Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson January 10
  • chaindog35 January 12
  • donvaughn January 10
  • emurrell17 January 14
  • FarFromHome January 14
  • fontaines January 14
  • haimez40 January 10
  • Payton34 January 14
  • wh0urdady January 14
  • whansen1202 January 12
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie January 14
  • Wutthecrapman January 14
  • zeeshan2 January 12
  • zildjian January 12

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12265
  • bddavidson 11802
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9885
  • BuckysGT 7580
  • LukeB5301 7232
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6632
  • TBL 4531
  • fontaines 4163
  • branch0095 4110

Who's Online (7)

• bddavidson 9:59AM
  • BostonBrowns 10:00AM
  • draftcalc 9:59AM
  • Dynomite 10:00AM
  • wh0urdady 9:58AM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 9:58AM
  • Zep 10:00AM
Homepage | Playoff Rankings | Playoff Bracket | Forums | DC Subscription - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
FarFromHome's 2014 buy low rb of the year
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 10

last year my 2013 buy low rb was mr ryan Mathews...search the threads...I was nearly alone and defended the small little island bravely....it just seemed that the talent was there but more importantly his PRICE was sooooooooooooo cheap....I was scooping him up everywhere I went and laughed at by a few for doing so....the verdict?...over 1400 yards and 7 tds....not great...but very solid

it got me thinking about who next year's ryan Mathews is gonna be for me....dug around the league....dug around fantasy football threads gaging a bunch of player's values and players I can have for very little risk that I am convinced with out produce ADP by a lot....I concluded that my 2014 buy low rb of the year for next year is...DARREN MCFADDEN....he is the guy you need to scoop up...some will laugh...some will jeer....some will begin to explain why it cant happen....he can be had for dirt cheap right...he is moving on to another team....he is young...he has low mileage...he is still a very talented player...1500 yards and 8 tds...book it

this will now become the Darren McFadden thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • donvaughndonvaughn January 10
    No one has ever doubted his upside. He can be a top 5RB, but he's never played more than 13 games in any of his first 6 seasons. That's a big sample size. Those low miles are due to nagging injuries. What good are low mile tires if they get a flat every year? And he just had his contract year. No need to produce unless he gets a huge incentive based contract. Plus he'll be 27, not exactly a spring chicken. Of course if the price is right he could pay off big time. I hate him as an RB2, but feel a lot better as an RB3/Flex. I got a feeling you'll be on an island again this year, but I admire the bold prediction and I'll give credit if it happens!
    I should name a few since I criticized. Guys I think that who can have big bounce back campaigns and could fall in drafts- martin, trich, rice, spiller, miller, wilson, vereen. I'd rather spend picks on younger upside guys in DMC's territory- depending on landing situations like Ellington, Joique bell. elite handcuffs or rookies. Great call on Matthews btw
  • fontaines January 10
    I'm.not even sure dmac can fetch a 2nd round rookie pick at this point, so he's absolutely a great guy to target especially before he moves on to a new team
    DC Nation Forum Moderator

fontaines said:

I'm.not even sure dmac can fetch a 2nd round rookie pick at this point, so he's absolutely a great guy to target especially before he moves on to a new team

Great point. I was thinking in terms of redraft only. My bad. Good guy to target in a trade for dynasty
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman January 10
    FFH, I think I just vomited in my mouth a little. I owned this guy at least once every year he came into this league. He's only disappointed me. If he can replace a Chris Johnson down in Tennessee he may have a chance to thrive. Since you proved me wrong on Mathews I can't knock you for this next choice, but I'm not saying I like it either! lol

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
  • Payton34Payton34 January 10
    Ray Rice is another to go after HARD if you have any faith that he'll bounce back...
    NON-PPR, 6pt TD Pass, Return Yards Count, Start 1-3 RBs
    QB - Brees, RG III, Cousins
    RB - Charles, L Bell, Z Stacy
    WR - Marshall, J Nelson, Randle, R Cooper, Hopkins, Harvin, D Rogers, G Whalen
    TE - J Cook, J Thomas, K Rudolph, T Gonzalez
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
  • fontaines January 10
    donvaughn said:

fontaines said:

Great point. I was thinking in terms of redraft only. My bad. Good guy to target in a trade for dynasty

Redraft???!!  What's a redraft?  

:D
  • fontaines January 10
    Wutthecrapman said:

FFH, I think I just vomited in my mouth a little. I owned this guy at least once every year he came into this league. He's only disappointed me. If he can replace a Chris Johnson down in Tennessee he may have a chance to thrive. Since you proved me wrong on Mathews I can't knock you for this next choice, but I'm not saying I like it either! lol

Fully agree with you here WTCM, but i think for a 2nd I'd take him.  Definitely not a first though
  • bddavidsonbddavidson January 10
    i agree with FFH buy low boys...
    DC Nation Moderator
  • haimez40 January 10
    McFadden is going to end up in a better spot.  Should be interesting.

I also agree with above that Ray Rice value will drop due to split carry rumors and will be a great value.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 January 12
    Ughhh not Dmac again. I know he's not going to stay in Oakland. Hmmm therefore, the buy low RB should be latavious Murray or Rashad Jennings right? :p

Really depends on where he lands and how that team uses him.
  • chaindog35chaindog35 January 12
    I have no faith in Dmac, but you make some good points FFH. I think the key is what price you pay. If you could get him for a 3rd rd rookie pick in a dynasty or take him in the 10th rd in a redraft, I think it's worth it. I just doubt Dmac will come that cheaply, at least in dynasty. I'm gonna try it now though. Worth a shot.
  • whansen1202whansen1202 January 12

This is slightly intriguing...

The Contra Costa Times' Steve Corkran believes free agent Darren McFadden is "destined" to sign with the Bengals.
    McFadden turned in career-best numbers under new Bengals OC Hue Jackson in Oakland, and the Bengals may search for an offseason upgrade on BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who is owed $2.5 million in salary and bonuses. Spending on free agents isn't Cincinnati's style under penny-pinching owner Mike Brown, however. McFadden would likely have to settle for a cheap contract to reunite with Hue. Jan 10 - 4:47 PM
  • chaindog35chaindog35 January 12
    I doubt he signs with the Bengals. They are so cheap. His market would have to be bad
  • zildjianzildjian January 12
    Logically Dmac is a good call, but burn me five times....lol

I think Tate could end up in a lot of places that would allow him to have a Michael Turner type impact (talking when Turner first got to Atlanta, not the old slow one years later)
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 12
    i agree with the bengals being cheap and wont overspend for a rb....but at this point what is the actual real life market value of McFadden?....could he get mendenhall money?....maybe....keep in mind that im on board McFadden this upcoming year more so for his current value and cost to acquire him over what I perceive his fantasy production to actually be....that's the best part for people this year...if he does flop....again...we don't lose much....but if he starts to click we hit home runs...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • Payton34Payton34 January 12
    With Michael Bush on the outs, I like to see the Bears take a crack at signing McFadden....
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
  • emurrell17 January 13
    Payton34 said:

With Michael Bush on the outs, I like to see the Bears take a crack at signing McFadden....

So forte won't be a top 5 back anymore? How hateful!
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • fontaines January 14
    emurrell17 said:

Payton34 said:

So forte won't be a top 5 back anymore? How hateful!

Forte can handle the load and plays almost every down.  There's no point in the bears signing DMAC unless they get him for a minimum.  I think they'll just grab someone in the draft in the 6th and use him.  
  • Payton34Payton34 January 14
    I'm speaking as a Bear's Fan here. Not as a, "What would that do to Forte's fantasy value?" guy....

Michael Bush has been relatively useless and we could use RB help. Not really a debatable fact..... Sorry.
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
12›
Add a Comment