Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• donvaughn January 22
  • jintsfan66 January 22
  • LukeB5301 January 23
  • slimkilla January 23
  • Smitty January 23
  • Swampies January 22
  • TexasBornCowboysFan January 22
  • Wutthecrapman January 23

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12364
  • bddavidson 11847
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9965
  • BuckysGT 7614
  • LukeB5301 7265
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6694
  • TBL 4564
  • fontaines 4257
  • branch0095 4157

Who's Online (4)

• ArtyS 5:48PM
  • ChazMichaelMichaels 5:46PM
  • Payton34 5:46PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 5:47PM
Homepage | DC Subscription | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Better Call Saul spinoff
  • SmittySmitty
    Anyone else pumped about this show on AMC? I hope it ties in a lot to the show, the website seems to!

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • donvaughndonvaughn January 22
    Cant wait! Saul was hilarious! The storyline is- The trials and tribulations of criminal lawyer, Saul Goodman, in the
    time leading up to establishing his strip-mall law office in
    Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm sure they'll pay homage to BB
  • TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan January 22
    Ehh, my expectations are not high. BB was just so awesome that I don't see this show coming close. I would like to know what became of Jesse.
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• SmittySmitty January 22
    TexasBornCowboysFan said:

Ehh, my expectations are not high. BB was just so awesome that I don't see this show coming close. I would like to know what became of Jesse.

Yeah, I can't wait for it, but I too don't have high expectations. I swear I could write a spinoff for a hit show and do it right, but too many times they don't take the right approach. For instance, these would be successful:

1) Spinoff following Jesse now as he heads down his own road, maybe his recent experiences has him turn into a monster criminal that has now no fear
    2) Create a show around Hank's rise to the beginning of the Breaking Bad show, but make it hardcore and crazy like.

Better Call Saul could work, I just don't think it will because it has the feel of the Kramer spinoff when they tried to create a Seinfeld spinoff. I hope we are wrong.
  • jintsfan66 January 22
    I am not optimistic that this works, All the great characters are gone and Although I loved Saul's character he didn't make the show. You have characters like Mike, Walter and Hank that are not going to be involved in the show. Cannot see how this works but here is to hoping I am wrong
    Team #1
    QB - Arod, Roethlisberger
    RB - AP, T rich, Spiller, Pierce, Moreno, L. Murray
    WR - Julio Jones, Cobb, A. Brown, Nicks, T. Smith, TY Hilton, Blackmon
    TE - Graham, Thomas
    D- SF
    K- Dawson
    Taxi: C. Patterson Michael

Starting Requirements: 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1 DEF 1 PPR

Same network, writer, and director. Feel should be the same as BB. I'm thinking it's just gonna be more comedic
  • Swampies January 22
    Smitty said:

TexasBornCowboysFan said:

Yeah, I can't wait for it, but I too don't have high expectations. I swear I could write a spinoff for a hit show and do it right, but too many times they don't take the right approach. For instance, these would be successful:

1) Spinoff following Jesse now as he heads down his own road, maybe his recent experiences has him turn into a monster criminal that has now no fear
    2) Create a show around Hank's rise to the beginning of the Breaking Bad show, but make it hardcore and crazy like.

Better Call Saul could work, I just don't think it will because it has the feel of the Kramer spinoff when they tried to create a Seinfeld spinoff. I hope we are wrong.

Is Vince Gilligan the writer and Producer again?

I agree that I would love to see what happens with Walt's son Flynn 18th birthday party when he gets the money and I would think it would be ironic if he became a meth user after all this!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    In April 2013, it was announced that a spin-off series focusing on Saul was being developed by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and writer Peter Gould; the latter wrote the episode that introduced the character.[3]
    Gilligan had considered it in a July 2012 interview: "I like the idea
    of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to
    stay out of a court of law. He'll settle on the courthouse steps,
    whatever it takes to stay out of the courtroom. That would be fun—I
    would like that.
  • slimkilla January 22
    apparently jesse and walter white will make appearences, i read that on one site,prolly not often but i could see end of the first season 
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 January 22
    This show takes place before the strip mall office.. I don't see then playing homage to anyone as sal doesn't know any of then.. The only person that would make any sense is maybe Mike..

This show is taking place before BB
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
    Not paying homage to characters from Breaking Bad, but absolutely to the inside jokes of what we already know will happen
  • SmittySmitty January 22
    I wish someone would take Jesse or Walt Jr (as said above) and turn them into a product of their past experience with BB... make either become stone cold cooks. It would be a monster hit. It would be tough to pull off, but they would have to maybe replace the character and make him like 15 years older, but it would work IMO, especially if they had Jesse working with him, or against him, etc.
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman January 23
    Any spinoff is good with me. The dude was funny as heck. Plus I personally wouldn't mind a spinoff of the car wash guy. That dude looked like he had some good stories to tell.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • slimkilla January 23
    As for old characters, Gilligan said he expects to include several in the prequel series as well – at least in cameo roles. None of the Breaking Bad cast members are confirmed to be returning (besides Odenkirk), but Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have reportedly expressed interest, which makes the excitable Gilligan giddy at the prospect of seeing their characters before they broke bad,      copied and pasted from an interview with gilligan
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 January 23
    Well I guess I'm a dummy
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SmittySmitty January 23
    Hey it's worth a try! I can't wait.
  • slimkilla January 23
    lol not a dummy, u are part right they wont have a huge role at all,so prolly just a random appearance once  ablue moon,either way should be good
Add a Comment