Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 12
  • BuckysGT February 12
  • chaindog35 February 12
  • donvaughn February 13
  • FarFromHome February 12
  • haimez40 February 12
  • JREwing February 12
  • rabidbucfan February 12
  • Smitty February 12
  • TBL February 13

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12661
  • bddavidson 12271
  • JRMRRT 11277
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7746
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7118
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4723
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4404

Who's Online (5)

• emurrell17 4:44AM
  • hawk12 4:43AM
  • JRMRRT 4:45AM
  • Troy_Polamalyourass 4:45AM
  • zildjian 4:43AM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Ellington vs. Foster
  • JREwing
    12 team, PPR, Dynasty

My RBs are Foster, Matthews, Woodhead, P. Thomas, K. Robinson, D. Wilson, A. Brown. Im considering making a run at Ellington. I offered Foster for Ellington straight up, but was turned down. What else should I add to Foster to acquire Ellington? Should I even be pursuing Ellington with the stae my RBs are in?
    QB- Luck, Locker
    RB- Foster, Matthews, Tate, Micheal, K. Robinson, P. Thomas, CJ. Anderson
    WR- Gordon, AJ Green, Marshall, Hilton, D. Rodgers
    TE- Olson, Allen, Griffin, Kelce
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 12
    this love for ellington is out of control....zero percent chance I trade foster for him....zero....sure you have to worry about fosters health...but what rb don't you?...tate gone...if healthy foster is in for a big season...if ellington is healthy he will have to compete with someone...coaches have already said multiple times that he isn't that workhorse guy...150 carrys and 50 catches is his ceiling...for me...but around here people are predicting MASSIVE numbers....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • haimez40 February 12
    Yeah, I don't get the Ellington love either.  He has big play ability but I don't ever see him being more than a split back personally.  I'm about as down on Foster as anybody and I wouldn't do this trade.  He has a better chance being the next David Wilson than the next Jamal Charles.  I like Ellington as a #3 or #4 RB and nothing more.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 12
    I would hold Foster and trade for his handcuff, whomever that will be, or drafting who the Texans take at RB
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, S.Bailey, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,4.02
  • JREwing February 12
    Thanks fellas for talking me off the ledge!
    QB- Luck, Locker
    RB- Foster, Matthews, Tate, Micheal, K. Robinson, P. Thomas, CJ. Anderson
    WR- Gordon, AJ Green, Marshall, Hilton, D. Rodgers
    TE- Olson, Allen, Griffin, Kelce
  • chaindog35chaindog35 February 12
    I would trade Foster, but I wouldn't overpay for Ellington. I'd try to move Foster for picks. RBs with Foster's workload historically fall off the cliff. It's time to deal Foster, if you can find a beleiver. In my dynasty league hasn't been able to get any 1st rd rookie pick for him. It's a tough sell, but it only takes one buyer.
  • SmittySmitty February 12
    Yeah, that wouldn't be buying low. The upside board is great, but I see to many rushing out and buying at values I warn against. Ellington could absolutely be better than Foster this year, and could be a top 10RB, but he could also flat-out be a victim of poor coaching. His role is determined by that AZ coaching staff... and while I recommend everyone go buy low and hope the right decisions are made regarding his playing time, buying low is key. His market value is way, way below Foster. If it's not in your league, like if the owner is holding him hostage, move on in that league! Go get him in another.

Good topic, glad it was brought up.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • bddavidsonbddavidson
    @smitty in most leagues i am in foster owners cant get squat for him..it seems those that own him either retire him or sell at low value...owners have asked for 1st and foster has set on th trade block since the season ended not traded in any league i am in that i can remember... i seen ellington moved alot more and for more than fosters can dream for..i have slightly overd paid for ellington and i amy regret it but we shall see hope az coaches commits to his rb as he usually does.
    DC Nation Moderator
    @bddavidson I guess it all depends on the league... but I myself have found Ellington as a late first rounder in terms of pick value, and a lot cheaper than Foster. I say in leagues where he costs that amount, I try in another league, as we all play in so many now a days.

Foster can't be moved for much, I hear ya, but I'll buy low, despite the risk. If he gets Rb3/4 cheap, which is what Ellington is only because he is a sleeper (he is worth more IMO, but I won't pay it unless I have to), I buy Foster at RB3/4 all day. If he doesn't work out, so be it. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • rabidbucfanrabidbucfan February 12
    FarFromHome said:

this love for ellington is out of control....zero percent chance I trade foster for him....zero....sure you have to worry about fosters health...but what rb don't you?...tate gone...if healthy foster is in for a big season...if ellington is healthy he will have to compete with someone...coaches have already said multiple times that he isn't that workhorse guy...150 carrys and 50 catches is his ceiling...for me...but around here people are predicting MASSIVE numbers....

this
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. -Dalai Lama

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 12
    Agreed foster value has hit the tank and buy low aday if u can but most owners still want top 10 value i have seen
    DC Nation Moderator
  • BuckysGT February 12
    I'm not buying all the Ellington love either. I don't believe the coaches will give him a legit chance to be the guy. If you can get him at rb3 value, I'd go for it. But I wouldn't give Foster.
    BuckysGT said:

I'm not buying all the Ellington love either. I don't believe the coaches will give him a legit chance to be the guy. If you can get him at rb3 value, I'd go for it. But I wouldn't give Foster.

Coaching is why Ellington does have bust potential, no doubt. Sucks, too, because he has Jamaal Charles like skills.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 12

I just took over a team in DCI....I sent over my 2015 1st for foster...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • TBLTBL February 13
    FarFromHome said:

I just took over a team in DCI....I sent over my 2015 1st for foster...

Which I passed on, but FFH and I ended up settling on Miller and Greg Jennings for Foster.  In the same league, I gave up Ryan Mathews and Reed for Ellington and Mendy.  
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 13
    DC instant classics I traded Foster and Dennis Johnson for Christine Michael, a 2015 2nd and a 2015 4th. Might have been able to do better, but I valued Michael as a first rounder in the deal so seemed about right.
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, S.Bailey, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,4.02
Add a Comment