

1. Adds more forum members
    2. Gives paid subscribers more in season content.
    3. Smitty is now going to be more active in fantasy, as if that was possible lol

• PDTDTPDTDT May 8
    looking forward to it. on-wards and upwards
    ...if you see someone wearing camouflage, walk right into them to make them think it's working.
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass May 8
    First, my principal announces his retirement....then a few days later, our assistant principal says she is leaving...and now this....too much change in my life in a matter of a few days!!! X_X

For wrestling fans, I feel like WCW was just bought out by WWE...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE

Luck, Cutler
    Spiller, L Bell, Tate, Michael
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Britt, M Brown
    Gronk, Cameron
    1.1, 1.7
    2 2015 1sts
  • SwampiesSwampies May 8
    Smitty am I shocked by this? Yes and No! It comes across like a someone saying we need to talk which at first makes my heart dropped thinking this won't be good. But in the back of my mind I knew all along this was going to happen some day. This a move you have to do with what you had in mind from the beginning. It's the cat out of the bag syndrome I guess that we have to accept knowing now that we can't stop a moving truck which is what you created here at DC Smitty. The fact that your not a secret any more sticks for us but great for everyone as you offer the best knowledge about FF one can buy. We are family here at DC and family supports one of another so don't worry about that. You have my support and I will follow you to the end. Best of luck!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh McCown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • DefiantVitreous May 8
    Congrats on the venture.  Capitalism at its finest.  Bravo to you.  From day 1 I thought it was a little weird that DC was going to provide offseason content only, but now it makes sense.  You could have told us earlier...we could have kept a secret!  lol
  • DefiantVitreous May 8
    The one thing that I hope we can now get is much more IDP content.  Looking on FFS's website it doesn't look like that will happen.  Poo.
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    DefiantVitreous said:

The one thing that I hope we can now get is much more IDP content.  Looking on FFS's website it doesn't look like that will happen.  Poo.

I'll make it happen. How much? Not sure, but I'll get more than usual (years past ) for ya!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    Swampies said:

Smitty am I shocked by this? Yes and No! It comes across like a someone saying we need to talk which at first makes my heart dropped thinking this won't be good. But in the back of my mind I knew all along this was going to happen some day. This a move you have to do with what you had in mind from the beginning. It's the cat out of the bag syndrome I guess that we have to accept knowing now that we can't stop a moving truck which is what you created here at DC Smitty. The fact that your not a secret any more sticks for us but great for everyone as you offer the best knowledge about FF one can buy. We are family here at DC and family supports one of another so don't worry about that. You have my support and I will follow you to the end. Best of luck!

Thanks, buddy!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    PDTDT said:

looking forward to it. on-wards and upwards

Awesome. It truly is upward!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    fontaines said:

A side note, this really won't affect forum users in any negative manner. Essentially what this does:

3. Smitty is now going to be more active in fantasy, as if that was possible lol

Yep! Thanks, Fonts!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    Troy_Polamalyourass said:

First, my principal announces his retirement....then a few days later, our assistant principal says she is leaving...and now this....too much change in my life in a matter of a few days!!! X_X

For wrestling fans, I feel like WCW was just bought out by WWE...

@Troy_Polamalyourass please report to the principals office! You are need more than ever! Let's do this. Let's blow news out of the water?!?
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • rabidbucfan May 8
    fontaines said:

First off congratulations on the new endeavor.
    Fonts nailed the pros with his 3 items.

As a fantasy football fan having the best info available is what gives me a leg up on my competitors. DC has been my think tank for the last 2 years thanks to the forums and the content, specifically the upside board and the articles. With this move we as users will get more content, more forum users (each additional user provides all of us a new opinion to our topic posts), a breaking news wire and Smitty full time. How can any of this be bad.  DC has had phenomenal growth over the last two years with the man in charge being pulled in many directions, I'm curious to see just how bad ass a fantasy site can become with Smitty at the helm of Starter Nation full time.

I wish you the best and will do what I can to help out.

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    rabidbucfan said:

fontaines said:

First off congratulations on the new endeavor.
    Fonts nailed the pros with his 3 items.

As a fantasy football fan having the best info available is what gives me a leg up on my competitors. DC has been my think tank for the last 2 years thanks to the forums and the content, specifically the upside board and the articles. With this move we as users will get more content, more forum users (each additional user provides all of us a new opinion to our topic posts), a breaking news wire and Smitty full time. How can any of this be bad.  DC has had phenomenal growth over the last two years with the man in charge being pulled in many directions, I'm curious to see just how bad ass a fantasy site can become with Smitty at the helm of Starter Nation full time.

I wish you the best and will do what I can to help out.

Thanks, man! Let's do this!

- Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • jeffcoruccinijeffcoruccini May 8
    Really excited to announce the acquisition this morning and having Smitty along with this awesome community, moderators and members become part of fantasyfootballstarters.com. Smitty and I along with the other partners at STARTERS share the same vision and passion and belief that combining our efforts and communities we can become the best fantasy football site in the world. He's full time/365/24/7
  • chuckeycharles May 8
    Just call me Ruth
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Luck, Wilson, Eli, Hoyer, Locker/ RB - ADP, McCoy, Lynch,T.Rich, Vereen, Latavius, Turbin, Rainey / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Patterson, Hopkins, T.Williams Wayne, D.Moore, Wheaton / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Clay, Rudolph, M.Bennett / K - Walsh / DST - None -----
  • chuckeycharles May 8
    chuckeycharles said:

Just call me Ruth

Wither thou goest... I shall follow
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Luck, Wilson, Eli, Hoyer, Locker/ RB - ADP, McCoy, Lynch,T.Rich, Vereen, Latavius, Turbin, Rainey / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Patterson, Hopkins, T.Williams Wayne, D.Moore, Wheaton / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Clay, Rudolph, M.Bennett / K - Walsh / DST - None -----
Add a Comment