Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 8
  • BK19 February 6
  • blkeagle February 6
  • boobam13 February 8
  • BostonBrowns February 6
  • branch0095 February 9
  • BuckysGT February 6
  • chaindog35 February 6
  • cohendpt February 6
  • Go With What You Got!!!! February 7
  • LukeB5301 February 6
  • Smitty February 9
  • Swampies February 8
  • TBL February 6
  • tmoney February 6
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 6

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12659
  • bddavidson 12270
  • JRMRRT 11272
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7747
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7110
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4721
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4396

Who's Online (11)

• branch0095 6:20PM
  • BuckysGT 6:19PM
  • ChazMichaelMichaels 6:18PM
  • Dynomite 6:20PM
  • emurrell17 6:19PM
  • hawk12 6:18PM
  • Iceman 6:18PM
  • SMFFCN 6:20PM
  • tone1oc 6:19PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 6:20PM
  • zildjian 6:18PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Someone pull me from the driver seat of the Andre Ellington bus before I crash...
  • boobam13boobam13

I have it bad, I really think Ellington is going to make a huge jump this season and become a RB1 with Mendy gone...that said I have been trying to get him from an owner who has the entire Zona run game. Going back and forth with him and basically it comes down to I give Spiller and a later pick(3rdish) for Zona rbs and Vontaze Burflict(who was a top 5 LB last year)

Things I am mulling over

1.) I'm I crazy to think this about Ellington?

2.) Does Spiller finally become the guy we all thought he was 2/3 years ago?

3.) Does the Def Coordinator change in Cincy change Burflict going forward? 

Thoughts/Thanks

12 Team Dynasty - PPR and IDP
    QB - MStafford, PRivers, MVick, BHoyer
    RB - JCharles, DMartin, AEllington, CMicheal, ABrown, RMendenhall, KDavis, RTurbin, MJames, DLewis, STaylor, MLeashoure, TRiddick, MCox, RWilliams, DJohnson, FWhittaker, COgbonnaya, CWood, JDwyer, RGraham, CGray, MAsiata, ASmith, AAlexander
    WR - ABrown, PHarvin, DHopkins, HNicks, JJernigan, JBoyce, Charles Johnson
    TE - CJordan, BPettigrew, MLewis
    K - Prater
    DL - RQuinn
    LB - VBurfict, DWashington, DButler, DSmith, NBowman, VWilliams
    DB - JCyprien
    TAXI -
    IR -
    2014 Rookie/FA Picks - 1 - 1st, 1 - 2nd, 1 - 3rd, 1 - 4th, 4 - 5ths
  • BostonBrownsBostonBrowns February 6
    i tried to grab Ellington in every rookie draft last year...
  • cohendptcohendpt February 6
    I like Ellington as well...I also picked up Taylor just in case for next yr but have resigns soon and might drop Taylor bc I've read Ellington is supposed to be their number one
    NON PPR, 1QB/2WR/2RB/1TE/1flex(w/r/t)/K/DL/2LB/DB
    5 pts/TD, no fraction points 50 pass yds = 1 point, 20 receiving/rushing = 1 point, salary cap league ($100; 25% salary increase 1st/2nd yr resign; 50% salary increase year 3 and on)

2014 roster
    QB: cam $5, kap $1.75
    RB: Charles $18.75, McCoy $15, wilson, bAll $2.50, bEll $2.50, stacy $1.25, s.taylor $1.25, ellington $1.25, l.murray $1.25, c. Michael $1.25
    WR: Julio $11, Gordon $1.25
    TE: Reed $1.25, Ertz $1.75, Bostik $1.25, pitta $1.25
    DB:T. Matheiu $1.25
    LB: kuechly $1.75, burfict $1.25
    DL: Quinn $1.25
    K: Prater $1.25
  • TBLTBL February 6
    I like Ellington, but wouldnt want him as anything more then an RB3. Keep Spiller imo.
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie February 6
    I'm driving the Ellington bus and have been since he was drafted last year.  Love his potential if given the chance and believe he could be one of the top RB's from last years draft class when all is said and done.  That said, I wouldn't trade Spiller for him.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 6
    boobam13 said:

I have it bad, I really think Ellington is going to make a huge jump this season and become a RB1 with Mendy gone...that said I have been trying to get him from an owner who has the entire Zona run game. Going back and forth with him and basically it comes down to I give Spiller and a later pick(3rdish) for Zona rbs and Vontaze Burflict(who was a top 5 LB last year)

Things I am mulling over

1.) I'm I crazy to think this about Ellington?

2.) Does Spiller finally become the guy we all thought he was 2/3 years ago?

3.) Does the Def Coordinator change in Cincy change Burflict going forward? 

Thoughts/Thanks

step back from the computer ...i say keep Spiller
    DC Nation Moderator
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 6
    Ellington was my #2 RB last year, that said Spiller > Ellington
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • chaindog35chaindog35 February 6
    Yeah, Spiller's value is greater in the market than Ellington's value.  Even if you like Ellington more, you should extract more value from the owner for Spiller.
  • SmittySmitty February 6
    Let's just say No. 9 on the Upside Board is gonna make those in this thread happy .. shhh :)
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! February 6
    Love the little guy but not for spiller ..

Agreed.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • tmoneytmoney February 6
    Smitty said:

Let's just say No. 9 on the Upside Board is gonna make those in this thread happy .. shhh :)

NOOOOO!!!!!  I've been trying to trade for him in a bunch of leagues.  Now, I'm going to have to overpay for him.
  • blkeagle February 6
    Also trying to get him in 2 leagues right now, will have to work fast.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 6
    Would u guys trade murray for him? if so would asking for ellington and 1st be too much?
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! February 6
    That's about right ...
    tmoney said:

Smitty said:

NOOOOO!!!!!  I've been trying to trade for him in a bunch of leagues.  Now, I'm going to have to overpay for him.

Hurry ;)
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • boobam13boobam13 February 6

It wasn't just for the little guy...in our league LB score as much as RB1s and getting Burfict fills a huge need for me plus getting Mendy who might sign somewhere and becomes another bargaining chip seemed like too much to pass on...Spiller might be great, but we have been saying that for 3 years now, we haven't said Ellington might be great yet..lol

2014 BOLD Prediction - Ellington is a top 12 RB in PPR Leagues
    RB - JCharles, DMartin, AEllington, CMicheal, ABrown, RMendenhall, KDavis, RTurbin, MJames, DLewis, STaylor, MLeashoure, TRiddick, MCox, RWilliams, DJohnson, FWhittaker, COgbonnaya, CWood, JDwyer, RGraham, CGray, MAsiata, ASmith, AAlexander
    K - Prater
    DL - RQuinn
    DB - JCyprien
    TAXI -
    IR -
  • BuckysGT February 6
    Lbs come and go all the time. You lost on that deal. Spiller was the best player in the deal.
  • blkeagle February 6
    Top LB's come up out of no where every year.  Kiko Alonso was not supposed to be the top LB from last years class let alone a top 5 talent.  Burfict was also a relative unknown 2 years ago and was not even supposed to be starting at LB for Cincy.  If you do you research you can hit on a top LB each and every year, they are not worth trading for.
  • BK19BK19 February 6
    Felt it was easier commenting here than starting a new thread. would you give the 1.06&1.07 for Andre Ellington & Martellus Bennet? I just got this offer today. I need a RB BAD!
  • boobam13boobam13 February 6
    BuckysGT said:

Lbs come and go all the time. You lost on that deal. Spiller was the best player in the deal.

Possibly, but looking at Spiller over the past few seasons he has scored 131, 170, 253, 154 in a ppr/return yardage league. Ellington last year scored 166. Spiller basically outscored him one season. Ellington has no one to compete with in the backfield, Mendy is a FA, Arizona will get Cooper next year which will help their O-line issues some, Spiller has the Ageless Wonder in Buffalo, and I got a player I can flip for someone or something in Mendy and a top LB...I think my team is better now than it was this morning...heck last season at Richardson was the man, you can say LBs come and go all the time, RBs are making a strong case for that
    K - Prater
    DL - RQuinn
    DB - JCyprien
    TAXI -
    IR -
Add a Comment