Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 15
  • bmxholden1 February 9
  • emurrell17 February 15
  • FarFromHome February 8
  • fontaines February 7
  • JRMRRT February 16
  • LukeB5301 February 8
  • rabidbucfan February 7
  • Smitty February 6
  • stewss7 February 7
  • Swampies February 15
  • SweetLew February 15
  • TheHuddle February 9

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12760
  • bddavidson 12353
  • JRMRRT 11576
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7819
  • LukeB5301 7684
  • Smitty 7306
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4760
  • fontaines 4613
  • branch0095 4501

Who's Online (16)

• branch0095 6:40PM
  • donvaughn 6:40PM
  • greatprodigy 6:39PM
  • hoyasaxa 6:41PM
  • Iceman 6:39PM
  • JRMRRT 6:41PM
  • LukeB5301 6:40PM
  • meast 6:41PM
  • PDTDT 6:40PM
  • SMFFCN 6:39PM
  • TheHuddle 6:41PM
  • tmoney 6:38PM
  • tone1oc 6:38PM
  • vincentjmack 6:39PM
  • WeekEnd_Warriors 6:41PM
  • zeeshan2 6:41PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Sochi Winter Olympics
  • SwampiesSwampies
    Anyone watching?
    If your what events are you looking forward to seeing?
    The Olympics are pretty much turning into the X games as the new events have more excitement!
    I love the freestyle skiing and the snowboarding but I love the old school of bobsledding and curling.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • stewss7stewss7 February 6

This is the most interesting part of the Olympics.
    @stewss7
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 6
    Boycotting
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT February 6
    Mens hockey...I Love international play on the big rinks.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • SmittySmitty February 6
    Ill be watching. It's always fun. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SwampiesSwampies February 7
    JRMRRT said:

Mens hockey...I Love international play on the big rinks.

I love the men's hockey did you hear about this story ?

Ryan Suter and his father Bob have a very special relationship. For much of his hockey-playing life, Ryan was coached by his dad until he went away to Culver Military Academy as a sophomore in high school. Bob Suter also blazed a trail to the Olympics for Ryan as a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team that completed the Miracle on Ice, a 4-3 win over the Soviet Union en route to the gold medal.

That's why the fact that Bob Suter will not be going to Sochi to watch his son play in his second Olympics is such a surprise. Concerns over safety in Sochi have escalated and that's why Ryan Suter says his family members, including his wife and children will not be coming to watch the games. It was at Ryan's request that his family stay away.

In an interview with CBS News, Bob Suter addressed why he won't be attending.

"Everything is security, security. You know, it's just too bad that it takes away from the athletics and the sports and stuff," he said. "It just makes it maybe not as fun that you have to worry nowadays."

Ryan Suter echoed his father's sentiments.

"It's definitely a concern. I look forward to going to the Olympics and being part of it. You hear all these stories about different things; it's definitely a concern," Ryan Suter said.

Ryan Suter's Minnesota Wild teammate Zach Parise has also told his family which also includes a famous hockey-playing father, former NHLer J.P. Parise, to stay home.

"I mean it's nerve-wracking, that's for sure," said Parise. "When you see that stuff going on, it's not very comforting."

Bob Suter did tell CBS News' Dean Reynolds that he might have to reconsider his decision if Team USA makes it to the gold-medal game. He also noted it would have been nice to see some of his old opponents from than 1980 USSR team in Sochi, but will wait for another time.

The security concerns over Sochi certainly creates a black cloud over the Winter Games. It's very unfortunate that it has to be this way as for many of these athletes it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Not all families will stay away of course. But the fact that Bob Suter, an Olympic gold medalist, won't be on hand to see his son have a chance to become the second American father-son duo to earn Olympic gold in hockey, is certainly telling.

My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    K Steven Hauschka

• bddavidsonbddavidson February 7
    Like just about any part of this except some of the figure skating....bobsled salom ski jump freestyle it is all good be proud america
    DC Nation Moderator
  • fontaines February 7
    I'm not following anything except the hotel stuff on twitter that is hilarious.  Sounds like the grant money they have to host it all went in someone's pocket lol

• stewss7stewss7 February 7
    Exactly
    @stewss7
  • rabidbucfan February 7
    fontaines said:

I'm not following anything except the hotel stuff on twitter that is hilarious.  Sounds like the grant money they have to host it all went in someone's pocket lol

indeed

Embedded image permalink
    Civilized nations build libraries; lands that have lost their soul close them down. - Toby Forward

• TheHuddleTheHuddle February 7
    Toobadfor the athletes that this is the most corrupt Olympics ever. Putin is a bad man
    TheHuddle said:

Toobadfor the athletes that this is the most corrupt Olympics ever. Putin is a bad man

heck it is Russia!!

but i cant say our government is any better!
    DC Nation Moderator
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 7

I usually throw political reasoning aside for the Olympics...I really really enjoy watching summer and winter Olympics.....we get caught up in watching our millionaire athletes half ass all the time and truly forget 100% efforts....Olympic competition is so genuine...I watch whenever I can....hell I can watch archery at 3 in the morning and be happy....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT February 7
    Read a report that they already caught someone trying to hijack a plane there.

• FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 7
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
    Anybody remember the intro to Wide world of sports on ABC in the 70's/ 80's, when the ski jumper crashes at the end of the ramp? Something I always think of when ever the Winter Olympics are on!
    K Steven Hauschka

^^^^yeah i am getting old
    DC Nation Moderator
    bddavidson said:

^^^^yeah i am getting old

not old just wiser!
    K Steven Hauschka

Yawn!!! Their opening sucks!

It feels like London does it not? So unoriginal !
    K Steven Hauschka

• SwampiesSwampies February 8
    Former NFL player breaks out of Sochi bathroom

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/08/former-nfl-player-breaks-out-of-sochi-bathroom/

Posted by Mike Florio on February 8, 2014, 9:55 AM EST

A member of the U.S. bobsled team once spent time with the Bills and Packers, before being cut by each before the start of the regular season. But former receiver Johnny Quinn has a new claim to fame.

Apart from becoming a U.S. Olympic bobsledder, Quinn has broken out of a bathroom at his hotel in Sochi.

Via our friends at NBCSports.com, Quinn busted through the door after he realized that: (1) he was locked in; and (2) he had no cell phone device with him.”With no phone to call for help, I used my bobsled push training to break out,” Quinn said on Twitter, with the hashtag #SochiJailBreak.

Given the bizarre no-toilet-fishing rules that apply at the site of the games, it’s safe to assume that blasting a hole through the door also is frowned upon. And while it’s an impressive feat to bust through any door, it doesn’t look like this specific door consisted of much more than honeycombed cardboard.

Perhaps they would have been able to afford better doors if they’d had better luck fishing in the toilets.
    K Steven Hauschka

• LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 8
    Yup that door looks like the cheapest piece of crap I've ever seen
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
123›
Add a Comment