Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• 85_bears February 9
  • bddavidson February 9
  • bmxholden1 February 8
  • CARramrod958 February 3
  • chuckeycharles February 3
  • CoolHandLuke February 3
  • DAXstatic February 4
  • Dynomite February 3
  • emurrell17 February 8
  • FarFromHome February 8
  • jessejanderson February 3
  • k0wned February 3
  • Needalife February 3
  • rabidbucfan February 5
  • Swampies February 6
  • TBL February 3
  • Troy_Polamalyourass February 6
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 6

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12581
  • bddavidson 12136
  • JRMRRT 11086
  • Wutthecrapman 9969
  • BuckysGT 7661
  • LukeB5301 7415
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6998
  • TBL 4690
  • fontaines 4414
  • branch0095 4340

Who's Online (7)

• chuckeycharles 12:15PM
  • Dcaster 12:13PM
  • JRMRRT 12:16PM
  • LukeB5301 12:16PM
  • Smitty 12:14PM
  • tmoney 12:15PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 12:15PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Russell Wilson ? Sell high what's his ceiling?
  • SwampiesSwampies
    Is this just the beginning for Wilson or is this the best time to sell him on this high? What do think his ceiling is?
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • NeedalifeNeedalife February 3
    Kind of reminds me of a Flacco approach from this viewpoint.... he's a player who has the skillset to be a stronger fantasy contributor than he will ever be in reality because of game plan.  Now that SEA has proven that they can win a championship by not taking many chances and letting their defense take the lead, that style will become their "formula" for success.  Wilson will pop in certain games but I don't see them cutting him loose to the point where he becomes a top 7 fantasy QB.  I'd sell if someone has Russell fever.
    TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • emurrell17 February 3
    I like Wilson going forward. He's going to have Percy more than this past year and I wouldn't be suprised if sea goes with davante Adams, Allen Robinson or Odell beckham at the bottom of the first to replace golden Tate. Plus, it's kinds tough to sell high off a 200 yd performance. I like him more in real life than fantasy....I will say this though: if anything happens to lynch, then Wilson's value could sky rocket. He's a hold or a buy for me
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • TBLTBL February 3
    I think he is still figuring it out. Plus he hasnt really had any real playmakers to throw to. Garbage TEs and less then stellar WRs. I actually think his ceiling is pretty high.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 3
    he will always be a better real life QB than FF QB..he will have his games of course..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 3
    27 total tds and over 500 rushing yards on a run heavy offense in his second year and just won superbowl.....real life?...fantasy?....yes please....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • 85_bears85_bears February 3
    A little biased as a Wilson owner but isn't this what they used to say about Brady?

He can only get better once he has Harvin at full disposal and better weapons or if their current weapons actually develop into legit threats.
    DYNASTY TEAM QB(3) – Wilson, RB(4) – Mathews, Miller, Woodhead, Ivory, WR(5) – Garcon, Gordon, Hilton, Stevie J, Amendola TE – Gronkowski, Eifert
    TAXI SQUAD - Montee Ball IR - Lattimore, D. Wilson
  • chuckeycharles February 3
    It would cost plenty to pry Wilson of my team
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Wilson, Eli, Keenum, Locker, Cousins / RB - ADP, McCoy, T.Rich, Lynch, Vereen, Turbin, Rainey, Latavius / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Fitz, Harvin, Hopkins, D.Moore, Patterson / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Rudolph, M.Bennett, Clay / K - Crosby / DST - Bills -----
    Wilson will be a top 10 QB nothing special...he will have great games and not so great games he was the 10 rated  qb this past year so unless they somehow change  the run 1st mind set that is about all he will be but maybe every so often he might break into the top 6
    DC Nation Moderator
  • CARramrod958 February 3
    FarFromHome said:

27 total tds and over 500 rushing yards on a run heavy offense in his second year and just won superbowl.....real life?...fantasy?....yes please....

I'm with ya
    "Don't call me radio, sixty-nine"!
    CARramrod958 said:

FarFromHome said:

I'm with ya

yep for all those stats he finish in the great 10 spot this year..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Dynomite February 3
    I love his potential. Strong and accurate arm, mobile, and makes good decisions with the ball. I think his best days are ahead of him from a fantasy perspective
    Dynomite said:

I love his potential. Strong and accurate arm, mobile, and makes good decisions with the ball. I think his best days are ahead of him from a fantasy perspective

that very well could be,but doesnt the team running 1st strategy limit him? maybe not i think wilson is one of the coolest QBs under pressure i have seen especially only in his 2nd year, kinda reminds of a young big ben with better legs.. 
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Dynomite February 3

that very well could be,but doesnt the team running 1st strategy limit him? maybe not i think wilson is one of the coolest QBs under pressure i have seen especially only in his 2nd year, kinda reminds of a young big ben with better legs.. 

Yeah, He does seem to have that Big Ben quality of pocket awareness. For the sake of the discussion couldn't you easily make the point that the run 1st strategy is something that is very fluid? With the way coordinators and coaches move around nowadays, you could probably guess that when lynch is gone that the offensive strategy might shift also. My only point is that because they are run 1st now, doesn't mean the hawks won't evolve with changing parts and Wilson's comfort with the position. The talent is definitely there, and I think he has made his career on people who doubt him.
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 3

you said "with all those stats he finished in the great 10 spot" like its a bad thing....we are just looking at it differently...I look at it like he is a young qb....year two....GREAT rb....GREAT defense...and he STILL was able to put up those numbers with very limited chances to take aggressive chances....if anything changes...like lynch gets suspended....or they let lynch go...they cant afford all those defensive players....or even carroll deciding to be more aggressive on offense....any ONE of those things happen and his numbers improve....on a side note...I remember thinking how Wilson wasn't gonna be good and Flynn would beat him out....lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • NeedalifeNeedalife February 3
    85_bears said:

A little biased as a Wilson owner but isn't this what they used to say about Brady?

Brady is always what I think of too.  But then I see guys like Flacco who we think is ready to explode and then just stays at that mediocre level.  It's going to be interesting to watch, that's for sure.  I like WIlson but I feel like it'll be a few more years before he has a chance to be the focal point of the offense.
    TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • k0wnedk0wned February 3
    FarFromHome said:

you said "with all those stats he finished in the great 10 spot" like its a bad thing....we are just looking at it differently...I look at it like he is a young qb....year two....GREAT rb....GREAT defense...and he STILL was able to put up those numbers with very limited chances to take aggressive chances....if anything changes...like lynch gets suspended....or they let lynch go...they cant afford all those defensive players....or even carroll deciding to be more aggressive on offense....any ONE of those things happen and his numbers improve....on a side note...I remember thinking how Wilson wasn't gonna be good and Flynn would beat him out....lol

I agree with this, what he is doing now is close to his floor.
    Dynomite said:

Yeah, He does seem to have that Big Ben quality of pocket awareness. For the sake of the discussion couldn't you easily make the point that the run 1st strategy is something that is very fluid? With the way coordinators and coaches move around nowadays, you could probably guess that when lynch is gone that the offensive strategy might shift also. My only point is that because they are run 1st now, doesn't mean the hawks won't evolve with changing parts and Wilson's comfort with the position. The talent is definitely there, and I think he has made his career on people who doubt him.

FarFromHome said:

sounds like a lot of ifs IMHo. not a wilson hater at all  as i do own him just think as of right now i just see a better real life qb(which nothing wrong with that) than one putting up monster FF stats is all.An interest fact that i heard last night of the top 15 all time scoring offense not a one has won a superbowl interst or that what was said on ESPN.  If i am the Seahawks fan/player i wouldnt change a things as there formula wins superbowls!
    DC Nation Moderator
  • CoolHandLukeCoolHandLuke February 3
    Yes, they're run first now, but that doesn't really worry me for the future. I can't think of a situation where a great QB has been chained by a great run game and defense. As Russell continues to improve, the team will let him sling it more. Also, the team is what it is now because Russell is so cheap on that 3rd round contract. As he will get paid soon, they won't be able to pour all that money into the defense and run game, and will pass more as a result. 
  • jessejandersonjessejanderson February 3
    He lost his top 2 receivers (Percy + Rice) and was still a Top 10 QB.

What other QBs would be able to do the same?
    Bold PPR Predictions (7/17/13):
    Russell Wilson is the #1 QB.
    Chris Johnson is a Top 5 RB.
    Darren Sproles is a Top 10 RB.
    RG3 is not a Top 10 QB.
    EJ Manuel is a Top 10 QB.
    Percy Harvin is a Top 5 WR.
  • DAXstatic February 4
    Sell high? Is that a joke?

He plays the whiners, cards and rams 6 times per season. That's 6 weeks of low teen point outputs from him.

You will need to have another qb who you can start in the playoffs because the divisional games are played around that time. I had to start him in the championship game this season due to injuries to arod and Bradford and he single handedly lost me the championship with a paltry 11 point outing.
123›
Add a Comment