Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• branch0095 December 9
  • dunlap13 December 10
  • emurrell17 December 10
  • fontaines December 10
  • Needalife December 9
  • pemo December 10
  • popo24 December 10
  • Smitty December 9
  • stewss7 December 9
  • tmoney December 10
  • Troy_Polamalyourass December 9
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie December 10
  • Wutthecrapman December 10
  • zeeshan2 December 9

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12072
  • bddavidson 11077
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9522
  • BuckysGT 7523
  • LukeB5301 7163
  • garyzab 6982
  • Smitty 6266
  • TBL 4461
  • fontaines 3904
  • branch0095 3879

Who's Online (3)

• branch0095 1:35AM
  • MusicCityMayhem 1:33AM
  • nevilleknows 1:32AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
5 players you are selling this offseason
  • dunlap13dunlap13 December 9
    Your top five players at any position you plan on selling this offseason due to value being great and/ or just dont believe in. Who would they be as of today?

(Dynasty)
    Peyton Manning

Cj Spiller, Lamar Miller, Le'veon Bell, bernard pierce,Shane Vereen,
    BJGE, Johnathan Franklin, Ben Tate,

Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb,Josh Gordon,
    TY Hilton, Alshon Jefferey, Chris Givens, Mike Williams

Jared Cook, Jordan Reed
  • pemopemo December 9
    Brandon Marshall - Getting older and has an uber talented receiver across of him.  May change if the Bears keep Cutler AND if Cutler shows his old tunnel vision towards Marshall.
    Reuben Randle - I like his talent, and when Nicks leaves I think he will get a lot of hype.  I just really, really don't like Eli.
    Hakeem Nicks - I really think wherever he ends up, there will be hype, and I will jump at the opportunity to sell him.
    Jamaal Charles - Going to be 27, time to sell at peak value.
    Da'Rick Rogers - Depends on how out of hand the hype gets.  If he has a solid end towards his season, I can see people labeling him the next Josh Gordon.
    Predictions

[ ] Percy Harvin will be a top 5 PPR wide receiver, outscoring Cobb
    [ ] Danny Amendola will be a top 15 PPR wide receiver
    [ ] Russel Wilson will be a top 4 QB
    [ ] Denario Alexander will be a top 15 PPR WR
  • branch0095 December 9
    pemo said:

Brandon Marshall - Getting older and has an uber talented receiver across of him.  May change if the Bears keep Cutler AND if Cutler shows his old tunnel vision towards Marshall.

Reuben Randle - I like his talent, and when Nicks leaves I think he will get a lot of hype.  I just really, really don't like Eli.
    Hakeem Nicks - I really think wherever he ends up, there will be hype, and I will jump at the opportunity to sell him.
    Jamaal Charles - Going to be 27, time to sell at peak value.
    Da'Rick Rogers - Depends on how out of hand the hype gets.  If he has a solid end towards his season, I can see people labeling him the next Josh Gordon.

Well, you did my job for me. These were the first 3 that came to mind for me. I called Marshall/Foster/Rice were my top 3 sells after last season, and you would have been in good shape had you sold all of them. 

Marshall is still producing, but Jeffrey's emergence is going to hurt his value. You won't get what you would have last year, but you should be able to squeeze out low WR1 value out of him.

I've been called crazy by some on other forums for calling Charles a sell this year. He's the #1 back in the league. That's why I'm selling though. Like you said, he'll be 27 before next season, and he's had a very high touch count this year. We've seen as recent as this year how volatile the RB is, so I have no problem selling off Charles while he's valued as a top 2 RB. I'd much rather sell and watch him produce for 2 more seasons than I would to hold and have a Foster/Rice situation on my hands.

Nicks is someone I have been avoiding for some time. I did buy him a few weeks ago because the value was very good. Like you said, the hype will build when he leaves. If that means I can get something close to low WR1 value out of him then I'll sell.

A few other players I look at as sells for one reason or another this year are Andre Brown/Tate/Jordy/Lynch. Lynch is probably really close to the top of my list when it comes to sells.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • stewss7stewss7 December 9
    Charles will be 27 but he missed an entire year and did not get a full RB1 workload until Reid arrived in KC. Much less miles in the legs than most RBs of that age.
    @stewss7
  • SmittySmitty December 9
    Gordon if I can sell at values I'm seeing. That said, I won't sell him in all leagues because I want to own him.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • branch0095 December 9
    stewss7 said:

Charles will be 27 but he missed an entire year and did not get a full RB1 workload until Reid arrived in KC. Much less miles in the legs than most RBs of that age.

This is definitely true, and much of what the "hold" argument is based on when it comes to Charles. I guess it comes down to your philosophy in dynasty. My goal is to maximize value by playing the trade "stock market". Yeah you're giving up a STUD in Charles, but if you do it right you could end up with multiple studs in return for him. You just have to have faith that you're making the right trades. The fact of the matter is that Charles' value will never be higher than it is right now. It can't be. He's the #1 RB and will be 27 before next season. This time next year people will starting to knock his value down some based on his age, even if he has had a low workload. I feel if you always sell players at their peak value, you'll always be in good shape and have plenty of sought after assets to make the trades needed to championship runs.
    2013 predictions

• SmittySmitty December 9
    branch0095 said:

stewss7 said:

This is definitely true, and much of what the "hold" argument is based on when it comes to Charles. I guess it comes down to your philosophy in dynasty. My goal is to maximize value by playing the trade "stock market". Yeah you're giving up a STUD in Charles, but if you do it right you could end up with multiple studs in return for him. You just have to have faith that you're making the right trades. The fact of the matter is that Charles' value will never be higher than it is right now. It can't be. He's the #1 RB and will be 27 before next season. This time next year people will starting to knock his value down some based on his age, even if he has had a low workload. I feel if you always sell players at their peak value, you'll always be in good shape and have plenty of sought after assets to make the trades needed to championship runs.

Maybe. This is arguable for sure, but so is smaller backs not holding up as long. It's so tough, and Charles could be that outlier type.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • branch0095 December 9
    Smitty said:

branch0095 said:

stewss7 said:

Maybe. This is arguable for sure, but so is smaller backs not holding up as long. It's so tough, and Charles could be that outlier type.

I definitely agree with you Smitty. That's why Charles is a sell for me. :)
    2013 predictions

• Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass December 9
    Andrew Luck

NFL QB, not Fantasy QB, IMO
    Non PPR Dynasty
    1 pt every 50 yds passing/20 yds rushing
    4 pt passing TD

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE

P Manning, Luck, Cutler
    Richardson, Spiller, L Bell, Ridley, Michael, Tate, B Pierce
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Britt, Shorts, Floyd (AZ), M Brown
    Gronk, JT, Cameron
    3 2014 1sts
  • NeedalifeNeedalife December 9
    SELL HIGH (if the value is there):
    QB - Foles, Peyton
    RB - Charles, Peterson, Lynch
    WR - VJax, DJax
    TE - Vernon

BUYING LOW (bonus):
    Gronk, Luck, Cobb, Jordy, Roddy

TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller/Tate
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 December 9
    Cj2k and Jermichael Finley; both will not be back with their teams next year 
  • fontaines December 10
    Josh Gordon-  Current pace impossible to maintain, value can only go down next season.
    Jamaal Charles
    Matt Forte-  Pretty standard to try to sell after a career year, especially a 28 year old rb
    Calvin Johnson (you believe he'll be 29??  might be last preseason to get 1st round value for him)
    VJax, Djax
    Manning
    Dez-  I don't think Romo likes him.  If romo got injured Dez would be putting up Josh Gordon numbers with a young qb force feeding him.  I'd like to get off the Dez and Cowboys train as long as Romo and Jerry Jones are around.
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 10
    Terrific question.

Forte
    CJ2k
    Bush
    Marshall
    Harvin
    Decker
    Both Jacksons
    Moreno
    AP yes I'm saying Adrian Peterson.
    Gordon if you get equal value.
    Philip Rivers, this can't last...

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • dunlap13dunlap13 December 10
    What have you see for Gordon's value currently and what would you sell him for in your opinion? 
    Peyton Manning

Cj Spiller, Lamar Miller, Le'veon Bell, bernard pierce,Shane Vereen,
    BJGE, Johnathan Franklin, Ben Tate,

Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb,Josh Gordon,
    TY Hilton, Alshon Jefferey, Chris Givens, Mike Williams

Jared Cook, Jordan Reed
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie December 10
    Sell all NYJ players!!   >:)
    DC Nation Moderator
  • pemopemo December 10
    fontaines said:

Josh Gordon-  Current pace impossible to maintain, value can only go down next season.

Jamaal Charles
    Matt Forte-  Pretty standard to try to sell after a career year, especially a 28 year old rb
    Calvin Johnson (you believe he'll be 29??  might be last preseason to get 1st round value for him)
    VJax, Djax
    Manning
    Dez-  I don't think Romo likes him.  If romo got injured Dez would be putting up Josh Gordon numbers with a young qb force feeding him.  I'd like to get off the Dez and Cowboys train as long as Romo and Jerry Jones are around.

See, I disagree on Gordon.  His value goes up if he makes it through the drug program and puts up another dominant year.  If he has 2014 numbers in the top 1-5 range, and keeps his nose clean, I think there's no way to argue he won't ascend to Julio/Calvin/AJG tier
    Predictions

• pemopemo December 10
    dunlap13 said:

What have you see for Gordon's value currently and what would you sell him for in your opinion? 

I think right now people have him at 6-10.  If I could get him for AJG, Julio, or Calvin, I'd do it.  
    Predictions

• popo24 December 10
    There's no reason Julio should still be in the Calvin/AJG tier. Julio is always dinged up. I agree that Gordon needs to stay out of trouble for a while before putting him with those two but if you offered me your Julio for my Gordon I would laugh in your face. No way I sell Gordon unless I get a way stupid overpay. Don't know why you would. A young dominant receiver? Even if his numbers dip slightly so what. The guy is a future superstar.

• pemopemo December 10
    popo24 said:

There's no reason Julio should still be in the Calvin/AJG tier. Julio is always dinged up. I agree that Gordon needs to stay out of trouble for a while before putting him with those two but if you offered me your Julio for my Gordon I would laugh in your face. No way I sell Gordon unless I get a way stupid overpay. Don't know why you would. A young dominant receiver? Even if his numbers dip slightly so what. The guy is a future superstar.

Because people are heavily reactionary towards injuries.  It's complete recency bias.  

Julio has been dinged up, but Gordon's suspension risk is easily as substantial as Julio's injury risk.  If Julio goes a year without being injured everyone will forget, just like with Demaryius.

I see them as being very similar, but I have Julio > Gordon because personally I consider Gordon's suspension risk higher than Julio's injury risk.
    Predictions

• tmoneytmoney December 10
    I see a lot of names that are going to be tough sells on this list.  Here are some names that were mentioned above, that I think will be tough sells.

Peyton Manning - I don't think you'll get anywhere near decent value on Peyton.  Everyone knows the end is near, so no one is buying.  Hold him until he retires, and start working on rostering a successor.

Adrian Peterson - I was telling people to sell him last offseason and early this season.  Another year older, and might not finish this season due to injury (albeit a minor one)  Sorry, but I think the window has closed on this one.

Marshawn Lynch - I have him on 1 team, tried to trade him last offseason, no one was interested then.  With Turbin and Michael on the Seahawks roster, everyone knows it's a matter of time before beast mode wears off.

Brandon Marshall - While he's still producing, the emergence of Alshon Jeffrey has really put a dent into his value.   He still has several productive years ahead of him, but I can't see that there might be some concern about his numbers taking a hit.

Knoshown Moreno - Moreno has been able to hold off Ball through most of this season, but as we get further into December and then into the playoffs, I think Ball will start to get a bigger and bigger role in the Broncos offense (as long as he doesn't fumble).  Moreno will be a tough sell, as many (especially members of the dc nation) see Ball as the back of the future.
  • emurrell17 December 10
    pemo said:

popo24 said:

Because people are heavily reactionary towards injuries.  It's complete recency bias.  

Julio has been dinged up, but Gordon's suspension risk is easily as substantial as Julio's injury risk.  If Julio goes a year without being injured everyone will forget, just like with Demaryius.

I see them as being very similar, but I have Julio > Gordon because personally I consider Gordon's suspension risk higher than Julio's injury risk.

I agree with that 100% pemo!
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
Add a Comment