Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 5
  • branch0095 February 4
  • chaindog35 January 28
  • donvaughn February 5
  • emurrell17 February 5
  • FarFromHome February 5
  • hawk12 January 17
  • Jalane53 January 28
  • JRMRRT February 5
  • Linebacker January 16
  • TBL January 16
  • TexasBornCowboysFan January 17
  • TheHuddle February 5
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie January 28
  • zeeshan2 January 17

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12479
  • bddavidson 12041
  • JRMRRT 10970
  • Wutthecrapman 9966
  • BuckysGT 7628
  • LukeB5301 7347
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6906
  • TBL 4639
  • fontaines 4353
  • branch0095 4226

Who's Online (7)

• ArtyS 9:22PM
  • bmxholden1 9:23PM
  • chaindog35 9:23PM
  • Dcaster 9:23PM
  • dunlap13 9:22PM
  • Dynomite 9:23PM
  • greatprodigy 9:21PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
We never talk Larry Fitzgerald
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 16
    With Arians downfield throwing history and the addition of Carson Palmer I think people were expecting more....but...he scored ten times....dude is only 30...what are we expecting in 2014 out of the hall of famer to be?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie January 16
    I'm expecting about the same as 2013.  No reason to think he'll do better or worse.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Linebacker January 16
    Not sure how legit the trade rumors were before the deadline, but he could be on a new team in 2014

According to the Arizona Republic, Larry Fitzgerald is not open to a pay cut.

Fitzgerald is owed $12.7 million in 2014 and is set to count $18 million against the salary cap. The Cardinals are expected to engage their future Hall of Famer in restructuring negotiations shortly, but things could get hairy if Fitzgerald takes a hard line. We'll have to see if the Cardinals feel converting salary into a bonus paid over the next few years will be enough. Earlier this year, there were whispers that the Cardinals could try to trade Fitzgerald during the offseason. Jan 1 - 12:45 PM

• FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 16
    the problem is that who in the heck is gonna take on ANY wr at the cost of 18 million?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • TBLTBL January 16
    FarFromHome said:

the problem is that who in the heck is gonna take on ANY wr at the cost of 18 million?

Oakland...
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 January 17
    TBL said:

FarFromHome said:

Oakland...

Cleveland..just because their ownership is dumb
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie January 17
    TBL said:

FarFromHome said:

Oakland...

LOL..... that would be going backwards for Fitz.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan January 17
    Vikings are the team Fitz grew up rooting for.
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• hawk12hawk12 January 17
    ^ rooting for, he was a ball boy for the Vikes.... I bet he would take a pay cut to go there, IF they draft/aquire a decent QB.  Shame his career has had terrible QB (except for a few years with Warner), because he is probably the best WR in the game outside of Calvin IMO
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie January 17
    TexasBornCowboysFan said:

He'll just end up in Seattle if that were to happen.   >:)
    DC Nation Moderator
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 17
    in the end it is about money....but in the end larry fitzgerald is only 30 and has been the face of that franchise for YEARS....I just don't see him going anywhere...that  uneasy fanbase would revolt....so I look at it this way....year two in arians offense....year two with carson palmer....another year of Michael Floyd's improvement to draw coverage...I also see the cardinals taking a shot at drafting a qb in the 1st or 2nd round....larry might have the best hands in the league...might have the best leaping and catching ability in the league....he is in the top half in the league in route running....already a sure fire hall of famer...sure at 30 he might have lost a little separation....but im feeling a return to top 5 for him....im on record as saying he rolls for 1400 and 11 tds next year....call it a gut call

• TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan January 17
    Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

TexasBornCowboysFan said:

He'll just end up in Seattle if that were to happen.   >:)

=))

So true
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 28

According to an "individual" CSN New England's Tom Curran believes "without reservation," the Patriots were interested in acquiring Larry Fitzgerald last offseason.

Curran is being extremely careful with his phrasing, but it's notable nonetheless. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported in October that moving Fitzgerald would be "in play" for the Cardinals this offseason. It's hard to imagine a better fit than the Patriots, who have a desperate need at receiver. Any potential move is greatly complicated by Fitzgerald's gargantuan $18 million salary-cap number, however. His play has also been on a slow, but steady nonetheless, downward slope. Few teams are more willing to make bold moves than Bill Belichick's Patriots, but acquiring Fitz wouldn't be easy.

• Jalane53Jalane53 January 28
    Fitz fantasy stock would go through the roof if he went to New England but I also thought the same thing about Danny Amendolla....
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 28
    the difference between larry and amendola is pretty simple....larry even at 30 is still an elite player from a talent perspective....amendola was a good player that went to elite place to play for and people were hoping for elite results...larry in new England would be HUGE

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie January 28
    Jalane53 said:

Fitz fantasy stock would go through the roof if he went to New England but I also thought the same thing about Danny Amendolla....

No comparison IMO.  Fitz has elite talent, even today.  Dola isn't even close to being elite IMO.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • branch0095 January 28
    Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

Jalane53 said:

No comparison IMO.  Fitz has elite talent, even today.  Dola isn't even close to being elite IMO.

This is a big reason I've held off on selling Fitz where I own him. I don't think his stock is going to drop much this offseason, so there's no real reason to rush on selling him. The speculation about Fitz being traded has been going on for most of the 2013 season. Chances are that he stays put, and so does his value. The potential value spike if he landed somewhere like NE would be huge. 

As someone mentioned, we saw the spike in Amendola's value when he signed with NE. Now granted it didn't pan out, but those that sold during the offseason turned a nice profit on him. Dynasty owners love the young WRs, so Fitz will never command top 5 WR prices ever again IMO. I could easily see his value climbing back up to where someone like Marshall is currently being valued though, and that would be a nice jump from where he is now.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • Jalane53Jalane53 January 28
    I feel like Fitz would be just a good sell high piece but ended up panning out like Danny Amendola with all the nagging injuries through out the season. I just remember when I had Fitz this season and I had to read the injury report every week to see if he would play or not. See the same thing happening for the next season.
  • chaindog35chaindog35 January 28
    branch0095 said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

Jalane53 said:

This is a big reason I've held off on selling Fitz where I own him. I don't think his stock is going to drop much this offseason, so there's no real reason to rush on selling him. The speculation about Fitz being traded has been going on for most of the 2013 season. Chances are that he stays put, and so does his value. The potential value spike if he landed somewhere like NE would be huge. 

As someone mentioned, we saw the spike in Amendola's value when he signed with NE. Now granted it didn't pan out, but those that sold during the offseason turned a nice profit on him. Dynasty owners love the young WRs, so Fitz will never command top 5 WR prices ever again IMO. I could easily see his value climbing back up to where someone like Marshall is currently being valued though, and that would be a nice jump from where he is now.

As a fellow Fitz owner, I'm in the same boat. Cone rookie draft time in August though, I'll be shopping him.
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 30

interesting that larry would finally say something literally a day after the new England thing surfaced....is this simply him screaming to other teams, "I'm willing to re structure if you trade for me!!!".....lol

Speaking Thursday, Cardinals president Michael Bidwill hinted Larry Fitzgerald has told the team he's willing to restructure his contract.

"We're excited he's going to work with us to help improve the team," Bidwill said. It's unclear if Bidwill is referring to talks that have already happened, or Fitz's Thursday comments that he's open to a restructure. "I understand at 30 years old there are things that need to change," Fitz said. "That’s part of football, that’s part of being an older veteran. ... I want to see this team do well." Although Fitz is open to a restructure — from which he would have little to lose — it's unclear if he's open to an actual pay cut.
    Source:

• FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 4

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Larry Fitzgerald's contract restructure converted $11.75 million of his $12.75 million base salary into a bonus, creating $9.4 million of cap space.

That means Fitzgerald will technically make only $1 million in 2014, but gets $11.75 million right now. The $11.75 million the Cardinals "saved" will be spread out in $2.35 million installments over the next five seasons. The move saves Arizona a ton of cash up front, but sends Fitz's 2015 cap number to an untenable $23.6 million. The Cardinals are going to have an extremely hard decision to make a year from now.
    Source:

So...I need some help from the nfl salary cap guys here....the cardinals just gave him 11.75 million right now and reduced his cap number to only 1 million for this upcoming season....does that mean if a team does indeed trade for him they only owe him that 1 million for this season?....it kicks up to 23 million in 2015 but then the team can cut him after this year....right?....wonder how much of that 2015 salary is guaranteed....he's basically gotten TWO signing bonuses now....I guess im just wondering if this restructure helps or hurts his chances of being traded....anyone?

123›
Add a Comment