Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• boobam13 February 21
  • branch0095 February 21
  • BuckysGT February 23
  • donvaughn February 22
  • doodledog February 21
  • dunlap13 February 23
  • Dynomite February 21
  • emurrell17 February 21
  • Go With What You Got!!!! February 21
  • JRMRRT February 21
  • k0wned February 21
  • LukeB5301 February 23
  • PDTDT February 21
  • Smitty February 22
  • Swampies February 23
  • Troy_Polamalyourass February 21
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 21

Tagged

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12659
  • bddavidson 12270
  • JRMRRT 11272
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7747
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7110
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4721
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4396

Who's Online (11)

• branch0095 6:21PM
  • BuckysGT 6:19PM
  • ChazMichaelMichaels 6:18PM
  • Dynomite 6:20PM
  • emurrell17 6:19PM
  • hawk12 6:18PM
  • Iceman 6:18PM
  • SMFFCN 6:20PM
  • tone1oc 6:19PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 6:20PM
  • zildjian 6:18PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
************ No. 8 on the Upside Board is...... *************
  • SmittySmitty
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 February 21
    My boy!!!! WOO HOO!!!
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass February 21
    JRMRRT is gonna love this one...looks like I'm gonna lose the bet...

FYI, JRMRRT and I were having a discussion about how I prefer Crabtree over this WR.

Personal preference, but seems like a steal based on his adp
    12 Team PPR Dynasty

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE

Luck, Cutler
    Spiller, L Bell, Ridley, Michael, Tate, B Pierce, K Davis
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Britt, M Brown
    Gronk, Cameron
    1.1, 1.7, 1.11
  • SmittySmitty February 21
    Glad you boys approve so far. This list is looking good so far from 10-8. All players I fully expect to over-perform.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 21
    I think that is a great call. *** is a phenom. Great work ethic. I've always been a fan and expect him to be a perennial 100 catch guy. That said, I think his ADP will be about right. I still won't draft him over the big 6- Calvin, AJ, Dez, Julio, Gordon, DT. I have him ranked WR8 next season just behind Marshall, but ahead of Brown, Jeffrey, Allen. He could def post Top 5 numbers so you make a great point about being able to land a BIG 6 WR for the price of a 2nd tier WR. No way his ADP lands around 30 though. He's a 2nd rd pick next year and I can't imagine anyone letting him get past the turn at 24.
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, S.Bailey, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,4.02
    donvaughn said:

I think that is a great call. *** is a phenom. Great work ethic. I've always been a fan and expect him to be a perennial 100 catch guy. That said, I think his ADP will be about right. I still won't draft him over the big 6- Calvin, AJ, Dez, Julio, Gordon, DT. I have him ranked WR8 next season just behind Marshall, but ahead of Brown, Jeffrey, Allen. He could def post Top 5 numbers so you make a great point about being able to land a BIG 6 WR for the price of a 2nd tier WR. No way his ADP lands around 30 though. He's a 2nd rd pick next year and I can't imagine anyone letting him get past the turn at 24.

I ** out his name just to help keep the content, at least the obvious stuff, secured up :)

On him not escaping the top 24, you could be right come August, but his ADP is his ADP, and it's right around 29-34 right now, and that's relatively fresh data. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 21
    Ouch sorry. Delete the whole thing if you like. WOW that shocks me. Makes me like it even more. Agree 100%
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, S.Bailey, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,4.02
    donvaughn said:

Ouch sorry. Delete the whole thing if you like. WOW that shocks me. Makes me like it even more. Agree 100%

No need to be sorry, and no, your comments are great, I won't delete them lol. Again, you could be right, ADPs change fast, let's hope he stays 3rd round like though...
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • PDTDTPDTDT February 21
    Great 8, my wife is a Packers fan, I like the Bengals so football season there is a lot of jawing, but can't deny the combo! I think you're bang on.
    my team
    QB Dalton, Palmer
    RB Charles, CJ Spiller, D. Williams, Hillman
    WR K.Thompkins, J.Gordon, Wayne
    TE Cameron, Eiffert
    K Hauschka, Baronas
  • emurrell17 February 21
    I was very surprised! Not as low profile of a guy as I'm used to seeing. Not saying it's a bad call, it's just different. I like the call
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • k0wnedk0wned February 21
    I like him a lot, but in the drafts/mocks I've been so far in he has gone in the 2nd. Wish I could get him at a 3rd round ADP.
  • boobam13boobam13 February 21
    Totally love this concept Smitty, don't get me wrong, I look forward to each time I refresh the site and see a new article, but how much upside can guys like your #10 and #8 have if they are going at #9 and #8 respectively at their position in drafts right now...to me upside means guys that are buy low, under the radar type guys that are not already considered or going as RB1's or WR1's that might out play their draft position. Right now #10 and #8 have to be WR1's this season not to be considered busts...just my 2 cents - not bashing, just asking
    12 Team Dynasty - PPR and IDP
    QB - MStafford, PRivers, MVick, BHoyer
    RB - JCharles, DMartin, AEllington, CMicheal, ABrown, RMendenhall, KDavis, RTurbin, MJames, DLewis, STaylor, MLeashoure, TRiddick, MCox, RWilliams, DJohnson, FWhittaker, COgbonnaya, CWood, JDwyer, RGraham, CGray, MAsiata, ASmith, AAlexander
    WR - ABrown, PHarvin, DHopkins, HNicks, JJernigan, JBoyce, Charles Johnson
    TE - CJordan, BPettigrew, MLewis
    K - Prater
    DL - RQuinn
    LB - VBurfict, DWashington, DButler, DSmith, NBowman, VWilliams
    DB - JCyprien
    TAXI -
    IR -
    2014 Rookie/FA Picks - 1 - 1st, 1 - 2nd, 1 - 3rd, 1 - 4th, 4 - 5ths
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT February 21
    I think any upside is upside. Even if you can get 2nd round value in the 3rd. Do that in every round after the 1st and you win your league. I just want to find every guy that out produces his draft status...even if its only one round.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie February 21
    JRMRRT said:

I think any upside is upside. Even if you can get 2nd round value in the 3rd. Do that in every round after the 1st and you win your league. I just want to find every guy that out produces his draft status...even if its only one round.

Absolutely!  It doesn't have to be a 7th round player who produces 2nd round numbers kind of upside for it to be considered upside.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • boobam13boobam13 February 21
    JRMRRT said:

Totally agree with this comment, no doubt...my point is, currently #10 is going with an average ADP of 16.7 and #8 is 15.3 in dynasty drafts...just outside the 1st round, basically your 2nd round pick. For these two guys to have upside they have to score more than AJ Green, Josh Gordon, Calvin, Dez, Julio, Demary and Alshon Jeffrey...not saying they can't or won't...but for most teams these guys are already being drafted as a teams WR1, not a lot of wiggle room to BOOM!

Again, not bashing or trying to be disrespectful...to me upside is a guy not many are thinking about who could potentially outscore their ADP by a few rounds

example - Cecil Shorts - guy is being drafted as the #38 WR right now...he easily could be in the discussion as a top 20 wr in ppr, upside is huge and the investment is low, I've tried getting #8 and #10 and the asking price is already in the elite WR tier...
    12 Team Dynasty - PPR and IDP
    QB - MStafford, PRivers, MVick, BHoyer
    RB - JCharles, DMartin, AEllington, CMicheal, ABrown, RMendenhall, KDavis, RTurbin, MJames, DLewis, STaylor, MLeashoure, TRiddick, MCox, RWilliams, DJohnson, FWhittaker, COgbonnaya, CWood, JDwyer, RGraham, CGray, MAsiata, ASmith, AAlexander
    WR - ABrown, PHarvin, DHopkins, HNicks, JJernigan, JBoyce, Charles Johnson
    TE - CJordan, BPettigrew, MLewis
    K - Prater
    DL - RQuinn
    LB - VBurfict, DWashington, DButler, DSmith, NBowman, VWilliams
    DB - JCyprien
    TAXI -
    IR -
    2014 Rookie/FA Picks - 1 - 1st, 1 - 2nd, 1 - 3rd, 1 - 4th, 4 - 5ths
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT February 21
    Picking guys that outproduce their ADP by many rounds is so hard too though. A lot of luck involved esp picking 10 of them. Especially the way some people around here point finger when you miss. 

DC Nation Forum Moderator
    Well, I think you need to look at where I'm predicting their ceiling. I'm being called crazy for ranking Allen as top 4-5 out of 2014 WRs, so the prediction is he will be that good. So, not sure how it's not bold when most are considering me ranking him ahead of Marshall and a few NUTS.

And for No. 8, he is liked, but he isn't getting drafted like a top 4-5WR, and his ceiling is inside there. So, I hear ya, 10 and 8 are as bold as 9 in some ways, but the impact is going to be win a league type impact if 10 and 8 do what I say they may do, because they will be WR1s and treated like high end WR2s.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
    Don't mistake the Upside Board for dynasty, it's redraft. If Allen has a redraft ADP right now around 3.10-4.02, and I'm saying he can be top 4, so top 12-15 overall, that's HUGE. That's Dez Bryant the year Dez was a 4th-5th and we called him top 3-4. There are grips of draft slots between Allen's ADP and his ceiling draft slot.

Same for Cobb, just a touch less, as his ADP is near 3.05-3.08.

If both play like top 4-5 WRS, that's huge.  That's no small upside.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! February 21
    Oh didnt realize upside board was redraft
    I did the first mfl redraft last week and grabed k alllen at 3.2 Cobb went 2.7 I think
  • Dynomite February 21
    Haha. I didn't realize it was redraft either. I'm guessing a lot of people are in the same boat.
    Well it's all written for redraft, with 2014 projections, but I'll add some commentary for that.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
Add a Comment