Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• ChazMichaelMichaels February 13
  • chuckeycharles February 13
  • Shmily February 13
  • Swampies February 13

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12760
  • bddavidson 12353
  • JRMRRT 11578
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7819
  • LukeB5301 7685
  • Smitty 7306
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4760
  • fontaines 4613
  • branch0095 4502

Who's Online (13)

• branch0095 7:02PM
  • donvaughn 7:00PM
  • Go With What You Got!!!! 7:03PM
  • HailMary 7:03PM
  • hoyasaxa 7:02PM
  • JRMRRT 7:03PM
  • meast 7:01PM
  • SMFFCN 7:02PM
  • Swampies 7:01PM
  • TheHuddle 7:00PM
  • tmoney 7:03PM
  • tone1oc 7:03PM
  • vincentjmack 7:03PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Chris Polk RB (PHI) thoughts?
  • SwampiesSwampies February 13
    Chris Polk (PHI – RB) With stud lead back LeSean McCoy turning 26 years old and handling more than 300 touches per season (306.5) over the last four years, expect Chip Kelly to ease off the throttle just a bit in 2014. The natural inclination is to expect more involvement for Bryce Brown, but what if Brown is not McCoy’s direct backup in training camp? For the second offseason in a row there are whispers that Brown’s tendency to bounce runs to the outside makes him a poor fit for Kelly’s scheme. The 24 year old Polk, however, embraced his limited role by gaining 54 yards on seven between the tackles runs, averaging 7.7 per carry and adding 40 yards after initial contact.

To properly sell outside zone runs, on one of which Polk scored a 38 yard touchdown, keeping the defense honest with their inside counterpart is crucial. The fact that Brown’s tendencies telegraph where he is headed goes a long way toward explaining his disappointing season. In an extremely small sample, Polk excelled. His insane 1.22 fantasy points per opportunity (PPO) will obviously regress with more touches, as will his 8.9 yards per carry average. A 7.18 yards after contact per attempt (Yco/Att) figure, which was the best of any back with at least 15 combined runs and receptions, fueled an otherworldly 191.5 elusive rating. Over a significant number of touches all of these averages will fall, including his third place (no minimum attempts) 67.3 Breakaway Percent figure. Yet they hint at the potential for more production than the unheralded Polk has been credited with possessing, or than has been priced into his current market value.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • chuckeycharles February 13
    Interesting stuff swamp-man

I have been trying to handcuff Lynch (already have Turbin and have been pursuing Michael), but maybe I should handcuff McCoy.

Who in my D-League (sig) would you drop to pick up Polk who is in the FA pool at the moment?

The league is not very active in the off season except for a few team owners, both of whom need TE depth, so I would not drop one of them at present.

We draft in late August and I will have to cut 5 players just before the draft. I will try to trade a TE or two for picks. I draft 10th in each round. If I am not successful in making any trades for pick up-grades I will probably end up cutting 2 QBs, Bills, Crosby and Moore or a RB
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Wilson, Eli, Keenum, Locker, Cousins / RB - ADP, McCoy, T.Rich, Lynch, Vereen, Turbin, Rainey, Latavius / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Fitz, Harvin, Hopkins, D.Moore, Patterson / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Rudolph, M.Bennett, Clay / K - Crosby / DST - Bills -----
  • SwampiesSwampies February 13
    chuckeycharles said:

Interesting stuff swamp-man

I have been trying to handcuff Lynch (already have Turbin and have been pursuing Michael), but maybe I should handcuff McCoy.

Who in my D-League (sig) would you drop to pick up Polk who is in the FA pool at the moment?

The league is not very active in the off season except for a few team owners, both of whom need TE depth, so I would not drop one of them at present.

We draft in late August and I will have to cut 5 players just before the draft. I will try to trade a TE or two for picks. I draft 10th in each round. If I am not successful in making any trades for pick up-grades I will probably end up cutting 2 QBs, Bills, Crosby and Moore or a RB

for a McCoy owner as you are he would have my interest in picking him up. If you have to drop someone to pick him up then it all depends on who your contemplating on dropping? To me he's got my attention to pick up in a late round in possibly off of waivers after the draft. So I'm question who else like me feels that Polk has your interest enough to take over Brown for a nice handcuff to McCoy?
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • ShmilyShmily February 13
    Due to system and situation CPolk would be my hand-cuff for LMcCoy.  If Shady would to go down we are looking at a RB timeshare. CPolk shined in CKelly's system and would clearly outplay BBrown (IMO).  What if the Eagles decide to deal BBrown say to the Oakland Raiders?  CPolk and/or BBrown would both be intriguing to roster, but if the Eagles roster both backs I'm going with CPolk!

Great topic Swampies!
    -Shmily ") 
  • ChazMichaelMichaels February 13
    I'm a McCoy owner who had and still has Bryce Brown. I moved Turbin and Michael to the Lynch owner for a 2nd in 2014 and a first in 2015 which has the potential to be 1.1. I picked up Polk to see how things shake out now that I have some room on my bench.

I'd really like to see Bryce Brown get moved where he has some hype to start and move him for a pick. Not a fan of carrying 3 RBs from the same team when we don't see a clear cut handcuff. Hopefully we get some resolution to that during training camp.
    10 Team PPR - QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB
    2013 Champion - Pat myself on the back
    Luck, Cutler, McCown
    McCoy, Spiller, AP, BryceBrown, L. Murray, Polk, Gerhardt, BJGE, MikeJames
    Marshall, Boldin, Jeffrey, Welker, Floyd, Holmes, Hill, Givens, Kearse,
    Graham, Heath Miller, A. Robinson, McDonald
Add a Comment