Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• ArtyS February 24
  • chaindog35 February 28
  • donvaughn February 24
  • doodledog February 27
  • draftyinhere February 24
  • emurrell17 February 27
  • Flipper February 24
  • fontaines February 24
  • Go With What You Got!!!! February 24
  • haimez40 February 25
  • Jalane53 February 27
  • JRMRRT February 28
  • Kookaburra February 27
  • LukeB5301 February 25
  • rabidbucfan February 27
  • Shmily February 26
  • SMFFCN February 28
  • Smitty February 24
  • TheHuddle February 28
  • wh0urdady February 28
  • zeeshan2 February 28

Tagged

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12661
  • bddavidson 12286
  • JRMRRT 11277
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7750
  • LukeB5301 7577
  • Smitty 7127
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4725
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4404

Who's Online (6)

• BostonBrowns 12:38PM
  • emurrell17 12:37PM
  • HailMary 12:39PM
  • hawk12 12:37PM
  • SweetLew 12:37PM
  • TheHuddle 12:38PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
Mike Evans will be as good as __________ .
  • SmittySmitty February 24
    PPR, dynasty, compare Evans statistically to someone in the NFL.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! February 24
    V jax the boring choice .. But love that guy won me some leagues over the years
    Those would be strong numbers. VJax is very underrated. Who thinks Evans is going to be top 1-5? Not saying I do, yet, but just curious. I think he is Jimmy Graham capable numbers wise, i think his numbers ill be very, very similar to Graham's... which is a huge big time receiver.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • Go With What You Got!!!!Go With What You Got!!!! February 24
    I don't say top 5 but top 10 could be ...
  • haimez40 February 24
    I see his career being identical to David Boston. Bizarre off field issues and all.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
    Well, Graham ranks around 4-7 when slotted into WRs, depending on the scoring and year you look at, so I think in time, 4-7 isn't crazy, but no way I draft him near that value, again this is all talking just predicting where someone will be, not how much you'd pay, etc.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • fontainesfontaines February 24
    Maybe the receiving numbers similar to graham best case, but the TDs no way. There's just not any high enough scoring teams who are likely landing spots for him.
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT February 24
    I think hes as good as Demaryus Thomas...but DT has Peyton Manning throwing to him so obviously his numbers wont compare.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • SMFFCN February 24
    JRMRRT said:

I think hes as good as Demaryus Thomas...but DT has Peyton Manning throwing to him so obviously his numbers wont compare.

I would agree that their overall talent similar, but in the end I truthfully think Evans is more talented/dominant at the point of attack. I'm seriously underwhelmed whenever I watch Johnny Football's game film, most of his game was Evans ability IMO. Point being, I think the only difference Evan's QB makes is whether he's a top 5-10 or a top 1-5 level WR in the years to come.

I'm betting on a 85 - 1,100 - 10 type rookie campaign.
  • emurrell17 February 24
    Wow. ^
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)
  • SMFFCN February 24
    emurrell17 said:

Wow. ^

Yeah, I'm being overly aggressive in my predictions, but I really think he's that talented/dominant. Could be wrong, who knows. lol
  • ArtySArtyS February 24
    Thomas is definitely faster but interesting comparison 
  • Flipper February 24
    Obviously it's hard to say not knowing where he will land but Evans has a ton of ability and has enough talent to be an eventual top 5.
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere February 24
    I don't know, but after reading this I'm tempted to go Watkins/Evans with my 1.01 and 1.02. Lots could still happen, but...
    Dynasty PPR, 2QB IDP, Return Yardage
    QB: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill, Manuel, Glennon, Keenum
    RB: Gio, L. Bell, CJ2K, L. Miller, P. Thomas, Ellington, Lattimore, L. Murray
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
    TE: Witten, Reed, Cook, Ertz, Kelce
    K: Gostkowski
    DE/DT: Wake, Ware, M. Williams
    LB: D. Johnson, Mayo, Cushing, Timmons
    DB: Honey Badger, Ward, M. Wright, Vaccaro
    draftyinhere said:

I don't know, but after reading this I'm tempted to go Watkins/Evans with my 1.01 and 1.02. Lots could still happen, but...

It's the smart play - for now. Draft Day ALWAYS changes value for running backs, for good or worse, and since most all outlooks are not of the super high variety, 1-2 backs will soon look 1.02 worthy IMO, maybe even 1.01 worthy to some.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 24
    And then Mike Evans goes to the Jets. I'll take the under on 85, 1,100, and 10. He is still going to be a rookie.
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, S.Bailey, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,4.02
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 25
    SMFFCN said:

I'm seriously underwhelmed whenever I watch Johnny Football's game film, most of his game was Evans ability IMO.

Yup I've been saying this for awhile now.. A lot of JFs passes Evans made look amazing and likely saved him from an INT.. JF throws a lot of balls that in the NFL would be picked, but Evans would adjust and then you hear the stupid announcers say how great JF is for the play when Evans saved his aaassssss
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SMFFCN February 25
    LukeB5301 said:

SMFFCN said:

I'm seriously underwhelmed whenever I watch Johnny Football's game film, most of his game was Evans ability IMO.

Yup I've been saying this for awhile now.. A lot of JFs passes Evans made look amazing and likely saved him from an INT.. JF throws a lot of balls that in the NFL would be picked, but Evans would adjust and then you hear the stupid announcers say how great JF is for the play when Evans saved his aaassssss

THIS EXACTLY!!!
  • haimez40 February 25
    I 100% agree with everybody on Evans made JFootball look better than he was, don't want this to be misunderstood.  Is nobody else concerned how many times JFootball had to motivate him on the sidelines though to stop crying and keep his head up?  To me that is kind of a red flag.  He is an absolute beast and with the right QB I agree the sky is the limit but if he went to a suspect locker room it kind of worries me.  I don't think he is bullet proof of landing spot because of this.  I would let it slide if I only saw it in one game, but I know 2 for sure with the biggest one being the bowl game.  IMO Duke D was overrated also.  All that being said I have seen him make plays that made me want him really bad and have no problems saying he is no brainer for 1.2.  I'm on fence for 1.1 though even with his talent.  I have feeling off the field issues might be an issue, playing in Texas things easily get covered up for these kids.  Rickey Williams was concidered normal till he hit the NFL. LOL

Edit: I have also heard he is addicted to working out, like some scouts worry he might be too involved and the bulk could hinder him.  David Boston worked out till he couldn't raise his hands above his head anymore type thing.  That is 100% unreliable info at this point but is floating around so I brought it up anyways.  Can't confirm source as reliable.
    I don't trust Adam Schefter and neither should you!!!
  • ShmilyShmily February 26
    Mike Evans will be as good as Herman Moore.  -Shmily ")
  • Jalane53Jalane53 February 27
    He's more of a hyped up Alshon Jeffery IMO. Both known for attacking the ball and being a big bodied receivers .Off the field issues is in question, Alshon's off field issue was way more of a red flag than Evans which hurt Jeffery's draft stock.
12›
Add a Comment