fantasy football forums

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• branch0095 June 27
  • chaindog35 June 28
  • chuckeycharles June 28
  • donvaughn June 25
  • emurrell17 June 25
  • EverydownBack June 27
  • footballjunkie June 28
  • haimez40 June 27
  • JRMRRT June 25
  • k0wned June 25
  • LukeB5301 June 25
  • rabidbucfan June 26
  • Reisssox June 28
  • sbarone June 28
  • Scorp June 26
  • Shmily June 25
  • Smitty June 25
  • Swampies June 26
  • tmoney June 25
  • Troy_Polamalyourass June 25
  • wh0urdady June 25
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie June 26
  • Wutthecrapman June 25

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13988
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13665
  • JRMRRT 13543
  • Wutthecrapman 10725
  • LukeB5301 8924
  • Smitty 8639
  • BuckysGT 8275
  • garyzab 7118
  • branch0095 5553
  • TBL 5415
  • fontaines 5323

Who's Online (6)

• bddavidson 5:56AM
  • george 5:55AM
  • Mozart 5:54AM
  • Needalife 5:55AM
  • omahabrad 5:54AM
  • vincentjmack 5:56AM

If you are already a DraftCalc Subscriber, hang tight in terms of getting access to FFStarters content... that is in the works. We will keep you posted shortly!

Our Breaking News Wire is up!

Homepage | Ranks | News | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
NEWS: Randall Cobb to lead the league in receptions in 2014?
  • SystemSystem June 25
    NEWS: Randall Cobb to lead the league in receptions in 2014? NEWS: Randall Cobb to lead the league in receptions in 2014?
    http://blog.fantasyfootballstarters.com/news-randall-cobb-lead-league-receptions-2014/

Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb to lead the league in receptions in 2014?

• SmittySmitty June 25
    Thoughts on Cobb? As I state in my 'fantasy take' attached to this piece, 80-90, maybe 95, is the projection for me, but he is certainly capable of leading the league. I think league-leading will be 108-114, which is Calvin and Julio and AJG territory.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn June 25
    Smitty said:

Thoughts on Cobb? As I state in my 'fantasy take' attached to this piece, 80-90, maybe 95, is the projection for me, but he is certainly capable of leading the league. I think league-leading will be 108-114, which is Calvin and Julio and AJG territory.

Sky's the limit. If healthy, I think 80-90 is more of a floor projection.
  • wh0urdady June 25
    donvaughn said:

Smitty said:

Sky's the limit. If healthy, I think 80-90 is more of a floor projection.

I agree with this, as long as he is healthy
    Team 1
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Stacy, R. Jennings,
    WR: Cruz, Allen, Jeffery, Blackmon, Gordon
    TE: J. Thomas

Team 2
    QB: Peyton, McCown, Glennon,
    RB: Spiller, Ball, Pierce, Polk, Todman, Williams, Blue
    WR: Marshall, Gordon, Jeffery, Jennings, Austin, Hartline, A. Sanders, K. Benjamin, Herron, Moncrief, Abbrederis
    TE: M. Bennett, Cook, L. Green
  • Wutthecrapman June 25
    Won't happen. You got guys like Marshall, A. Brown, Wright, Jones, Calvin etc who will vie for that right way ahead of him.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass June 25
    Don't forget Crabtree, who I bet JRMRRT will have better stats than Cobb this year...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE
    Luck, Cutler
    Spiller, L Bell, Tate, Michael, West, Mason
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Watkins,
    Boykin, Kearse, Britt, M Brown, Janis
    Gronk, Cameron, Ebron
    2 2015 1sts
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT June 25
    Troy_Polamalyourass said:

Don't forget Crabtree, who I bet JRMRRT will have better stats than Cobb this year...

Oh yeah...I forgot about that.

• LukeB5301LukeB5301 June 25
    Wutthecrapman said:

Won't happen. You got guys like Marshall, A. Brown, Wright, Jones, Calvin etc who will vie for that right way ahead of him.

Yup, Also With Jordy being there and you know Boykin/Adams/& Maybe even Abberderis will be sprinkled in taking away looks. They're not going to let 1 or both of Jordy/Cobb walk away this year without making sure the young guys are capable of taking over. I think we'll see more of Adams/Boykin then people are expecting.

P.S. don't take any of what I said as not liking Cobb, he will do just fine, I'm just going to find it hard for him to lead the league in receptions.
    My 2014 Predictions:
    [ ] Jordan Matthews Will Win OROY(June 5th)
  • ShmilyShmily June 25
    RCobb should have a great season, but with the addition of a healthy ELacy I don't see him leading the league in receptions.  JJones has my vote. -Shmily ")
  • tmoney June 25
    He won't even lead the NFC North in receptions.
  • k0wnedk0wned June 25
    I think Jordy will have more receptions than Cobb. Jordy is grossly underrated. 
    2014 Bold Predictions (PPR):
    1. Alfred Morris will be a top 5 RB (4/21/14)
    2. Jeremy Hill will be the #1 rookie RB (6/01/14)
  • emurrell17 June 25
    Shmily said:

RCobb should have a great season, but with the addition of a healthy ELacy I don't see him leading the league in receptions.  JJones has my vote. -Shmily ")

JULIO! :D
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • branch0095 June 25
    Cobb probably won't lead the league in receptions, but I think he's a good bet for 100 catches. He was on that pace last year until he got hurt. The Packers may throw the ball a bit less, but the offense still runs through Rodgers. Cobb is going to ball if he stays healthy. 100/1300/10 .
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    I think 80-90 is a safe and still top 10ish type year for him. Double-digit scores, he is in for a big year. I think that factors in a missed game or so as well. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 June 25
    Smitty said:

I think 80-90 is a safe and still top 10ish type year for him. Double-digit scores, he is in for a big year. I think that factors in a missed game or so as well. 

Sounds about right. I think 80 is his absolute floor. I'm not even so sure that he's been such an injury risk that we should factor in missed games. He broke his leg due to a nasty cheap shot last year. Not the type of thing that is going to happen on a continual basis.

In 2012, he did miss the last game of the year. Keep in mind though, Cobb and the Packers organization both stated that he could have played that game. The Packers were not playing for playoff seeding in that game, so they had nothing to play for. Sitting Cobb in week 17 was more of a luxury and insurance for the playoffs.
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • rabidbucfan June 26
    Top 10 very likely.
    A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
  • chuckeycharles June 26
    Not a chance that he leads the league in receptions
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, Gerhart, Ingram, C Michael, L.Murray, Latimore, Pierce, Ballard, Blount, DeAngelo / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - None / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Luck, Wilson, Eli, Locker/ RB - ADP, McCoy, Lynch,T.Rich, Vereen, Latavius, Turbin, Polk, Denard / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Patterson, Hopkins, T.Williams Wayne, D.Moore, Wheaton / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Clay, Rudolph, M.Bennett / K - Walsh / DST - None -----
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie June 26
    Any WR in the NFL has a chance to lead the league in receptions, lol.  If given the opportunity by their QB of course.  There is no reason to state that Cobb couldn't accomplish this feat if given the opportunity.  To say there is no chance is foolish IMO.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • ScorpScorp June 26
    Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

Any WR in the NFL has a chance to lead the league in receptions, lol.  If given the opportunity by their QB of course.  There is no reason to state that Cobb couldn't accomplish this feat if given the opportunity.  To say there is no chance is foolish IMO.

Was going to post something, it didn't work.  So I tried to quote and do it, and it still didn't work, now I cant delete what I started lol.  (And I forgot what I was going to say!)
  • SwampiesSwampies June 26
    Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

I agree Doggie, though I'm one that see GB WR's and NO WR's are very much the same as they both have great QB's but so many weapons to throw to in my mind that it just water them down IMO. I think when you have a QB like Stafford that only has one true guy to throw to each and every time that's how you get a guy that will lead the
    NFL in receptions.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh McCown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • EverydownBackEverydownBack June 27
    Richard Rogers
12›
Add a Comment