Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bmxholden1 January 31
  • draftyinhere January 31
  • EverydownBack February 4
  • fontaines January 31
  • Linebacker February 4
  • rabidbucfan January 30
  • Smitty January 30
  • TBL January 29
  • wh0urdady February 4

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12760
  • bddavidson 12353
  • JRMRRT 11578
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7820
  • LukeB5301 7685
  • Smitty 7306
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4760
  • fontaines 4613
  • branch0095 4502

Who's Online (13)

• branch0095 7:15PM
  • BuckysGT 7:16PM
  • donvaughn 7:17PM
  • hoyasaxa 7:15PM
  • madness741 7:16PM
  • meast 7:14PM
  • SMFFCN 7:16PM
  • Smitty 7:15PM
  • SweetLew 7:15PM
  • TheHuddle 7:17PM
  • tmoney 7:16PM
  • tone1oc 7:16PM
  • vincentjmack 7:14PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
2014 FA RB's
  • Linebacker
    Who goes where? Rumors? or better, Where would you like them to end up?

If CJ?K gets cut, he will be on this list also

Running Backs

1. Ben Tate ( rumored Cleveland or gut says NYG)
    2. Rashad Jennings (resigned by Raiders)
    3. Darren McFadden (rumored Cincy)
    4. Andre Brown
    5. Knowshon Moreno
    6. Maurice Jones-Drew
    7. Rashard Mendenhall
    8. Donald Brown
    9. Ahmad Bradshaw
    10. James Starks (rumored NYG)
    11. LeGarrette Blount (rumored Miami)
    12. Anthony Dixon
    13. Toby Gerhart
    14. La'Rod Stephens-Howling
    15. Jonathan Dwyer
    16. Peyton Hillis
    17. Bernard Scott
    18. Brian Leonard
    19. Jackie Battle
    20. Felix Jones
    21. Ronnie Brown
    22. Willis McGahee
    23. Kahlil Bell
    24. Deji Karim
    25. Leon Washington
  • TBLTBL January 29
    I say MJD, Moreno, Jennings and Brown stay put. Tate to CLE, Dmac to TEN, and tge rest will find a spot working the back end of a committee.
  • Linebacker January 29
    Knowshon Moreno - RB - Broncos

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Broncos aren't expected to be able to re-sign impending free agent Knowshon Moreno.
    It sounds like the Broncos don't believe they'll be able to afford Moreno. Denver currently has just over $122 million committed to the projected $126 million salary cap for 2014. Moreno is coming off a career year in which he rushed for 1,038 yards and ten touchdowns, while averaging 4.3 YPC. He also caught 60 balls for 548 yards and three additional scores. Moreno wasn't much of a player before Peyton Manning got to town, as he had been relegated to scout team at one point. He's been able to run against soft fronts due to the Broncos' lethal aerial attack. Moreno is a prime candidate to be vastly overpaid this offseason.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jan 29 - 1:09 PM
  • SmittySmitty
    Hopefully I was just a big 365 days early on Montee Ball. If he starts next year, watch out. Those top 5-10RB numbers will finally show up :)
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • rabidbucfan January 30
    Nice list linebacker. Ball is being trusted more and more. If Beown could stay healthy he'd be a steal for some team.
    Civilized nations build libraries; lands that have lost their soul close them down. - Toby Forward

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • fontaines January 31
    Yeah I'm not sure Denver will re-sign Moreno with Ball coming along, unless Ball messes up in the SB lol or Moreno goes for 150 yards and wins MVP.  Lets keep in mind that Moreno's rookie contract was only 16 mil, so he absolutely has to take a max deal somewhere.Though i read that there's a team option for 2014 for 5 mil.  Wouldn't the Bronco's just pick that up?
    DC Nation Forum Moderator

• Linebacker January 31

I found this regarding Moreno

Andrew Mason, who is one of the best journalists out there and covers the Broncos in Denver independently on the team site, reported that he’s been informed running back Knowshon Moreno’s salary option for 2014 was voided (at some point or another) and he will be a free agent in 2014.

This is surprising because we’ve been led to believe for the longest time that Moreno’s contract was a club option in 2014 at a very cheap price (around $1.4M), but now it appears as though at some point along the way, the team and Moreno voided that final year and now he will be able to hit the free agent market this offseason

• bmxholden1bmxholden1 January 31
    Smitty, I've been the biggest detractor on Ball, but I must admit, you may get sweet justice next year. He has shown improvement, he is a tough runner, and in that offense, he doesn't need to be great, just tough and consistent. And what is he best at? Goal line running, nose for the end zone, a perfect fit for a pass heavy offense. Acquiring Ball this offseason if you can catch another owner sleeping may turn out to be pure gold come next year, let's just say I've moved from non-believer to very very intrigued!
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere January 31
    Yep, Ball was looking pretty good with his opportunities. He said it took a while to learn the play book but he's got it down now. I believe it.
    Dynasty PPR, 2QB IDP, Return Yardage
    QB: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill, Manuel, Glennon, Keenum
    RB: Gio, L. Bell, CJ2K, L. Miller, P. Thomas, Ellington, Lattimore, L. Murray
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
    TE: Witten, Reed, Cook, Ertz, Kelce
    K: Gostkowski
    DE/DT: Wake, Ware, M. Williams
    LB: D. Johnson, Mayo, Cushing, Timmons
    DB: Honey Badger, Ward, M. Wright, Vaccaro
  • EverydownBackEverydownBack February 4
    Tate and DMC are the most intriguing. MJD backs up Murray
  • wh0urdady February 4
    EverydownBack said:

Tate and DMC are the most intriguing. MJD backs up Murray

Tate and Moreno, IMO, not big on DMC
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
  • Linebacker February 4
    Any thoughts on Anthony Dixon? If given the opportunity, I think he could have some sleeper value

Browns GM Mike Lombardi was high on impending free agent Ben Tate when Tate came out of Auburn in 2010.

We have special insight into Lombardi's past thinking because he wrote for National Football Post before working at NFL Network, and eventually resurfacing in the NFL with Cleveland. Of Tate, Lombardi wrote "He has an ability to hit the hole with a burst and is a one-cut runner," going so far as to predict Tate would win 2010 Rookie of the Year. Lombardi also liked fellow free agent Anthony Dixon, whom he called a "good back ... who can run the power play effectively ... and has the ability to break tackles." The Browns need a running back. Jan 13 - 2:59 PM

Source: National Football Post
Add a Comment