Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson December 27
  • branch0095 December 25
  • chaindog35 December 27
  • emurrell17 December 27
  • fontaines December 25
  • Noahblum December 26
  • OprtnShtdwn December 25
  • Smitty December 25
  • Swampies December 27
  • TexasBornCowboysFan December 27
  • Troy_Polamalyourass December 25
  • Wutthecrapman December 25
  • Zach December 27

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12167
  • bddavidson 11307
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9665
  • BuckysGT 7551
  • LukeB5301 7165
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6417
  • TBL 4481
  • branch0095 3996
  • fontaines 3967

Who's Online (2)

• meast 5:43AM
  • Swampies 5:42AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Titleless
  • OprtnShtdwnOprtnShtdwn

Just curious,  how many of us here have unforunately continued the streak of still chasing that first and only championship title. You can count me as one, I've been a consistent playoff contender, but i've never been able to win a title.  Feels like i'm the Romo of my league.

Too all those that won their first title as well as others who continued to add hardware to the trophy case this season, congrats. 

CHURCHILL COLTS - 6 playoffs spot in 8 years, 4 Division titles, 2 SB Runner-Ups. One day I'll win the big one
  • SmittySmitty December 25
    It's happened to us all. Loading teams up with some of the same studs (That get hurt, or bust) can take out all teams... or win you 2-3 championships. I had Julio on like 7-8 teams this year, and lost in the playoffs or didn't make the playoffs with probably 60-70% of those Julio-built teams. It happens. 

Back to the drawing board for everyone, winners or those that didn't win one.... Feb.1 it's on!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • OprtnShtdwnOprtnShtdwn December 25

Oh i'm not just talking this year, i'm talking all time i've yet to win one.  I've had some unreal playoff collaspes. Eventually the sun will shine on my squad from cover to cover

CHURCHILL COLTS - 6 playoffs spot in 8 years, 4 Division titles, 2 SB Runner-Ups. One day I'll win the big one
  • bddavidsonbddavidson December 25
    If for not beating Gary In the IC 3 championship it would have been  the 1st year, i would have never brought home a title..i usually have more than one but not this year..tough year! 
    DC Nation Moderator
  • SmittySmitty December 25
    OprtnShtdwn said:

Oh i'm not just talking this year, i'm talking all time i've yet to win one.  I've had some unreal playoff collaspes. Eventually the sun will shine on my squad from cover to cover

Let's get you a title in 2014, then!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • Swampies December 25
    Smitty said:

OprtnShtdwn said:

Let's get you a title in 2014, then!

man if those are not fighting words to lead all of us into battle! CHARGE!!!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 25
    Right here brother, 2 finals and one of which ending very close. All I can say? Maybe next year.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • fontaines December 25
    I had similar luck. It took me 5 years and 18 total seasons before I won my first solo championship. But I've gone back to back in one league and made 7 cookie league finals in the last 2 years after some pretty unreal first round losses. It happens to all of us but when it rains it pours. Fantasy is a lot of luck and eventually that luck will go your way. Be patient :)
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • branch0095 December 25
    I had the opposite experience this season. I was in a few free DC leagues in which I didnt make the playoffs in any. The competition is definitely stiff in these leagues, but I blame a lot of it on me not giving the leagues the full attention I give my cookie leagues. I made 3 championship games and 2 championships out of 4 cookie leagues. Not a brag post here, I'm saying this because it leads to my question for those in this post....

When building your teams in multiple leagues, how similar do each of your rosters look? Do you have "your guys" that you tend to load up on for most of your teams? I usually diversify my rosters, at least in the first few rounds when their are many options that carry similar value. This is how I avoided going down with the TRich ship this year. I feel if you roster the same players on each squad that your season can become very boom or bust. I like not having 1 or 2 players bust and destroy all my leagues. That being said, this is only my strategy for a startup. When trading for players I do tend to go after the same players more often.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass December 25
    I tried and mix a few of my early picks but there were some consistencies (redraft)

1. I had the #1 in two leagues...didn't get cute and took AP

2. Every chance I got I took Forte or Dez in the 2nd

3. I know it's taboo but I picked SEA DST in the 7th as much as possible

4. Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon were my 8th and 9th rd picks

5. The 4th was a bad rd for me as I took a lot of DC sleepers (L Miller, M Ball, etc)

6. Almost drafted A Henery in every league since his bye was Week 12 and didn't want to deal with adding a kicker

7. All but one league (Brees fell to me at 3.1) I was the last to draft a QB and it was usually Romo
    Non PPR Dynasty
    1 pt every 50 yds passing/20 yds rushing
    4 pt passing TD

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE

P Manning, Luck, Cutler
    Richardson, Spiller, L Bell, Ridley, Michael, Tate, B Pierce
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Britt, Shorts, Floyd (AZ), M Brown
    Gronk, JT, Cameron
    3 2014 1sts
  • NoahblumNoahblum December 26
    I fell victim to drafting as many upside board guys as I could to a fault I'm going to mixup the first few rounds next year that's the best way .... I was on a total of 9 cookie league was + $750 in the end and it was the luck of a dynasty team that had no business in the playoffs going off one week then getting gifts ( lows scores other team ) two weeks in a row ... My best team no cookie .... That's what makes it fun ...
  • emurrell17 December 26
    My problem is that I'm in a league with friends and they consider me the "guru" because of the advice I get on here, so every time I offer then a trade they think "oh this guy must be gaining value soon! I'm gonna hold onto him at all costs"...almost impossible for me to get any trading done
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan December 27
    I got skunked this year in H2H leagues.
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• Swampies December 27
    emurrell17 said:

My problem is that I'm in a league with friends and they consider me the "guru" because of the advice I get on here, so every time I offer then a trade they think "oh this guy must be gaining value soon! I'm gonna hold onto him at all costs"...almost impossible for me to get any trading done

having that same problem in my cookie league.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • chaindog35chaindog35 December 27
    OprtnShtdwn said:

Just curious,  how many of us here have unforunately continued the streak of still chasing that first and only championship title. You can count me as one, I've been a consistent playoff contender, but i've never been able to win a title.  Feels like i'm the Romo of my league.

Too all those that won their first title as well as others who continued to add hardware to the trophy case this season, congrats. 

I was in a similar situation in my primary dynasty league going into 2011.  I had been in the league for 8 years, made the playoffs for 7 straight years, had been the #1 seed 3 of the previous 4 years and still no championships.  Fast forward and I now have championships 2 (2011 and 2013) of the last 3 years.  All you can do is work to make the playoffs, pick your best lineup and hope for some good luck.  It takes skill to make the playoffs, it takes luck to win a championship.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson December 27
    chaindog35 said:

OprtnShtdwn said:

I was in a similar situation in my primary dynasty league going into 2011.  I had been in the league for 8 years, made the playoffs for 7 straight years, had been the #1 seed 3 of the previous 4 years and still no championships.  Fast forward and I now have championships 2 (2011 and 2013) of the last 3 years.  All you can do is work to make the playoffs, pick your best lineup and hope for some good luck.  It takes skill to make the playoffs, it takes luck to win a championship.

well said!
    DC Nation Moderator
  • ZachZach December 27
    Lost in all three finals!
  • emurrell17 December 27
    In a few of my friend leagues we are thinking about going h2h still for the first 13 weeks but then the last 3 will be most points overall for the title..I like the idea because
    A. I think it's a little less luck oriented.
    B. I think it will keep more people involved until the very end instead of just 2

Any thoughts on that idea?
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
Add a Comment