Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• 84forever January 8
  • bddavidson January 8
  • branch0095 January 8
  • fontaines January 8
  • jintsfan66 January 8
  • JREwing January 9
  • Needalife January 8

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12479
  • bddavidson 12015
  • JRMRRT 10957
  • Wutthecrapman 9966
  • BuckysGT 7628
  • LukeB5301 7337
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6885
  • TBL 4639
  • fontaines 4343
  • branch0095 4217

Who's Online (7)

• Bigfor 10:10PM
  • emurrell17 10:11PM
  • Haggishntr 10:09PM
  • JRMRRT 10:11PM
  • ODB 10:10PM
  • Smitty 10:12PM
  • TBL 10:12PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Is it time to move Fitz?
  • JREwing January 8

12 team, PPR, Dynasty

Ive been offered 2 2nd rd pick in the upcoming 2014 rookie draft to part ways with Larry Fitzgerald. His stat line seems to be steadily declining, and at age 31 I think it might be time to sell. Thoughts DC nation?

• jintsfan66 January 8
    I think the time to sell was early part of this year but yes I Sell. I sold Fitz and JT mid season and got Blackmon, Hopkins and a 2014 1st before Blackmon suspension but I am happy with the deal.
    Team #1
    QB - Arod, Roethlisberger
    RB - AP, T rich, Spiller, Pierce, Moreno, L. Murray
    WR - Julio Jones, Cobb, A. Brown, Nicks, T. Smith, TY Hilton, Blackmon
    TE - Graham, Thomas
    D- SF
    K- Dawson
    Taxi: C. Patterson Michael

Starting Requirements: 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1 DEF 1 PPR

• 84forever84forever January 8
    Oh man are we at that point already, it doesn't seem like too long since Fitz was lighting it up on that playoff run and arguably the number one receiver in the league but that's been what 4 or 5 years ago. I agree with jints the time to sell was earlier in the year but I don't blame you for missing that opportunity if I was an owner of Fitz I too would've held and wanted to see what he did in Arians offense. What I will say is I don't know if I sell Fitz for (2) 2nds we've seen receivers older than him have career resurgences and he's still a big name and will probably be ranked pretty solidly on most non dynasty sites and add in some potential good training camp buzz and there may very well be another sell moderately high window on Fitz just prior to the 2014 season and worst case if that doesn't happen and he doesn't have solid buzz you can either ride the guy that was once on his way to a hall of fame type career and still very well could be or I think you still have a while where you can trade Fitz and recoup a 2nd or two he would have to be terrible in 2014 to not recoup a 2nd almost based on name value alone. Right now unless you get a better offer Fitz is a hold for me. 
  • NeedalifeNeedalife January 8
    I might sell him for 1.05-1.08 range picks.  No chance I'm flipping him for 2 2nds.  Look back at your draft history and tell me how many 2nd round rookie picks have materialized and you will quickly see that it's a total crap shoot.  Fitz can at least be an elite bye week fill in if nothing more for you.  I think you could get a better offer for a guy who is still a #1 WR on his team (for now).
    TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • 84forever84forever January 8
    Needalife said:

I might sell him for 1.05-1.08 range picks.  No chance I'm flipping him for 2 2nds.  Look back at your draft history and tell me how many 2nd round rookie picks have materialized and you will quickly see that it's a total crap shoot.  Fitz can at least be an elite bye week fill in if nothing more for you.  I think you could get a better offer for a guy who is still a #1 WR on his team (for now).

This^
  • bddavidsonbddavidson January 8
    JREwing said:

12 team, PPR, Dynasty

Ive been offered 2 2nd rd pick in the upcoming 2014 rookie draft to part ways with Larry Fitzgerald. His stat line seems to be steadily declining, and at age 31 I think it might be time to sell. Thoughts DC nation?

even at his age and production i would expect a mid to high 1st or just hold him 2 2nds unless an idp league means little for him at this point he does a 2 to 3 years of production left that is better than probably two 2nds unless you can get a k allen type in the early 2nd like i did..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • fontainesfontaines January 8
    IDK, if you draft well you can get some nice players in the second.  Depends on your confidence in drafting.  Is there anyway he can give you the two this year and another down the road ie a 2015 2nd?

I guess I would consider.  Still think Fitz is worth a 1st but he won't get you a top 6 pick, and honestly two 2nds sometimes is better than 1.8 or 1.9 if you know what you're doing
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • branch0095 January 8
    If I wasn't contending I'd consider selling for two high seconds. If Im contending, then I'd just hold for that value. I'm confident you could get a 1st from a contender during the season. Plus there's been talk about Fitz saying that he would NOT take a pay cut for 2014. That suggests that it has been discussed in ARI. I still hold out hope that Fitz leaves ARI and goes to a situation that would make his value spike some.

Side question here. Would you sell Fitz for Moreno straight up?
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • JREwing January 9
    Yes, i would sell Fitz for Moreno. I just think what we have seen from Fitz the last couple of years is what we are going to see going forward. Solid WR2, but those guys are easy to find, much harder to find a RB1 type which is what Moreno is. Imo
Add a Comment