fantasy football forums

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• branch0095 June 25
  • DefiantVitreous June 27
  • donvaughn June 27
  • emurrell17 June 26
  • GoWithWhatYouGot June 26
  • Iceman June 26
  • JRMRRT June 26
  • N_Diddy June 27
  • rabidbucfan June 27
  • Shmily June 25
  • SMFFCN June 25
  • Smitty June 25
  • Swampies June 27
  • TBL June 25
  • tmoney June 26

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13987
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13665
  • JRMRRT 13543
  • Wutthecrapman 10725
  • LukeB5301 8924
  • Smitty 8639
  • BuckysGT 8275
  • garyzab 7118
  • branch0095 5553
  • TBL 5415
  • fontaines 5323

Who's Online (6)

• bddavidson 5:56AM
  • george 5:55AM
  • Mozart 5:54AM
  • Needalife 5:55AM
  • omahabrad 5:54AM
  • vincentjmack 5:56AM

If you are already a DraftCalc Subscriber, hang tight in terms of getting access to FFStarters content... that is in the works. We will keep you posted shortly!

Our Breaking News Wire is up!

Homepage | Ranks | News | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
NEWS: Jordan Reed set to breakout in 2014?
  • SystemSystem June 25
    NEWS: Jordan Reed set to breakout in 2014? NEWS: Jordan Reed set to breakout in 2014?
    http://blog.fantasyfootballstarters.com/news-jordan-reed-set-breakout-2014/

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed is set to breakout in 2014? Robert Griffin III could also be in for a big year?

• SmittySmitty June 25
    Who is on the wagon? Roll call!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • TBLTBL June 25
    Love this guy in this offense. I just traded Tate, Cobb and Randolph for Martin, Nicks, Britt and REED. I love Rudolph too but I think Reed has a tad more upside. Fingers crossed for his health.
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    Love this guy in this offense. I just traded Tate, Cobb and Randolph for Martin, Nicks, Britt and REED. I love Rudolph too but I think Reed has a tad more upside. Fingers crossed for his health.

Yep, health is the only issue. It's a concern for sure. But his ceiling is very, very high. So, as I said from the top.. Roll call..

TBL? "Here"

@swampies you present? Others online: @branch0095 @JRMRRT @PDTDT @Shmily @SMFFCN @TexasBornCowboysFan @tmoney
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 June 25
    I love Reed's ability and upside, no doubt about it. The ongoing string of concussions are very concerning for me though. Repeated concussions which lead to long stretches of missed time are the #1 type of injury that I worry about in dynasty leagues. He's had concussion issues going back to college.

Because of that I probably won't own Reed anywhere, at least not right now. His price seems to have his upside cooked into it, but not his risk. Pulling a multi player trade is of course the best way of getting around that, but the prices I've received for Reed are just too high for me right now. Love his potential though!
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • SMFFCN June 25
    If he can be had at the right price, sure, but I'm not overly high on him. He showed some flashes and I have no reason to dislike him other than the gut. Personally, I just don't think he pans out into anyone worth starting on a weekly basis (over currently known starters). 
    //BOLD PREDICTIONS//
    (29 MAR) - Riley Cooper posts a 1,200/10 season and breaks into the top 10
    (28 JUN) - Julio Jones will miss two games and still be the #1 WR this year
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    SMFFCN said:

If he can be had at the right price, sure, but I'm not overly high on him. He showed some flashes and I have no reason to dislike him other than the gut. Personally, I just don't think he pans out into anyone worth starting on a weekly basis (over currently know starters). 

btw, i like your signature. Keep the Coop Train going!

I think the price is right on, Reed. Terrance Williams, Eric Decker, Tony Romo, that's the range he is falling in. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • ShmilyShmily June 25
    Absolutely, I expect great things from this young man.  An easy top 5-10 te this season and if RGIII makes him a favorite target top 3!   ")
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    And where does RG3 rank with everyone? Spit out a Ceiling and Floor. RG3 had top 3 upside before getting hurt. I think he can get back to 4-6 ish for QBs, if not higher. I think 6 is safe, so let's call that his floor (IMO).
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • ShmilyShmily June 25
    Ceiling an easy safe top 4 and floor at 6 with him just being average.  He is insanely talented and if the Redskins can get there players to buy into their roles, RGIII could be a top 1 to 3 quarterback 2014 and beyond.  -Shmily ")
  • GoWithWhatYouGotGoWithWhatYouGot June 26
    Yuuuuup
  • SwampiesSwampies June 26
    Smitty said:

And where does RG3 rank with everyone? Spit out a Ceiling and Floor. RG3 had top 3 upside before getting hurt. I think he can get back to 4-6 ish for QBs, if not higher. I think 6 is safe, so let's call that his floor (IMO).

I have RG3 at #10 for this season with PM,DB,AR,MS,NF,TB,TR,MR,AL all ahead him.

And like Branch said I am right there with him, I had Reed but traded him to get Ertz who I feel will give me the same results if not better without the headache's if you know what I mean!
    And just tell you I had Reed at #8 if he's able to stay on the field with JG,RG,JT,GO,ZE,DP,MB ahead of him.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh McCown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • Iceman June 26
    Very much like Reed, Picked him up late in drafts and on the WW last yr, so my investment is low.  :)>-     RGIII I think is top 6-8 this year, like to see what the new scheme does for him, I think he will be less dynamic and hopefully smarter.
  • DefiantVitreous June 26
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Reed!  I'm going to predict 109 receptions, 1450 yards and 16 TD's.  The guy is $$$$$ this year!
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT June 26
    DefiantVitreous said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Reed!  I'm going to predict 109 receptions, 1450 yards and 16 TD's.  The guy is $$$$$ this year!

Thats bold. I respect your prediction but I would be surprised if any other TE put up Graham/Gronk type numbers this year. Possible though.

• emurrell17 June 26
    Think he's making fun of some people here..
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT June 26
    emurrell17 said:

I know...Thought Id just give a proper response anyway. 

• emurrell17 June 26
    JRMRRT said:

emurrell17 said:

Ah my mistake.
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • tmoney June 26
    I'm projecting
    50 catches, 550 yards 4 tds and 2 concussions.
  • SwampiesSwampies June 26
    imageIf this was Jordon Reed's new Helmet I would feel a lot better!

My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh McCown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • donvaughndonvaughn June 27
    JRMRRT said:

emurrell17 said:

[-X
12›
Add a Comment