Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson January 2013
  • CMZap January 2013
  • DefiantVitreous January 2013
  • FarFromHome January 2013
  • Needalife January 2013
  • Reisssox January 2013
  • TheHuddle January 2013
  • tmoney January 2013
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie January 2013

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13403
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13192
  • JRMRRT 12777
  • Wutthecrapman 10062
  • LukeB5301 8402
  • BuckysGT 8128
  • Smitty 7920
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 5027
  • fontaines 5026
  • branch0095 5004

Who's Online (2)

• branch0095 10:40PM
  • tmoney 10:38PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Pigskin Dynasty League looking for owners for inaugural year
    I know I'm new here, but I wanted to send out an invite to those here at DraftCalc to see if anyone has interest in joining a first year dynasty league that I am going to commish.

http://www10.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/53578#0

16 team league.
    Dynasty.
    Auction.
    IDP.
    70 contract years to divy up for your 35 man roster with a $1050 salary cap.
    Contracts are maximum of 4 years and minimum of 1 year.
    Franchise tag option for expiring contracts.
    Restrict tag option for expiring contracts.
    5 round rookie draft.
    5 man practice squad.

I currently have 9 teams committed and I am on the prowl for 7 more.  The link to the league is above and I encourage everyone to take a trip to the MFL site and take a look around.  Please read the rules and email me directly if you have any questions whatsoever or if you have interest in joining.  My email is: 

I know there are a lot of choices when joining a new league, but I am 100% confident that if you choose to join this league you'll gain a whole new fantasy football experience.

Again, if you have any questions or interest in the league just shoot me an email.

Thanks DC'ers!

- Defiant aka Jason ()
    http://www10.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/53578#0

• FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 2013
    Damn...start test post II....then offer up pigskin dynasty league...no baby steps for you...going hard....your like that girl I picked up at the bar when i was in my twenties and can't get rid of...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • Reisssox January 2013
    FarFromHome said:

Damn...start test post II....then offer up pigskin dynasty league...no baby steps for you...going hard....your like that girl I picked up at the bar when i was in my twenties and can't get rid of...

Lol...good one ffh
    FarFromHome said:

Yeah, but I'm the girl that rocks your socks off and you keep coming back for more. 
  • Reisssox January 2013
    Lol...must be some league...
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie January 2013
    Man on a mission!
    DC Nation Moderator
  • tmoney January 2013
    To be honest, I have been looking for a league like this to join.  However, I would rather not be in another 16 team league, and that's a hefty buy-in for my taste.
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome January 2013
    Vitaminb6?...got a cool story?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter

FarFromHome said:

Vitaminb6?...got a cool story?

Story...yes. Cool story...no.  I'm an eye doctor, so when I was in school, there was a basketball court and I spent a lot of time there.  Well, I guess I was always running around and never tired.  Well, vitamin B6 causes excitability, so everyone called me 'B6'. 

Told you.  Not a cool story.
    tmoney said:

To be honest, I have been looking for a league like this to join.  However, I would rather not be in another 16 team league, and that's a hefty buy-in for my taste.

Well think about.  16 team leagues with large rosters, work very well.  The active lineup requirements allow for very flexible lineups which makes rosters more competitive and opens up additional avenues for trades.  The divisions realign every 4 years to mix up the talent and keep things fresh.  The schedule makes the better teams play an extra game or two against the better teams from the previous year, to allow for more competitiveness across all the teams, so the bottom teams don't flounder on the bottom for years on end.  Please consider it.  Would be glad to have you.
    I have thought about the buy-in a little more and I have reduced it from $150 to $105.  $5 for each team will pay for MFL fees.  100% of the rest of the $1600 will be paid out in the manner described in the bylaws.
  • NeedalifeNeedalife January 2013

How does the QB situation work if there is no roster limit for that position?  Would teams be forced to play weeks with a vacant position if another team rostered 3 or 4 QBs?

Reading all the rules now and it seems like you have things well thought out.  While intense, I've done a similar league (minus the assignment of contract years) but including auction, franchise/transition tags, etc. and really enjoyed it.

2nd question.... do the rookie picks this year get auctioned off?

Thanks

TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
    Needalife said:

How does the QB situation work if there is no roster limit for that position?  Would teams be forced to play weeks with a vacant position if another team rostered 3 or 4 QBs?

Reading all the rules now and it seems like you have things well thought out.  While intense, I've done a similar league (minus the assignment of contract years) but including auction, franchise/transition tags, etc. and really enjoyed it.

2nd question.... do the rookie picks this year get auctioned off?

Thanks

Hi Needalife.  Re: Your questions:

1)  If a team didn't have any QB's on their roster, then they need to either start no QB, trade for a QB or draft a QB in next seasons rookie draft.  Since the inugural draft is an auction, every team has a chance at a QB fairly.  If you leave the draft without one, then you should be strong at other positions and again, could trade for one or draft one in the rookie draft.  But limiting QB's to 2 per team is a dicey situation.

2) Rookie picks, for the 1st year only, are combined in the FA auction.  Starting the 2nd year there will be a separate rookie draft and a separate UFA auction.  The offseason (after the 1st yr) will look like this:

1. declare which player you want to slap the franchise/restricted tag on
    2. franchise/restrict tag auction
    3. rookie draft
    4. UFA auction

Hope that helps!

- Defiant

For what it is worth, I am down to 6 teams remaining.
  • CMZapCMZap January 2013
    I'm in! Looking forward to it!

- CM Zap
    As you know CMZap, I'll send you an invite tonight when I get home.

We are now down to 5 teams remaining.  Come on boyz, get in while the gettin' is good! 
    One more quick question.... roughly when would the draft begin (depending on getting all needed owners obviously)?
    QB - Brees/Luck
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle January 2013
    I would like to do this.  Will email you my information.  

How does the initial auction go?  I've never done this type of format but I am in. Do you have scoring statistics for this scoring format to look @?  

Thanks.
    Needalife said:

One more quick question.... roughly when would the draft begin (depending on getting all needed owners obviously)?

Draft date is not set at this point but I would imagine somewhere around May15th-June 1st.
    Thanks for the info Jason.  I have emailed you 3 final owners for the remaining slots.  Can't wait.  Looks like the makings of a great league.
    QB - Brees/Luck
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • bddavidsonbddavidson January 2013
    post a draft link once you guys get started. Like to watch the draft/auction as you guys proceed.
    DC Nation Moderator
12›
Add a Comment