fantasy football forums

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• donvaughn 1:12AM
  • greatprodigy June 25
  • Smitty 2:05AM
  • TBL June 26
  • vincentjmack June 26

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13986
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13665
  • JRMRRT 13541
  • Wutthecrapman 10715
  • LukeB5301 8918
  • Smitty 8616
  • BuckysGT 8275
  • garyzab 7118
  • branch0095 5541
  • TBL 5405
  • fontaines 5323

Who's Online (7)

• hoyasaxa 7:13PM
  • JRMRRT 7:11PM
  • Luke 7:12PM
  • omahabrad 7:11PM
  • SMFFCN 7:11PM
  • Swampies 7:11PM
  • TexasBornCowboysFan 7:14PM

If you are already a DraftCalc Subscriber, hang tight in terms of getting access to FFStarters content... that is in the works. We will keep you posted shortly!

Our Breaking News Wire is up!

Homepage | Ranks | News | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
"The Wire" update (and unreal side story)
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    So I'm almost done with season 4... Still love it, but funny thing is, season 2 is my favorite so far.

Snoop is a hilarious character, so much so I googled the actress... Unreal story!

- Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn June 25
    Yeah I've seen it. I actually thought Snoop was a dude. Jealous you're getting to watch that first time. Season 2 is definitely not my favorite, but it's not bad. It's just different. Update us when you're done. There's some extra footage you gotta see and the series finale has my favorite tv scenes of all time.
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    I loved season 2. I was so wishing it was still going on when season 3 playing.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • greatprodigygreatprodigy June 25
    I just finished season 3 finale yesterday, becoming one of my favorite shows of all time. Season 3 was my favorite so far
  • vincentjmackvincentjmack June 25
    I moved to the Maryland/DC area not too long ago. The show kind of perfectly captures Baltimore on many levels. 
    Leader of the Nation of Domination
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    greatprodigy said:

I just finished season 3 finale yesterday, becoming one of my favorite shows of all time. Season 3 was my favorite so far

I'm about 8 or so episodes in front of you. Season 4 is cool, but I just can't let go of season 2. I just wish it continued on, it almost felt like a spinoff but one that worked. Maybe The Wire comes back and they take it from season 2? lol

I'm looking forward to Season 5, but I'll be bummed when it's over.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn June 25
    Smitty said:

greatprodigy said:

I'm about 8 or so episodes in front of you. Season 4 is cool, but I just can't let go of season 2. I just wish it continued on, it almost felt like a spinoff but one that worked. Maybe The Wire comes back and they take it from season 2? lol

I'm looking forward to Season 5, but I'll be bummed when it's over.

I can't remember which season is which, but I think season 5 was my favorite. Like @vincentjmack said, the show perfectly encompasses the city of Baltimore from every point of view and every aspect.
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    Can't believe Snoop plays the exact same person she is in real life haha, from the way she talks to dropping people..
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • TBLTBL June 25
    Im almost caught up on Game of Thrones so I need a new show. Is this on HBO?
  • vincentjmackvincentjmack June 25
    40 degree day......
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    TBL said:

House of Cards (Netflix)
    Borgia (not "the Borgias" - Netflix)

Then watch "The Wire" (HBO go)
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    vincentjmack said:

40 degree day......

Lol
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    TBL said:

Seriously @tbl watch "Borgia" !!!! I need more watching this show with me!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • TBLTBL June 26
    Its on the list Smitty. Eventually I will get to it. I like catching up on one show at a time. Im pretty inyrigued by The Wire now so it may have cut in line.
  • SmittySmitty June 26
    Is season 5 of The Wire the best one?
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • vincentjmackvincentjmack June 26
    Possibly. Depends what aspect of the show you like most. Also depends what storyline you like. I love stringer and avon so that story arc is my favorite. The bubbles character is purely amazing as well so that may make you lean towards a certain season. Its hard to get too in depth without spoiling it. My favorite quote aside from 40 degree day is "my name is my name"
  • SmittySmitty June 26
    vincentjmack said:

Possibly. Depends what aspect of the show you like most. Also depends what storyline you like. I love stringer and avon so that story arc is my favorite. The bubbles character is purely amazing as well so that may make you lean towards a certain season. Its hard to get too in depth without spoiling it. My favorite quote aside from 40 degree day is "my name is my name"

Ok, thanks for not spoiling anything!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn June 26
    vincentjmack said:

On point ^
  • SmittySmitty 12:27AM
    I may have to watch "Arrow" tonight just to figure out if it's on deck. Plus, I don't want The Wire to end yet (about 2-3 episodes left in season 4). I wonder why they have never tried to bring it back (don't answer if the answer spoils anything, like a bomb gets dropped on em all at the end ha).
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn 1:12AM
    Smitty said:

I may have to watch "Arrow" tonight just to figure out if it's on deck. Plus, I don't want The Wire to end yet (about 2-3 episodes left in season 4). I wonder why they have never tried to bring it back (don't answer if the answer spoils anything, like a bomb gets dropped on em all at the end ha).

I've heard nothing but good things about arrow. Tell us what you think
  • SmittySmitty 2:05AM
    donvaughn said:

Smitty said:

I've heard nothing but good things about arrow. Tell us what you think

Just finished the pilot episode. It's definitely a touch "Disney" like around the edges, but with a family super hero angle, but at the same time it's well acted, well written and high budge enough it all gets pulled off.

If I had to describe it in one long sentence, it's "the prime time family super hero show that usually fails (because it's too predictable), but this one sneaks by and makes the silly-type fun actually, well, fun."
    - smiEbert

I like it, I bet it grows on me.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
Add a Comment