Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• BK19 February 1
  • branch0095 February 3
  • chaindog35 February 1
  • draftyinhere January 31
  • dunlap13 February 2
  • emurrell17 February 3
  • FarFromHome February 2
  • Fighting_Amish February 1
  • Flipper February 2
  • Go With What You Got!!!! February 1
  • hawk12 February 1
  • LukeB5301 February 2
  • Swampies February 1
  • TBL February 1
  • Wutthecrapman February 1

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12760
  • bddavidson 12353
  • JRMRRT 11576
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7819
  • LukeB5301 7684
  • Smitty 7306
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4760
  • fontaines 4613
  • branch0095 4501

Who's Online (17)

• branch0095 6:40PM
  • donvaughn 6:40PM
  • greatprodigy 6:39PM
  • hoyasaxa 6:41PM
  • Iceman 6:39PM
  • JREwing 6:38PM
  • JRMRRT 6:41PM
  • LukeB5301 6:40PM
  • meast 6:41PM
  • PDTDT 6:40PM
  • SMFFCN 6:39PM
  • TheHuddle 6:41PM
  • tmoney 6:38PM
  • tone1oc 6:38PM
  • vincentjmack 6:39PM
  • WeekEnd_Warriors 6:41PM
  • zeeshan2 6:41PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Lamar Miller worth?
  • branch0095 January 31
    ......the 1.10? I've seen Miller practically given away lately based on concerns of MIA bringing in another RB.

My team is kinda needy at RB (Vereen/Woodhead/Sproles and some stashes). I'm set at WR in this league with DT/Julio/Cobb, so I traded VJax for DaRick/1.10 in hopes of addressing my RBs with the pick. Is Miller worth a 1st at this point?
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • TBLTBL January 31
    I'd give up the 1.10 easily for Miller.
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere January 31
    I am hoping that his value will increase with Sherman gone, but to me it's just hope at this point. I personally couldn't value him that high. I wish I could.
    Dynasty PPR, 2QB IDP, Return Yardage
    QB: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill, Manuel, Glennon, Keenum
    RB: Gio, L. Bell, CJ2K, L. Miller, P. Thomas, Ellington, Lattimore, L. Murray
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
    TE: Witten, Reed, Cook, Ertz, Kelce
    K: Gostkowski
    DE/DT: Wake, Ware, M. Williams
    LB: D. Johnson, Mayo, Cushing, Timmons
    DB: Honey Badger, Ward, M. Wright, Vaccaro
  • branch0095 January 31
    TBL said:

I'd give up the 1.10 easily for Miller.

TBL, I know how you feel about Miller....Because of that, your vote doesn't count.  ;) Thanks for the response though.
    2013 predictions

• SwampiesSwampies January 31
    Some how people think that teams don't use more than one RB. And to worry about another RB coming in is silly as it is very common because teams need depth. The best thing that happen for Miller was having his OC fired given the chance for him to run like we know he can. I don't think Miller is worth a 1st at all but more a high 2nd or a low 3rd right now!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 31
    guess its about that time of year to start up the lamar hype....good thing about this year is that expectations should be within reason....this time last year people were screaming he's a solid 3rd round OVERALL pick in startups....I think the 1.10 is a fair risk to take on him....id do it
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • BK19BK19 February 1
    FarFromHome said:

guess its about that time of year to start up the lamar hype....good thing about this year is that expectations should be within reason....this time last year people were screaming he's a solid 3rd round OVERALL pick in startups....I think the 1.10 is a fair risk to take on him....id do it

I agree, I was just able to land him at 10.01 in a startup. I'm way more than willing to take a risk on him at his price now.
  • Fighting_Amish February 1
    I own Miller in my main league and am holding onto some hope, but if I was offered the 1.10, I would snatch it up pretty quickly. I'd keep your pick.
  • hawk12hawk12 February 1

1.10 rookie pick, yes please.  I'll take Miller for that, he couldn't possibly get a worse set of negative situational problems than last year... Could he? 

I mean horrible play calling, OC abandoning run in second half often (even in close games when it worked in the first half??) , O-line quitting and suspended, no team offensive philosophy going into the season - he does have talent, I just don't think he's been in a situation that it can be showcased yet.

• Wutthecrapman February 1
    Yeah he's worth the pick but he's a player I proceed with caution.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! February 1
    On a team that needed a rb he's worth to gamble, on a team that's solid at rb I'd keep the pick and get a rookie
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 1
    FarFromHome said:

He was no where near 3rd rd this time last year
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 1

luke...im sorry...I didn't actually mean EXACTLY todays date one year ago...I didn't mean feb 1, 2013....I kinda was referring to during the offseason...but...actually....on feb 22, 2013 on a website called draftcalc....they had him in the 3rd....hell...this site had lamar miller at pick 25 overall in MAY...so...actually....your wrong

https://draftcalc.com/fantasy-football-content/mock-drafts/2013-fantasy-football-mock-draft-redraft/

https://draftcalc.com/fantasy-football-content/mock-drafts/live-2013-fantasy-football-draft-dynasty/

:D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • chaindog35chaindog35 February 1
    Branch - I don't think I'd give the 1.10 for Miller right now. I would at least want to see what happens in the draft first. I've seen Sankey and other RBs mocked to Miami in the 3rd in some mock drafts. I wouldn't want to risk the 1.10 at this point. After the draft assuming no RBs go high to Miami, then I may be willing to consider it. This is a solid draft, so I would wait to see before making such a move.
  • TBLTBL February 1
    Keep the pick, Miller sucks...
  • chaindog35chaindog35 February 1
    TBL said:

I don't think anybody is saying Miller sucks, but we can't control what the dysfunctional Dolphins do. Talent isn't always enough, when the coaching staff doesn't give you opportunitues. If they had fired Philbin and brought in a legitimate GM and head coach, I'd be buying Miller at that price all day. With the current decision-making structure in Miami, they're competing with Cleveland for most poorly run franchise.
  • SwampiesSwampies February 1
    chaindog35 said:

TBL said:

I don't think anybody is saying Miller sucks, but we can't control what the dysfunctional Dolphins do. Talent isn't always enough, when the coaching staff doesn't give you opportunitues. If they had fired Philbin and brought in a legitimate GM and head coach, I'd be buying Miller at that price all day. With the current decision-making structure in Miami, they're competing with Cleveland for most poorly run franchise.

=D>
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • TBLTBL February 1
    chaindog35 said:

TBL said:

I was obviously just messin. Miller will be a top 5-10 RB if used properly in 2014. He is that good imo. I agree Miami's front office situation is/was a joke, but I think they can get it together. At the price of a pick 1.10, I think anyone would be I sane not to take that risk. Just do it Branch. You know you want to.
  • branch0095 February 1
    TBL said:

chaindog35 said:

TBL said:

I was obviously just messin. Miller will be a top 5-10 RB if used properly in 2014. He is that good imo. I agree Miami's front office situation is/was a joke, but I think they can get it together. At the price of a pick 1.10, I think anyone would be I sane not to take that risk. Just do it Branch. You know you want to.

LOL, Im not sure actually. I've always been lower on Miller than the vast majority of DC nation. I may wait until closer to draft time and get a better idea of who I could get an 1.10 and if Miami brings in a legitimate threat to Miller.
    2013 predictions

• Flipper February 2
    I think Miller will bounce back in a major way this year. Last year with a fool of an OC and a mediocre O-line missing two players he still averaged 4 yards per carry. That is more than Zac Stacy, Chris Johnson and Le'veon Bell. He was in a disastrous situation.

I think he ran well under terrible circumstances and wouldn't move him for the 1.10.

I would hold on to him or buy low assuming that the new OC and what has to be an improved line along with an improved offense helps him. 
  • dunlap13dunlap13 February 2
    I have the 1.10 and woukd gladly give that for miller.
    I also own miller and would no way give him up for that.
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
12›
Add a Comment