Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 1
  • rabidbucfan February 2
  • Smitty February 3
  • Swampies February 3
  • TheHuddle February 2

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12661
  • bddavidson 12271
  • JRMRRT 11277
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7746
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7118
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4723
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4404

Who's Online (5)

• emurrell17 4:48AM
  • hawk12 4:46AM
  • JRMRRT 4:45AM
  • Troy_Polamalyourass 4:47AM
  • zildjian 4:46AM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Our High School's Marching Band will perform at half-time show on Superbowl Sunday
  • SwampiesSwampies
    Roxbury High School's Marching Band to perform at half-time show on Superbowl Sunday

ROXBURY TWP. -- The school district was informed Friday that the high school's award-winning Marching Band was one of five bands chosen by the show's producers to be featured in the halftime show performance.
    Just thought I share this because I think it's pretty cool my town's high school was one of the five chosen to play at half time.

The Roxbury Director of Bands is Todd Nichols.

"This is a tremendous honor for Roxbury to be represented at one of the world's most watched sporting events," read a statement issued by the K-12 district Friday afternoon.

Roxbury's instrumental music program was selected as the 2012 recipient of the Sudler Flag of Honor, an international award recognizing high school concert bands of outstanding musical excellence. In September 2013, Roxbury Township school district officially became a Interdistrict School Choice district for its prestigious visual and performing arts program.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • SmittySmitty January 31
    Pretty cool, Swamps!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 1
    congrats Swampie i be pushing out my chest as well!
    DC Nation Moderator
  • SwampiesSwampies February 2
    Ha I just had a thought! After looking at the ticket prices on stubhub for Superbowl tickets I think my best chances to go to the game would be to sneak on the Roxbury school bus with my sons flute. Lol has anybody looked at those prices? Unbelievable! But you coundn't ask for better weather than this here at 49 degrees lucky.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    K Steven Hauschka

• TheHuddleTheHuddle February 2
    Hopefully they don't steal Bruno's Thunder.....r they part of his performance?
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan February 2
    hope they have a great experience 
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. -Dalai Lama

DC Nation Forum Moderator
    TheHuddle said:

Hopefully they don't steal Bruno's Thunder.....r they part of his performance?

Great question! They haven't said anything to us. Guess will have to wait until 9 ish to find out!
    K Steven Hauschka

• SmittySmitty February 2
    How did it go?
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
    You tell me?
    You saw them right? Here is a little more info.
    Producers have enlisted some lucky New Jersey school marching bands from South Brunswick High School, Nutley, Bergenfield, Morris Knolls and Roxbury.
    “They won’t be used as traditional marching bands,” Kirshner said. “They are part of the light show. Our team that works with marching bands works with the Olympics and they’re used to recruiting those kids. It’s a whole operation just dealing with 500 marching bands kids. You have to feed them, bus them, move them, get them into rehearsals.”
    K Steven Hauschka

• SmittySmitty February 2
    Swampies said:

You tell me?
    Producers have enlisted some lucky New Jersey school marching bands from South Brunswick High School, Nutley, Bergenfield, Morris Knolls and Roxbury.
    “They won’t be used as traditional marching bands,” Kirshner said. “They are part of the light show. Our team that works with marching bands works with the Olympics and they’re used to recruiting those kids. It’s a whole operation just dealing with 500 marching bands kids. You have to feed them, bus them, move them, get them into rehearsals.”

I didn't see that part. Any chance there is video online of it, youtube?
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SwampiesSwampies February 3
    Smitty said:

Swampies said:

You tell me?

I didn't see that part. Any chance there is video online of it, youtube?

the guys holding the digital panels over there head are them!
    K Steven Hauschka

• SmittySmitty February 3
    @swampies man, the video was taken down already.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
Add a Comment