Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• branch0095 January 25
  • Fighting_Amish January 24
  • fontaines January 26
  • hawk12 January 24
  • Kookaburra January 24
  • Swampies January 24
  • TD_Vulture January 25
  • TheHuddle January 24
  • wh0urdady January 24

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12479
  • bddavidson 12015
  • JRMRRT 10957
  • Wutthecrapman 9966
  • BuckysGT 7628
  • LukeB5301 7337
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6887
  • TBL 4639
  • fontaines 4343
  • branch0095 4217

Who's Online (7)

• emurrell17 10:17PM
  • Haggishntr 10:16PM
  • JRMRRT 10:18PM
  • ODB 10:15PM
  • Smitty 10:17PM
  • TBL 10:16PM
  • winonemore 10:16PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Andre Johnson
  • Kookaburra January 24
    I've been offered Andre Johnson for my first and second picks (7 & 19). It is PPR.  We can start 1-1 RBs, 2-4 WRs, and 1-2TEs. 
     My roster:
    QB- Rivers, Stafford, Cutler
    RB- CJohnson, MJD, PThomas, Woodhead, Tolbert
    WR- Welker, Wayne, Steve Smith, Royal, Gibson, Washington
    TE- Walker, Daniels, Carlson

Is this too much to pay, considering the depth of the draft class this year?
  • Kookaburra January 24
    That should read 1-2 RB starters.
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle January 24
    What r your other picks? I would say with your already aging wr's I would pass & get some youth. Depends on your other picks or if u can trade any of Welker, ssmith or Wayne.
    No way. Your team should rebuilding right now. You should be selling your older players for picks, not buying older players for picks. Blow it up!
  • wh0urdady January 24
    LOL, I have been offered my 1.9 for AJ, and I just can't bring myself to do it.  He was really looking his age to start the year, but finished nicely.  Still with the qb situation, its a pass for me
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
    wh0urdady said:

LOL, I have been offered my 1.9 for AJ, and I just can't bring myself to do it.  He was really looking his age to start the year, but finished nicely.  Still with the qb situation, its a pass for me

I was thinking about offering AJ for the 1.09, but I think I already know the answer. The response will ultimately have the number 32 or 33 in it.  
  • wh0urdady January 24
    Fighting_Amish said:

wh0urdady said:

I was thinking about offering AJ for the 1.09, but I think I already know the answer. The response will ultimately have the number 32 or 33 in it.  

You might can find someone to take it, I just can't do it with his age.
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
  • SwampiesSwampies January 24
    If you were asking this heading into the playoffs then I'm sure you'd be getting different answers on this one but the season is over so don't waste your pick on aj and look to go younger at WR.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • hawk12hawk12 January 24

agree based on situation - your entire team is agin or already very old, Steve Smith, Wayne, MJD to be specific.  You should be selling those guys for whatever you can to contenders and taking picks....

If you were a contender and one more WR would help to put you in a great spot to compete, then my answer would be different.  Sell your old guys now before your team is all retired and you really stink in two years!!!

• TD_Vulture January 25
    I agree with everyone else. With your team you need to get younger. 
  • branch0095 January 25
    Not a chance I would sell AJ for the 1.09 in the league I own him in. Age or not, consistent 100catch WRs don't grow on trees. At the same time, I wouldn't give the 1.09 for AJ either. This is where the impasse is, and why someone like AJ probably won't be traded much during the offseason. Most have to wait until production is important again.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • fontainesfontaines January 26
    Your team is old enough that you need to consider rebuilding. You really only have 1 solid dynasty player.

That said, I can see an argument in grabbing AJ and hoping he lets you compete one last time. But I look at your roster and it looks like you trade your firsts every year. It's time to start building through the draft. Your team will be nothing in 1-2 years if you don't start planning on the future
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
Add a Comment