Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson January 29
  • branch0095 January 28
  • draftyinhere January 29
  • emurrell17 January 29
  • k0wned January 28
  • rabidbucfan January 29
  • ravenlunatics January 28
  • Smitty January 29
  • wh0urdady January 29

Tagged

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12419
  • bddavidson 11884
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9965
  • BuckysGT 7620
  • LukeB5301 7302
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6807
  • TBL 4591
  • fontaines 4294
  • branch0095 4176

Who's Online (5)

• badboys2 10:32AM
  • bmxholden1 10:33AM
  • BostonBrowns 10:32AM
  • chuckeycharles 10:30AM
  • SweetLew 10:32AM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Rookie WR Analysis is up!!!!!!
  • SmittySmitty
    https://draftcalc.com/fantasy-football-content/articles/2014-rookies-wide-receivers-draft-analysis/
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com

FEB is Zombie Month on DC | Get your Zombie Avatar at the SKETCHSTORE!

• emurrell17 January 28
    Fantastic article as usual.
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere January 28
    #2 is really growing on me. Great hands, burners, love the attitude. Carolina seems like a perfect fit for both sides. Make an impact right away, Smith's numbers would likely get better with another legitimate threat, then this guy could eventually fill Smith's role.
    Dynasty PPR, 2QB IDP, Kick Return Yardage Points
    QB: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill, Manuel, Glennon, Keenum
    RB: Gio, L. Bell, CJ2K, L. Miller, P. Thomas, Ellington, Lattimore, L. Murray
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
    TE: Witten, Reed, Cook, Ertz, Kelce
    K: Gostkowski
    DE/DT: Wake, Ware, M. Williams
    LB: D. Johnson, Mayo, Cushing, Timmons
    DB: Honey Badger, Ward, M. Wright, Vaccaro
  • emurrell17 January 28
    I agree. I've thought that for months! They need a slot and a big guy though
    Bold Predictions:
  • SmittySmitty January 28
    emurrell17 said:

Fantastic article as usual.

@emurrell17 Thanks man.

draftyinhere said:

#2 is really growing on me. Great hands, burners, love the attitude. Carolina seems like a perfect fit for both sides. Make an impact right away, Smith's numbers would likely get better with another legitimate threat, then this guy could eventually fill Smith's role.

Yeah, I like him a ton. Agreed on the Steve Smith improving stepping into the No. 2 role, of course they'd probably share it for half a season while the rook transitioned, but it's a great spot. I just hope #2 doesn't get drafted by Detroit, or Dallas, or San Diego, etc. The last thing we need is him to be forced to be a No.2 for the long term.

• emurrell17 January 28
    that's the thing I like about #2 right now^^ where he seems most likely to be drafted is at the bottom of the 1st- which is where a lot of wr needy teams are. (CAR, KC, NE) so I think/ hope he'll be thrown into one of those situations. You'd think for KC, Alex smith would love to have an underneath weapon to just toss short passes to with a chance to take them the distance. KC probably makes the second most sense IMO. NE is a good fit for #6
    Bold Predictions:
    I modified Watkins' write up to reflect his 2012 down year brought up via @swampies

• bddavidsonbddavidson January 28
    # 5 could surprise as K allen did this year.
    DC Nation Moderator
    bddavidson said:

Yep! 1-6 are all capable!!

• bddavidsonbddavidson January 28
    Smitty said:

bddavidson said:

Yep! 1-6 are all capable!!

i just hope everyone keeps overlooking this kid..and he runs a 4.7 at the combine lol..and i can grab him in the 2nd like i did allen ..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere January 28
    bddavidson said:

Yes
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
  • k0wnedk0wned January 28
    I like #2, but I prefer Beckham.
  • branch0095 January 28
    draftyinhere said:

This for me as well. In early fantasy mocks, I've seen him being taken in the mid 2nd all the way down to the early 3rd. If this trend continues, he could be the WR steal of the year compared to where he was drafted. Like Allen or TWill was later in the draft in 2013.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • ravenlunaticsravenlunatics January 28
    Love this class of WRs. Almost like RBs this year with the importance of landing spot as they are all special in different ways.
    branch0095 said:

draftyinhere said:

This for me as well. In early fantasy mocks, I've seen him being taken in the mid 2nd all the way down to the early 3rd. If this trend continues, he could be the WR steal of the year compared to where he was drafted. Like Allen or TWill was later in the draft in 2013.

@branch0095 The good news is yes, in early drafts he is a steal,  but the bad news is he won't be later if he has great workouts and combine. If he doesn't, then it's up to luck in terms of him landing in a place that will start him. I don't see how a team overlooks him honestly, but drafts are strange. My guess is he impresses. Shocking he isn't hyped much right now given his stats. That's what DC is here for and that's what all you on the forums are here for... to point it all out.

ravenlunatics said:

Love this class of WRs. Almost like RBs this year with the importance of landing spot as they are all special in different ways.

Yeah, this class of WRs is strong. But, as I always say, no one should trade the 1.01 or 1.02 or even 1.03 until the landing spots get handed out. The values of those picks go up a ton once you start attaching names to those picks.

Last year's running back class was called week, and what did people do? They traded the 1.01 for nothing. I remember see a ton of those posts on this very forum. Lacy, Gio, Stacy and Ball and maybe Bell soon enough... that class turned out ok, did it not? 

• rabidbucfanrabidbucfan January 29
    Great info Smitty thanks.
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. -Dalai Lama

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • wh0urdady January 29

Great stuff Smitty!!

Ok, Number 3, he makes the catch look effortless with nice hands
    and can catch in traffic. What also worries me is that the competition
    he played against, he still wasn’t getting separation in any of the
    catches from what I could see. That worries me a little bit.

Number 6 on the other hand, seems like he can get separation, can be
    hard to bring down, and can also go up and get the ball in traffic.

QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
  • emurrell17 January 29
    wh0urdady said:

Great stuff Smitty!!

Ok, Number 3, he makes the catch look effortless with nice hands
    and can catch in traffic. What also worries me is that the competition
    he played against, he still wasn’t getting separation in any of the
    catches from what I could see. That worries me a little bit.

Number 6 on the other hand, seems like he can get separation, can be
    hard to bring down, and can also go up and get the ball in traffic.

Agreed. #6 has the highest ceiling I think. He isn't my favorite in this class, but I think he could be a monster at any one of Carolina, NE (if he slips into the second I think that's a real possibility), Detroit in the 2nd...now that's scary. See, that's why I don't buy that Detroit has a 1st round need at wr..look at what they can get in round 2!
    Bold Predictions:
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere January 29
    I think I've read all of the write-ups and watched the videos several times now. How am I supposed to wait until May for the draft?! I need another hobby to fill my time.

It doesn't help that I have the first two picks in the rookie draft, which isn't until August. I might just go crazy between now and then. 8-}
  • SmittySmitty January 29
    draftyinhere said:

I think I've read all of the write-ups and watched the videos several times now. How am I supposed to wait until May for the draft?! I need another hobby to fill my time.

It doesn't help that I have the first two picks in the rookie draft, which isn't until August. I might just go crazy between now and then. 8-}

First two picks... nice.

• draftyinheredraftyinhere January 29
    Smitty said:

draftyinhere said:

First two picks... nice.

It is pretty nice. Got the 1.02 in an early season trade (I'm sure he didn't think he would be bad enough to give up the 1.02). Also have the 1.09 (1.01, 1.02, 1.09). It's 7 months away but I'm already giving it some thought: it's a 2 QB league, so do I grab Watkins and the highest rated QB, or grab two WR's since we start 4 and I could use depth there, or best RB and best WR...yep, way too early for all that thought, especially with no draft or combine yet, but I can't help it. 
Add a Comment