Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• dunlap13 January 9
  • emurrell17 January 9
  • fontaines January 10
  • Payton34 January 10
  • Swampies January 10
  • Ty_hod January 9

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12479
  • bddavidson 12041
  • JRMRRT 10970
  • Wutthecrapman 9966
  • BuckysGT 7628
  • LukeB5301 7347
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6906
  • TBL 4639
  • fontaines 4353
  • branch0095 4226

Who's Online (6)

• ArtyS 9:22PM
  • bmxholden1 9:20PM
  • chaindog35 9:20PM
  • Dcaster 9:21PM
  • dunlap13 9:19PM
  • greatprodigy 9:21PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
trying to acquire julio
  • dunlap13dunlap13 January 9
    Im trying to acquire julio jones or DT. Preferably julio. This is a .5 ppr dyno and not a dc league. So the price of Julio will be high, but probably not as high as around here. I asked and he said hed doubt hed trade either of them, but I asked him what players interests him to get his interest. Its a long shot but would deeply appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Also we are cutting down to keepers for this year only. ( to shake it up) 8 round draft. I dont have my fourth but have every other pick.So the players he listed he liked were peyton dez cobb gordon alshon. My roster is below.

Peyton
    Spiller vereen lamar ben tate leveon michae l pierce bolden d.johnson
    Dez cobb gordon alshon boykin hiltonJordan reed martellus bennett
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • Ty_hodTy_hod January 9
    I think you need to not worry about upgrading your WR and work on your RBs. A #1 RB would go a long way. 

• dunlap13dunlap13 January 9
    Ty_hod said:

I think you need to not worry about upgrading your WR and work on your RBs. A #1 RB would go a long way. 

in ppr vereen and bell are great backs

.5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • emurrell17 January 9
    I'd give dez straight up for him (Julio)
    Cobb and a late 2nd for him
    Gordon and a 3rd
    Alshon and a late 2nd
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • fontainesfontaines January 10
    emurrell17 said:

I'd give dez straight up for him (Julio)
    Cobb and a late 2nd for him
    Gordon and a 3rd
    Alshon and a late 2nd

Agree with everything except Gordon. I'd want Julio plus for Gordon right now.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • SwampiesSwampies January 10
    If there is a player I really really want I stack up multiable 1st rd draft picks and a player to go with it! It hurts you down the road but you do get your guy most of the time! Draft picks are money to me and I love to use them when I can, this would be one of them. Draft picks are important to a lot of guys but not me because if you do your homework you can pick up great players in later rounds. Most of the 1st round picks last year were wasted anyway so I prefer to trade them to get guys I know will produce knowing it's a gamble on Rookies!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • Payton34Payton34 January 10
    Swampies said:

If there is a player I really really want I stack up multiable 1st rd draft picks and a player to go with it! It hurts you down the road but you do get your guy most of the time! Draft picks are money to me and I love to use them when I can, this would be one of them. Draft picks are important to a lot of guys but not me because if you do your homework you can pick up great players in later rounds. Most of the 1st round picks last year were wasted anyway so I prefer to trade them to get guys I know will produce knowing it's a gamble on Rookies!

Heheh, and I'm that guy that is usually on the other end of such trades...   Dont' mind downgrading a bit to acquire rookie picks as I fancy myself a pretty good draft-er...  :)
    NON-PPR, 6pt TD Pass, Return Yards Count, Start 1-3 RBs
    QB - Brees, RG III, Cousins
    RB - Charles, L Bell, Z Stacy
    WR - Marshall, J Nelson, Randle, R Cooper, Hopkins, Harvin, D Rogers, G Whalen
    TE - J Cook, J Thomas, K Rudolph, T Gonzalez
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
  • SwampiesSwampies January 10
    Payton34 said:

Swampies said:

Heheh, and I'm that guy that is usually on the other end of such trades...   Dont' mind downgrading a bit to acquire rookie picks as I fancy myself a pretty good draft-er...  :)

Just remember this, that I'm only talking about one player like Julio that you really want to acquire other than that I wouldn't give up that much by throwing in the kitchen sink to get a player other than a Julio or AJG or even Calvin!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
Add a Comment