Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson December 24
  • emurrell17 12:55AM
  • rabidbucfan December 24
  • Smitty 1:16AM
  • Swampies December 25
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie December 24
  • Wutthecrapman December 24

Tagged

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12167
  • bddavidson 11297
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9664
  • BuckysGT 7551
  • LukeB5301 7165
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6416
  • TBL 4481
  • branch0095 3994
  • fontaines 3964

Who's Online (7)

• BostonBrowns 11:06AM
  • chaindog35 11:07AM
  • emurrell17 11:06AM
  • FarFromHome 11:07AM
  • fontaines 11:06AM
  • Ipkiss 11:07AM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 11:07AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
DraftCalc 'Sketch Store' Launches Feb. 1
  • SmittySmitty
    What is it?
    It's a standalone product outside of content. It's a store full of Avatars, Banners, Custom Images... all original artwork/sketches of NFL players (none of which are copies of anything out there, like other's photos. These are are original. 

Why create the Sketch Store?
    We all love our FF avatars, league banners , Facebook banners, Facebook post bragging, and league-based articles (where we brag about who we drafted).... 

Examples?
    Here is a sketch of returning-to-college running back Melvin Gordon III:

Here is a sketch of incoming rookie running back Carlos Hyde:

What will be in the store?
    Well, in the store will be already-sketched images, like this one above, sketches of AP, Calvin, Shady McCoy, etc, but we will also have a product where you tell me what player you want sketched and what you want added (league name, or team name, or your name, your kid's name, etc). So, products will include:
    1) 'Already-Created' Sketches 
    2) 'Request-Your-Own' Sketch, a to-be-created product
    3) 'Draw My Line-Up' Sketch (most likely limited to 5-6 players, and excluding your DST :) )

Pricing
    Pricing will be TBA, but already-created sketches will be very cheap and reasonable, I imagine in the $4.99 to $5.99 range. The custom stuff will be a reasonable step up in price to accommodate the time spent creating.

Style
    The style is as you see above, so expect that type of product in return. Pencil-only style sketch can be done, or pencil-style with color like above. All work is drawn digitally.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • rabidbucfan December 24
    cool
    Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
    -Vince Lombardi
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 24
    This is impressive

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • bddavidsonbddavidson December 24
    rabidbucfan said:

cool

Wutthecrapman said:

This is impressive

hey guys maybe we need get some banner for our IC leagues how about it?
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie December 24
    This is great Smitty.  Love the creativeness!
    DC Nation Moderator
  • SmittySmitty December 24
    Thanks.
    We had a contest going on on another thread, first "DraftCalc Rules" photo contest entry wins/won a free custom DC Sketch. The winner, with the below photo... Swampies: 

Here is Swamps' photo: 

• Swampies December 24
    Thanks so much Smitty for that! Contest or not I will continue to promote DraftCalc.com anything to make this site grow, It will be my mission!
    The Player I pick will be Josh Gordon the 1st. Breakout player from the upside board that Was your #10. :)
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    Swampies said:

Thanks so much Smitty for that! Contest or not I will continue to promote DraftCalc.com anything to make this site grow, It will be my mission!
    The Player I pick will be Josh Gordon the 1st. Breakout player from the upside board that Was your #10. :)

Josh Gordon it is! I'll post the result here for all to see your cool bonus prize.
  • SmittySmitty December 25

Swampies, your order is complete. Here is your custom sketch I did for you of Josh Gordon, hope you like. And, your copies won't have the watermark.. i emailed them to you.

• Swampies December 25
    Smitty said:

Swampies, your order is complete. Here is your custom sketch I did for you of Josh Gordon, hope you like. And, your copies won't have the watermark.. i emailed them to you.

nice! It is Christmas, thank you buddy!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • emurrell17 December 25
    Nice Christmas present!
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • SmittySmitty 12:52AM
    Here is an order I received/completed by the commissioners of the Instant Classic's III League... a league banner where the winner gets to decide what players of his he wants to display for all to see all year long. It came out pretty sweet looking. 

If anyone wants a custom banner ordered, the Sketch Store launches on Feb. 1! You can PM me early if you need something sooner.

• emurrell17 12:55AM
    That is freaking cool.
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • SmittySmitty 1:16AM
    emurrell17 said:

That is freaking cool.

Thanks, man. Order one on Feb. 1 for your league, your facebook posts so you can brag, or buy the product where I can sketch your line-up (pick like 5-6 of your main guys). I can do an order early, but Feb. 1 the product will be up.
Add a Comment