Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 5
  • bmxholden1 February 4
  • boobam13 February 4
  • branch0095 February 4
  • donvaughn February 2
  • emurrell17 February 4
  • fontaines February 2
  • Go With What You Got!!!! February 2
  • Iceman February 4
  • JRMRRT February 4
  • Reisssox February 2
  • Shmily February 4
  • Smitty February 2
  • Swampies February 2
  • TBL February 2
  • TheHuddle February 5
  • Troy_Polamalyourass February 2
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 5
  • zeeshan2 February 2

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12661
  • bddavidson 12271
  • JRMRRT 11277
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7746
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7118
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4723
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4404

Who's Online (5)

• emurrell17 4:48AM
  • hawk12 4:46AM
  • JRMRRT 4:45AM
  • Troy_Polamalyourass 4:47AM
  • zildjian 4:46AM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Bust Canidates???????????
  • SmittySmitty
    Let's toss out some names and why!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 February 2
    Cordarelle Patterson. Early dynasty ADP data that have seen have Patterson coming off the board as WR10 with and ADP of 2.07/2.08. Now I know this is dynasty ADP, so most owners drafting him here aren't doing so with the expectation of a top 10 season in 2014. They're looking to buy a future top 3 WR at top 10 prices now. I think it's insanely risky.

For all the size/speed/ability that Patterson possesses, he is still extremely raw. I believe he still doesn't have a firm grasp on the full route tree, and that he had to be force fed the ball on gadget plays for him to get his production. Some like to point out his top 3-4 finish over the last month of the season. While I think that it's reason to be optimistic, Patterson's production was heavily inflated by a TDs. 7 offensive TDs on 57 touches in 2013. That's an insane TD ratio that is unsustainable. We all know how unpredictable TDs can be. So this is what I'm skeptical about with Patterson, and we haven't even touched on his questionable situation yet...

The point is, I like Patterson, and his upside is pretty insane. However, at this point the upside is pretty much gone with Patterson if he's commanding top 10 WR prices. You need Patterson to explode to break even with him. This is the same situation we ran into last year with the likes of Wilson/Miller. Plus, until Patterson can master a full route tree, his usage is going to be very inconsistent IMO. 

I owned Patterson in several leagues early in 2013, and sold him in all of them. I'm not upset about it because I landed young studs every time I moved Patterson. I'd like to own him again, but with his upside now cooked into his price, it's too much risk for me.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • SmittySmitty February 2
    branch0095 said:

Cordarelle Patterson. Early dynasty ADP data that have seen have Patterson coming off the board as WR10 with and ADP of 2.07/2.08. Now I know this is dynasty ADP, so most owners drafting him here aren't doing so with the expectation of a top 10 season in 2014. They're looking to buy a future top 3 WR at top 10 prices now. I think it's insanely risky.

For all the size/speed/ability that Patterson possesses, he is still extremely raw. I believe he still doesn't have a firm grasp on the full route tree, and that he had to be force fed the ball on gadget plays for him to get his production. Some like to point out his top 3-4 finish over the last month of the season. While I think that it's reason to be optimistic, Patterson's production was heavily inflated by a TDs. 7 offensive TDs on 57 touches in 2013. That's an insane TD ratio that is unsustainable. We all know how unpredictable TDs can be. So this is what I'm skeptical about with Patterson, and we haven't even touched on his questionable situation yet...

The point is, I like Patterson, and his upside is pretty insane. However, at this point the upside is pretty much gone with Patterson if he's commanding top 10 WR prices. You need Patterson to explode to break even with him. This is the same situation we ran into last year with the likes of Wilson/Miller. Plus, until Patterson can master a full route tree, his usage is going to be very inconsistent IMO. 

I owned Patterson in several leagues early in 2013, and sold him in all of them. I'm not upset about it because I landed young studs every time I moved Patterson. I'd like to own him again, but with his upside now cooked into his price, it's too much risk for me.

It's possible. He could be a stud, too, but definitely a great name that has signs of breakout and signs of risk! Nice work.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 2
    No position had more busts last year than RB. Most of those due to injuries. I'm gonna go with Demarco Murray. I know he tore it up last year, but he has never played a full season. In his 3 seasons he's played 13, 10, 14 games. He's sure to be in the top 10 rbs ,which will most likely make him a 2nd round pick. When he suits up he's a beast, but the price is a lot to pay for a guy who you hope can play 13 or 14 games. I'd also throw Jordan Reed out there. His physical skills are off the charts, but the concussion history scares me. I'd love to have him on my team if he falls below his ADP, but I get the Jahvid Best quivers when I think about drafting him. Both these players will make someone very happy if they stay healthy, but I'll prob draft someone less risky. Unless the price is right of course.
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, S.Bailey, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,4.02
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass February 2
    N Foles
    M Forte
    Josh Gordon
    Julius Thomas

I'm picking players who outperformed their ADP tremendously, that, IMO, will not meet their 2014 ADP expectations...

N Foles being drafted after Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton?

Forte in the top 5 picks?

Gordon after Calvin?

JT the same round as Gronk?

Yikes...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE

Luck, Cutler
    Spiller, L Bell, Ridley, Michael, Tate, B Pierce, K Davis
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Britt, M Brown
    Gronk, Cameron
    1.1, 1.7, 1.11
  • TBLTBL February 2
    Jamaal Charles and AP.

I think we will begin to see signs of wear this year with AP and at his current ADP, I think he falls short.

I see JC as more of an injury bust. That Work load was huge last year for such a little guy. Similar to AP in 2013 after his 2012 monster workload.
  • TBLTBL February 2
    Also love the Gordon and Foles picks.
  • SwampiesSwampies February 2
    Bump! Look at what we thought who was going to be last year!

https://draftcalc.com/forums/discussion/4301/biggest-bust-candidate-heading-into-2013/p1
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! February 2
    Ryan Matthews not in the same tier as the above named but played well above adp, if healthy he's fine but as with d Murray I'd bet he's not healthy for the majority if his games.
  • ShmilyShmily February 2
    The Cowboys Dez Bryant, he is easily ranked as a top 5 WR in 2014 and a perfect BUST candidate.  The Dallas Cowboys went out and hired new OC Scott Linehan which will make us FF owners giddy.  If you look at what Linehan has done with Calvin Johnson you would think Dez should benefit from the Cowboys new play caller.  I believe strongly when Dez Bryant doesn't produce Megatron stats, his "self destructive behavior" will produce a MEGABUST in 2014.  When you have to set behavioral rules for a grown man and babysit him every time he wipes his a**, the sh*t will eventually hit the fan.  But this is not even the main issue, the Cowboys have many (CORRECTION) I will leave it at one "JERRY JONES!"     

IMO. -Shmiily ")

• Reisssox February 2
    Hey now....We're America's team...
  • emurrell17 February 2
    Can we revote on Americas team?
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)
  • ShmilyShmily February 2
    Reisssox said:

No doubt America's team are the Cowboys and at emurrell17 no revote allowed.  Sure would love to hear some of your bust candidates though.

-Shmily ")
  • fontainesfontaines February 2
    Patterson seems to be this offseasons David Wilson. I predict him being a 2nd or third round pick by august. It's not just here that's hyping him up, it seems to be everywhere. Not saying he will bust, but he will likely be out-hyped out of any value he could possibly have by next years redrafts.
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • emurrell17 February 2
    fontaines said:

Patterson seems to be this offseasons David Wilson. I predict him being a 2nd or third round pick by august. It's not just here that's hyping him up, it seems to be everywhere. Not saying he will bust, but he will likely be out-hyped out of any value he could possibly have by next years redrafts.

I agree with that. He is a special player though and never prone to injuries and never had legal issues or attitude problems. I think he's probably worth a 3rd but you are right there won't be much value there.
    Bold Predictions:
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 February 2
    Ray Rice; I just know Kube's will not use him effectively. 

Also Frank Gore; already hit age 30 already and was complaining about lack of carries this season already. He's got Hunter, James, and now Lattimore all behind him ready to step up. 
  • emurrell17 February 3
    Surely rice's adp won't be too high.
    Bold Predictions:
  • branch0095 February 3
    emurrell17 said:

Surely rice's adp won't be too high.

Yeah, my guess is he's in the 4th round in redraft. 
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 3
    LACY!! being drafted in the top 10 i see trouble here..he has injury risk.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie February 4
    TBL said:

Jamaal Charles and AP.

I think we will begin to see signs of wear this year with AP and at his current ADP, I think he falls short.

I see JC as more of an injury bust. That Work load was huge last year for such a little guy. Similar to AP in 2013 after his 2012 monster workload.

I concur TBL.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie February 4
    Reisssox said:

I never understood this, lol.  Who anointed the Cowboys as America's team anyway?
    DC Nation Moderator
Add a Comment