Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson January 3
  • draftyinhere January 25
  • dunlap13 January 3
  • emurrell17 January 25
  • haimez40 January 3
  • Iceman January 26
  • Jalane53 January 3
  • Needalife January 3
  • Reisssox January 2
  • Smitty January 26
  • stewss7 January 2
  • Swampies January 27
  • TBL January 26
  • TheHuddle January 26
  • vincentjmack January 25
  • Wutthecrapman January 2
  • zeeshan2 January 25
  • zildjian January 25

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12414
  • bddavidson 11884
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9965
  • BuckysGT 7614
  • LukeB5301 7298
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6804
  • TBL 4587
  • fontaines 4286
  • branch0095 4172

Who's Online (4)

• electricrelish 10:11PM
  • LukeB5301 10:13PM
  • Smitty 10:13PM
  • tmoney 10:14PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Mike Evans
  • whansen1202whansen1202

Kid is a beast.

Where do you think he'll land in the draft?

What team(s) you think he'd be best suited for, and if he lands on one of them, what do you all think his rookie and long term stats can be?

• emurrell17 January 2
    Where do I think he'll land? NYJ? Bal maybe?
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson January 2
    emurrell17 said:

please please not NY!
    DC Nation Moderator
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman January 2
    bddavidson said:

emurrell17 said:

please please not NY!

Seriously.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere January 2
    I think it could be close for the #2 WR taken (after Watkins), either Evans or Lee, but we'll see how things unravel over the next few months. Lee and Evans are very different players, especially how they're built, so it might come down to team preference. I do agree with Baltimore and NYJ as possible landing spots. I've even seen less likely scenarios like St. Louis, Buffalo, or Detroit.

My guess is he'll be taken in the Top 20 picks if the combine goes well.
    Dynasty PPR, 2QB IDP, Kick Return Yardage Points
    QB: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill, Manuel, Glennon, Keenum
    RB: Gio, L. Bell, CJ2K, L. Miller, P. Thomas, Ellington, Lattimore, L. Murray
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
    TE: Witten, Reed, Cook, Ertz, Kelce
    K: Gostkowski
    DE/DT: Wake, Ware, M. Williams
    LB: D. Johnson, Mayo, Cushing, Timmons
    DB: Honey Badger, Ward, M. Wright, Vaccaro
  • NeedalifeNeedalife January 2
    I think he goes as the first WR off the board.  I hate all of the early landing spots that a lot of people mock like BUF, NYJ, BAL, KC.

I would really like to see the Saints go after a guy like this.  Brees is too good to not surround him with a stronger WR option.  Defenses have the luxury of being able to double Graham because the NOR WRs aren't a huge threat.  Don't get me wrong, they get the job done but I dont see them imposing their physical dominance.  Brees with Graham and Evans would be dirty!

I could also see PIT as a landing spot.  Just a gut feeling.
    TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller/Tate
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • bddavidsonbddavidson January 2
    ^ i like the NO call...and pitts would be a nice spot as well
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Reisssox January 2
    Highly unlikely he goes before Watkins...but maybe....
  • stewss7stewss7 January 2
    Not a chance he goes before Watkins or Lee. I can see him anywhere from #3 WR to #6 or #7.
    @stewss7
  • emurrell17 January 2
    Watkins top 10

Evans top 16-17

Im sorry guys but lee really doesn't make me say "wow that guy is leaps and bounds better than the other 5 first round potential wrs"

I actually like cooks, Robinson, and kelvin Benjamin around the same as lee. I will watch some more film on him...because it could be my bias towards hating everything affiliated with USC (lane kiffin...I'm a UT fan)

But my stance is this when I'm scouting:
    Do they have at least one skill that I can say without a shadow of a doubt "he will be able to do that at the next level"

Personally, I think Watkins is Julio esk. He can out physical people and then burn them. I don't think he has quite the 'go up and get it' that Julio does, but that isn't a knock on him really- considering only Calvin and ajg can really rival Julio in that dept...but I think Sammy has great hands fantastic speed and great physicality.

You know that 'go up and get it' thing I just mentioned? That's Evans. I think that he has the ability to win 1v1s all day, and I think that can translate into the pros very well.

With lee, I don't see any of those things really jump out at me...he's fast and he makes plays. But he doesn't catch a lot of balls cleanly (lots of awkward catches it looked like to me) and he doesn't high point the ball that great. Therefor I have to think that a lot of the catches he has made in college won't translate.

Kelvin Benjamin really intrigues me. I haven't seen as much as I'd like to, but I've seen him make some great high point catches and when you are 6'5 and 220+ pounds that doesn't stop happening at the next level. He is on my watch list to jump lee.

I also think cooks and Robinson could jump lee (for a fantasy perspective anyway) if they go to Carolina or another good situation. It just seems right now that those two are projected to go around the bottom of the first and I think any wr going to Car is gonna be fantasy gold.
    Bold Predictions:
    IMO, Lee is the most NFL ready WR in the class. He is so smooth in & out of his breaks & has NFL elite body control. He's a touch behind Watkins for me right now.
    @stewss7
  • Reisssox January 2
    stewss7 said:

IMO, Lee is the most NFL ready WR in the class. He is so smooth in & out of his breaks & has NFL elite body control. He's a touch behind Watkins for me right now.

my thoughts as well...Lee was best wr the yr before...fought thru injuries this past yr

• draftyinheredraftyinhere January 2
    I've read several places that Lee is NFL ready but I haven't seen him much live, so I always like to hear what people like and don't like about him. It should be interesting to see if his injury has slowed him down at all (longer term), but he sure looks fast in these highlights: 
    Dynasty PPR, 2QB IDP, Kick Return Yardage Points
    QB: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill, Manuel, Glennon, Keenum
    RB: Gio, L. Bell, CJ2K, L. Miller, P. Thomas, Ellington, Lattimore, L. Murray
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
    TE: Witten, Reed, Cook, Ertz, Kelce
    K: Gostkowski
    DE/DT: Wake, Ware, M. Williams
    LB: D. Johnson, Mayo, Cushing, Timmons
    DB: Honey Badger, Ward, M. Wright, Vaccaro
  • NeedalifeNeedalife January 2
    emurrell17 said:

I think any wr going to Car is gonna be fantasy gold.

Oh yeah, any elite WR that ends up paired with Cam gets a bump for sure. Good call emurrell17
    TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller/Tate
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
    draftyinhere said:

I've read several places that Lee is NFL ready but I haven't seen him much live, so I always like to hear what people like and don't like about him. It should be interesting to see if his injury has slowed him down at all (longer term), but he sure looks fast in these highlights: 

Doesn't have elite size or speed...but he's soooo smooth. Injuries are definitely a concern.

Edit...by smooth, I mean body control.
    @stewss7
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 January 3
    As a Texans fan, I hope either lee, Watkins, or Evans is available but probably won't be. Manziel/BridgeH2O with Andre, Hopkins, and either of those wrs would be amazing!
  • emurrell17 January 3
    zeeshan2 said:

As a Texans fan, I hope either lee, Watkins, or Evans is available but probably won't be. Manziel/BridgeH2O with Andre, Hopkins, and either of those wrs would be amazing!

I don't think any of them will be available for my panthers. But I don't think that wr is the texans biggest need right now
    Bold Predictions:
  • bddavidsonbddavidson January 3
    emurrell17 said:

zeeshan2 said:

I don't think any of them will be available for my panthers. But I don't think that wr is the texans biggest need right now

agreed they have needs else where..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Jalane53Jalane53 January 3
    I read reports that said NFL Scouts believe Mke Evans could thrive in the NFL as TE, almost like a Tim Wright situation. I don't know how I feel about this, but if he has the vertical speed, he could be dangerous almost like another V. Davis or Graham because he has the body make-up.
  • haimez40 January 3
    I love Evans and his bowl performance won't change my view, but I would be lying if I said it didn't make me nervous on how he reacted to adversity on the big stage.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • emurrell17 January 3
    I don't like Evans as a te. I just don't like that
    Bold Predictions:
Add a Comment