Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• dunlap13 January 27
  • Go With What You Got!!!! January 28
  • haimez40 January 27
  • hawk12 January 28
  • Linebacker January 27
  • ravenlunatics January 28
  • Swampies January 28
  • TheHuddle January 28
  • wh0urdady January 28
  • winonemore January 27
  • zeeshan2 January 30

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12479
  • bddavidson 12015
  • JRMRRT 10957
  • Wutthecrapman 9966
  • BuckysGT 7628
  • LukeB5301 7337
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6887
  • TBL 4639
  • fontaines 4343
  • branch0095 4217

Who's Online (6)

• emurrell17 10:17PM
  • Haggishntr 10:16PM
  • JRMRRT 10:18PM
  • Smitty 10:17PM
  • TBL 10:16PM
  • winonemore 10:16PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Kubiak means what to rice ?
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! January 27
    Will the hiring help rice or pierce or both
    Or will it hurt one or more ?

I'm felling a big bounce back and rb2 numbers for pierce as they will dial up the power running .....
  • winonemorewinonemore January 27
    I'm curious to see what people think.  I don't know if Baltimore was running a ZBS or a power scheme.  They definitely will be running a ZBS now but I don't know how Rice and Pierce fit into that.  I think they had a power scheme but I'm not sure.  If that is the case the results might not be good (both McFadden and MJD failed miserably when they switched from power to ZBS).
    12 Team Dynasty
    QB (1): Newton, Bradford (IR)
    RB (2-3): L. Bell, Lacy, Vereen, L. Miller, J. Bell, Michael, Helu, Starks
    WR (2-4): Julio, Dez, Marshall, Randle, Thompkins, A. Holmes, Streater, Alexander (IR)
    TE (1-2): Gronk, Graham, Reed
    No picks in first 3 rounds
  • wh0urdady January 27
    winonemore said:

I'm curious to see what people think.  I don't know if Baltimore was running a ZBS or a power scheme.  They definitely will be running a ZBS now but I don't know how Rice and Pierce fit into that.  I think they had a power scheme but I'm not sure.  If that is the case the results might not be good (both McFadden and MJD failed miserably when they switched from power to ZBS).

believe I read they switched to ZBS last year, maybe this is what hurt their value?
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
  • winonemorewinonemore January 27
    wh0urdady said:

winonemore said:

believe I read they switched to ZBS last year, maybe this is what hurt their value?

That's entirely possible.  It's not an easy switch to make.  You need lighter/athletic linemen who can move as well as a very patient runner.  If they do/did switch I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted an RB to fit that scheme.  
    12 Team Dynasty
    QB (1): Newton, Bradford (IR)
    RB (2-3): L. Bell, Lacy, Vereen, L. Miller, J. Bell, Michael, Helu, Starks
    WR (2-4): Julio, Dez, Marshall, Randle, Thompkins, A. Holmes, Streater, Alexander (IR)
    TE (1-2): Gronk, Graham, Reed
    No picks in first 3 rounds
  • dunlap13dunlap13 January 27
    I saw a lot of power personally. I never saw them committ to just one though.
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • haimez40 January 27
    I think Pierce slowly takes over.  Not writing off Rice yet, but Pierce will excel in zone blocking.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! January 27
    I owned pierce traded r randle to get r rice as a cuff so to speak and a couple league members laughed at it I'm great with the move myself ...

That's What makes it fun !!!!!!
  • haimez40 January 27
    Noahblum said:

I owned pierce traded r randle to get r rice as a cuff so to speak and a couple league members laughed at it I'm great with the move myself ...

That's What makes it fun !!!!!!

I don't mind that considering the situation, not at all.  Outside trading for a handcuff, its the Giants.LOL
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • Linebacker January 27
    Someone to keep an eye on....Cierre Wood

He was built to run in ZB scheme

The Ravens signed him to a future contract, He's most likely free right now
  • SwampiesSwampies January 27
    Linebacker said:

Someone to keep an eye on....Cierre Wood

He was built to run in ZB scheme

The Ravens signed him to a future contract, He's most likely free right now

FYI Cierre wood is a FA because the NFL disapproved his contract with the Raven so he never was signed by the Raven.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • Linebacker January 27
    They resigned him after that
  • Linebacker January 27
  • SwampiesSwampies January 28
    Linebacker said:

ah you backed it up very nice I did not know this!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • hawk12hawk12 January 28

I own all 3 in one dyansty league - I will have the Ravens sgtarting RB, and back up(s) - and I'm excited for that.  It was why I traded for Pierce last off-season.  Cierre I drafted & he fell to Balt, after I thought he would stay with N.E.

I like Rice quite a bit, but Baltimore needs to draft 1+ O-line and work on the system well this off-season.  Still have faith in Rice to be a top 10 RB

• Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! January 28
    Ouch
  • wh0urdady January 28
    and Kubiak has seen Wood play as he was a Texan, the plot thickens
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle January 28
    Its RIce's job.  Im buying if I can get him @ right price.

I think Kubiak will help Flacco too.  
  • ravenlunaticsravenlunatics January 28
    Good all the way around.

Rice is a bounceback candidate. Pierce is a breakout candidate. All rest on if they can get the right OL. Luckily most of the OL is out of contract so they can pick and choose.
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 January 30
    More carries but Rice looked done last year. Also Kubiak will drive u crazy with his play calling such as doing a draw play on 3rd and 10
Add a Comment