Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 9
  • branch0095 February 7
  • donvaughn February 8
  • draftyinhere February 8
  • dunlap13 February 7
  • emurrell17 February 8
  • LukeB5301 February 7
  • Smitty February 9
  • stewss7 February 8
  • Swampies February 8
  • TheHuddle February 8
  • zeeshan2 February 9

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12581
  • bddavidson 12136
  • JRMRRT 11086
  • Wutthecrapman 9969
  • BuckysGT 7661
  • LukeB5301 7415
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6998
  • TBL 4690
  • fontaines 4414
  • branch0095 4340

Who's Online (7)

• chuckeycharles 12:15PM
  • Dcaster 12:13PM
  • JRMRRT 12:16PM
  • LukeB5301 12:15PM
  • Smitty 12:14PM
  • tmoney 12:15PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 12:15PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Philbin is a moron!
  • bddavidsonbddavidson

source told CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that Ryan Tannehill may lack job security entering 2014.

Unbelievable. Tannehill is the least of the Dolphins' problems and very arguably their biggest strength, so the notion of him losing his job is yet another reminder of the continued dysfunction in Miami. "(Coach Joe Philbin) definitely wants to push Tannehill more," said the source, who spoke to Philbin about his quarterbacks, "and if he doesn't see improvement he said he might go to (Matt) Moore at some point. He definitely has a lot of faith in Moore, and they're paying him a lot of money." This is a team that should be looking to prop up Tannehill with significant offensive line upgrades, not put his job on the line in favor of a journeyman-type career backup in Moore. Tannehill absorbed a league-high 58 sacks in 2013. This has been a troubling offseason in Miami, to say the least.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • branch0095 February 7
    Yeah I read this earlier. Absolutely absurd...
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 7
    I thought the same thing when I read this. It isn't like he's peaked or there is someone even close to his talent on the roster. He's showed significant improvement each year. Give him some balance by actually running the football and he will win even more games. Philbin gots to go.
  • dunlap13dunlap13 February 7
    I don't think its crazy. Show the kid no job is secure. He could play better.
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • emurrell17 February 7
    If I was tannehill I'd make a statement that would sound something like this "philbin's job is not secure in 2014, he could coach a lot better". I mean gah...if anything is wrong with the dolphins it's philbin...
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • dunlap13dunlap13 February 7
    Point blank youre not going any where if tannehill plays like he has. They couldve made the playoffs pretty easily...
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • emurrell17 February 7
    But that's ridiculous to say that tannehill is the reason they didn't. A run game would have helped...an offensive line would've helped, shit if I'm a dolphins fan I wouldn't turn down some better defensive players either
    Bold Predictions:
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 7
    emurrell17 said:

But that's ridiculous to say that tannehill is the reason they didn't. A run game would have helped...an offensive line would've helped, shit if I'm a dolphins fan I wouldn't turn down some better defensive players either

and much much much better coaching wouldnt hurt....that is the main reason they missed playoffs
    DC Nation Moderator
  • emurrell17 February 7
    Absolutely. But bad coaching and managing results in a lack of talent on a roster. So even if the team is just bad it's still the coach's fault
    Bold Predictions:
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 7
    emurrell17 said:

Absolutely. But bad coaching and managing results in a lack of talent on a roster. So even if the team is just bad it's still the coach's fault

i see it that they  need o-line badly but there coach and OC failed to use what offensive weapons they had correctly..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • stewss7stewss7 February 7
    Tannehill is a bottom 1/4 NFL starting QB.
    If his job isn't in question, I don't know whose is.
    @stewss7
  • emurrell17 February 7
    Bottom 1/4 maybe BECAUSE of utilization? The point is- he is capable of being a top 1/4 qb if the pieces around him get there a** in gear
    Bold Predictions:
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 7
    emurrell17 said:

Bottom 1/4 maybe BECAUSE of utilization? The point is- he is capable of being a top 1/4 qb if the pieces around him get there a** in gear

This
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • stewss7stewss7 February 7
    I don't see him achieving that level of success throwing to Jerry Rice & Randy Moss behind the '95 Cowboys line.
    @stewss7
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 February 7
    From not seeing millers talent to not utilizing his wrs enough, although the dolphins don't have any ok wrs outside of hart line and Wallace, he's worn out his welcome in Miami.
  • emurrell17 February 7
    I like the Matthews guy down there quite a bit. I think he can be a pretty good #2
    Bold Predictions:
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 8
    Maybe I'm way off, but I don't see what the Tannehill hate is all about. MIA has had 17 different qbs since Marino retired in 99. They finally have one worth a damn and they want him to know it's shit or get off the pot time already? Tannehill improved in every major statistical category this year despite being sacked more times than any other QB(58 times) and having the 26th ranked rushing offense in the NFL. He's never missed a game and stats look like this. 4,500 and 30 looks completely possible at this rate of growth. This team is going to suck for a long time if they think Tannehill is the problem.
    G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost 2013 Miami Dolphins 16 16 355 588 60.4 3,913 6.7 24 17 58 399 81.7 40 238 6.0 1 9 5 2012 Miami Dolphins 16 16 282 484 58.3 3,294 6.8 12 13 35 234 76.1 49 211 4.3 2 9 4

• donvaughndonvaughn February 8
    Maybe I'm way off, but I don't see what the Tannehill hate is all about.
    MIA has had 17 different qbs since Marino retired in 99. They finally
    have one worth a damn and they want him to know it's shit or get off the
    pot time already? Tannehill improved in every major statistical
    category this year despite being sacked more times than any other QB(58
    times) and having the 26th ranked rushing offense in the NFL. He's never
    missed a game and stats look like this. 4,500 and 30 looks completely
    possible at this rate of growth. This team is going to suck for a long
    time if they think Tannehill is the problem.
                                                      G        GS       Comp    Att    Pct    Yds      TD    INT    SCK      RATE   ATT   YDS   TD   FUM   LOST
    2013    Miami Dolphins            16         16         355     588   60.4   3,913   24     17       58         81.7     40     238     1       9          5

2012    Miami Dolphins            16         16         282     484   58.3   3,294   12     13       35         76.1     49     211     2        9          4
  • SwampiesSwampies February 8
    Good stuff guys, I agree the coaching is the cancer to this whole problem in Miami. It's a shame to see guys talents wasted away a team like this one all around!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle February 8
    I thought Tannehill looked good down the stretch. I wasn't a fan of his coming out but I think he has definitely earned the starting gig in Miami. Some coaches have different ways to motivate.

Plus Tannehill has the trophy wife.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 8
    stewss7 said:

Tannehill is a bottom 1/4 NFL starting QB.
    If his job isn't in question, I don't know whose is.

funny you say that tannehill finished approximately with 600 more passing yards and 2 less tds and 300 less rushing yards than the superbowl win QB named Russel wilson..but he did have 17 ints to 9 for wilson..so bottom 1/4 in league i dont think so.. 
    DC Nation Moderator
12›
Add a Comment