Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• cohendpt December 24
  • emurrell17 December 26
  • rabidbucfan December 24
  • Smitty 12:49AM
  • Swampies 12:18AM
  • wh0urdady December 26
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie December 24
  • Wutthecrapman December 26

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12167
  • bddavidson 11298
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9664
  • BuckysGT 7551
  • LukeB5301 7165
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6416
  • TBL 4481
  • branch0095 3994
  • fontaines 3965

Who's Online (11)

• bddavidson 11:43AM
  • BostonBrowns 11:40AM
  • chaindog35 11:41AM
  • EverydownBack 11:41AM
  • FarFromHome 11:42AM
  • Ipkiss 11:42AM
  • jintsfan66 11:41AM
  • LukeB5301 11:41AM
  • troyg97 11:40AM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 11:41AM
  • Wutthecrapman 11:41AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
**** FREE 2014 Subscription**** Contest.. Begins NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SmittySmitty
    This contest ends Jan. 20th.

Rules:

1) What gets you what? Win a FREE 2014 Subscription. Submit a photo of you, or someone, holding up a "DraftCalc Rules!" (or approved equivalent). Placing it in front of a dog works as well, creativity is fine, just use your judgement as to what will gain voting interest. No photoshopping, though!
    2) Where to post: Submissions must be posted here in this topic (or PM me if you need to somehow send it to me and have me post it for you).
    3) Photoshopping: Photoshopping will not be eligible to win this time around. Entries must be real. You can submit a photoshopped image, sure, we can all enjoy it, but it will not qualify. The photo must be real.
    4) Deadline: Entries must be submitted by Jan. 20.
    5) Voting: Voting will take place via a poll that I will post on Jan. 21 (via a new topic). Voting will last for 10 days, the winner will be given a FREE 2014 Subscription on FEB 1, which is our new relaunch date! Just in time for Day 1 of the 2014 fantasy football season!
    6) Clean: All photos must be clean, not x-rated. Edgy is ok, but no total nudity or anything, or any extremeness that would be considered inappropriate to the average person.
    7) # of entries: Enter as many times as you'd like (not multiple takes of the same concept, but you can enter a photo for each concept/idea you have).
    8) Extra: Smitty reserves the right to make rulings on issues not fully covered in these rules. 
    9) Already Won Last year: You cannot win a free subscription to this contest if you have already won a sub from the last contest, or have a free sub due to winning some other contest run. Enter, though! You can still place first, but the subscription will be awarded to the second place vote getter. Any person that qualifies in this area (wins the entire thing and already has a free subscription, like Whosurdady or TroyP, I will give that person the bonus item below for their efforts).

BONUS ANNOUNCEMENT: The first legit entry will automatically win a custom player sketch straight from the new-to-announce "DraftCalc Sketch Store". What is this? Well, more on this come Feb. 1, but DraftCalc is likely to unleash a standalone product/store this year that will produce awesome player sketches for leagues, banners, avatars, facebook posts, etc. All sketches by Smitty, and all are original artworks created from in-game action, not copies of anyone else's photo/work. This winner can tell me what player they want sketched and what team name they want on it, etc.

Ex: Carlos Hyde (incoming rookie running back)

- Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • cohendptcohendpt December 24
    Smitty if we won a free year do we need to do anything username wise for wen February starts?
    5 point per TD, NON PPR league, no fraction points 50 pass yds = 1 point, 20 receiving/rushing = 1 point, salary cap league ($100; 25% salary increase 1st/2nd yr resign; 50% salary increase year 3 and on)

QB: cam, kap
    RB: charles, martin, wilson, bAll, bEll, stacy, franklin, s.taylor, ellington, l.murray, c. Michael, d.johnson
    WR: calvin, julio, dez, antonio brown, Gordon
    TE: Cameron, Reed, Ertz, Bostik
    DB:T. Matheiu
    LB: kuechly, d.ryan, burfict
    DL: Quinn
    K: Prater, Walsh
  • rabidbucfan December 24
    Sweet deal Smitty - good luck DC Nation
    Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
    -Vince Lombardi
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • Swampies December 24
    I'm in! Got a few ideas ! :-?
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • SmittySmitty December 24
    cohendpt said:

Smitty if we won a free year do we need to do anything username wise for wen February starts?

Good question.

- Any FREE winners will just have access on Feb1.

- Any discount winners (ex: won a half off discount through the contest) will have the option of using a coupon code at checkout, or they can pass on that action and instead: take advantage of the "alternative" purchasing promotion that we will be offering. Essentially, if one has have deposited into DraftStreet, a $10 deposit into a new account (or into an already-created account that just has never had deposits) will earn a FREE DC Subscription. Amazing promotion given $10 can be spent on a contest and then you ride free here at DC!!! Those discount winners (half off winners from our DC Photo Submission Contest) that want to go the DraftStreet route can just pick a free sketch out of the Sketch Store instead of using the DC half off discount code.
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie December 24
    Awesome!!  Love these contests.  Lets see those pictures Nation.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Swampies December 24
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    K Steven Hauschka

• SmittySmitty December 25
    For being the first entry, Swampies received a FREE bonus prize of a custom (by myself) Player Sketch, which is original sketch art work, not a copy of anyone else's work or photo etc.. These kinds of artworks can be created in the upcoming "Sketch Store" that launches on Feb. 1..... So, Swamps picked Josh Gordon. Give the man his prize!

Note: Swamps, your copies won't have the watermark.

• emurrell17 December 26
    Can the text be drawn or typed on top of the picture? Or does it have to be from a sign?
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • wh0urdady December 26
    Good luck to the winner!!!
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, D. Richardson, Jackson, Lattimore, McGahee
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery, K. Allen
    TE: J. Thomas, Cameron
    K: Hartley
    DST: Texans, Saints
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 26
    Not sure if i'm in the running but i'll participate regardless!!! Here's one of my many adoring fans, best friend and supporters lol.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • SmittySmitty December 26
    emurrell17 said:

Can the text be drawn or typed on top of the picture? Or does it have to be from a sign?

No old photos, no photoshopping. I mean, you can enter whatever you want, but an original "draftcalc" or "draftcalc.com rules" sign is the objective, not an old photo with some sort of altering. But, again, enter whatever for fun, it just won't count if not created/taken for the contest.
  • emurrell17 December 26
    Okay, I wasn't gonna use an old photo. I'm going skiing in a few days, and I thought I could take a cool picture from the top of the mountain looking down. Holding a sign while snowboarding down a mountain while taking a picture would be very difficult haha
    Bold Predictions:
  • Swampies December 26

Having a little fun with it!

K Steven Hauschka

• emurrell17 December 26
    Haha very nice!
    Bold Predictions:
  • Swampies December 26
    This is the best idea yet! Check it out! Made a sign backwards!

K Steven Hauschka

• Swampies December 26
    Breaking in my new big screen TV by watching Smitty new video !

K Steven Hauschka

Wutthecrapman said:

Not sure if i'm in the running but i'll participate regardless!!! Here's one of my many adoring fans, best friend and supporters lol.

Nice. Thanks for getting involved!
    Swampies said:

;image

Nice job, Swamps. To insert these images, you just paste the image urls into the box that pops up when you click on the 'image' icon on the forum text editor bar. I did it for you for the entries above! Nice work!
  • Swampies 12:18AM

Swampies said:

This is the best idea yet! Check it out! Made a sign backwards!

Smitty said:

Swampies said:

;image

Nice job, Swamps. To insert these images, you just paste the image urls into the box that pops up when you click on the 'image' icon on the forum text editor bar. I did it for you for the entries above! Nice work!

yeah for some reason Smitty the iPad does not allow you to use your editor bar! Nor does the URL box to insert a photo!
    K Steven Hauschka

• SmittySmitty 12:40AM
    Oh, no prob, Swamps! I can post em for ya, then. Great entries!
Add a Comment