Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson April 2013
  • chuckeycharles April 2013
  • FarFromHome April 2013
  • LukeB5301 April 2013
  • rickok21 April 2013
  • Smitty April 2013
  • Swampies April 2013
  • tmoney April 2013
  • Troy_Polamalyourass April 2013
  • whansen1202 April 2013

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12549
  • bddavidson 12116
  • JRMRRT 11033
  • Wutthecrapman 9966
  • BuckysGT 7653
  • LukeB5301 7407
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6964
  • TBL 4673
  • fontaines 4389
  • branch0095 4300

Who's Online (3)

• donvaughn 4:29AM
  • PDTDT 4:28AM
  • RonJenkins 4:30AM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
The Appreciation Thread
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman
    I know we have a section of testimonials out there, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been helped by Smitty and the gang.

Awhile back Smitty helped me out with a few trades here and there. With his help I was able to land Nicks for Boldin and change. He advised me to draft Jimmy Graham 1st in a keepers prior to his explosion, when many thought I was nuts in my cookie league. Told me to draft Russell Wilson, CJ Spiller and not look back. In years past helped me turn Rashard Mendenhall at his peak into MJD. I'm more than likely missing a bunch more but you get the gist of it.

We all have a great time here and joke around with each other too, sometimes we/me behave like asses but for the most part get along. I just wanted to take a few seconds of my day to say thanks. It doesn't go unnoticed. Not only to him but everyone else here with there input, its greatly appreciated even if its not even told.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301
    Agree.. I remember getting laughed at for taking Graham 1.6 that year in my rookie fa draft.. jokes on them
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Smitty handed me 3 consecutive championships in a 16 team keeper league, by having me draft Adrian Peterson with the 4th overall selection (that year, each team only had two keepers, so I had plenty of studs to choose from).

WTCM had me do everything possible to get Gronk before he blew up...

Many of you have attempted to help me with terrible addiction (trading)....me and my family thank you tremendously....

12 Team PPR Dynasty

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE

Luck, Cutler
    Spiller, L Bell, Richardson, Ridley, Michael, Tate, B Pierce
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Britt, Shorts, Floyd (AZ), M Brown
    Gronk, JT, Cameron
    1.7, 1.8, 1.10, 1.11
  • tmoneytmoney
    Smitty's call on Cruz won me a couple of championships two seasons ago, that and Jimmy Graham. I've been laughed and had eyebrows raised over picks and trades, but it's all worth it at the end of the season.
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome
    not only does smitty help in fantasy football related issues he helps in other areas...about three months ago my babysitter cancelled on me...had a big date planned and was really in need of help...I private messaged smitty and he was at my house within 8 hours with a prepared meal in Tupperware containers for my kids and a nice collection of age appropriate dvds...my kids loved him!!!...thanks godfather!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • whansen1202whansen1202
    I also want to appreciate the fact that this site is so up to date with projections, rankings, fresh content........all year.  There's a reason why I check this site daily, cause I know there's always something new to chew over, with stellar content that is bold, yet prudently reasoned. 
  • rickok21
    FarFromHome said:

not only does smitty help in fantasy football related issues he helps in other areas...about three months ago my babysitter cancelled on me...had a big date planned and was really in need of help...I private messaged smitty and he was at my house within 8 hours with a prepared meal in Tupperware containers for my kids and a nice collection of age appropriate dvds...my kids loved him!!!...thanks godfather!!!

:))

How is it that Arian Foster hasn't been mentioned yet?  

So much about that Arian Foster call was impressive.  How early he called it, how right he was, and then his insistence on sticking with him vs. attempting an upgrade.  
  • chuckeycharles
    Thanks to Smitty I own Wilson and Cruz, directly because of his write-ups. There are probaby more that I haven't remembered in my D-League. And Spiller for sure in my keeper league

Thank you Smitty.... we love you man... in an appopriate way of course. :x
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Wilson, Eli, Keenum, Locker, Cousins / RB - ADP, McCoy, T.Rich, Lynch, Vereen, Turbin, Rainey, Latavius / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Fitz, Harvin, Hopkins, D.Moore, Patterson / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Rudolph, M.Bennett, Clay / K - Crosby / DST - Bills -----
  • SmittySmitty
    Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. Without you guys and this hardcore insanely-active forum and group of users, DC wouldn't exist! So thank you! And the Mods! JR, BDD, MHM, Doggie, WTCM, and the rest of ya from  chuckey to Luke, to Fontaines to Buckeys, Packman and TBL. I could go on and one, and please take no offense if I can't name you all. Insane group!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com

FEB is Zombie Month on DC | Get your Zombie Avatar at the SKETCHSTORE!

• tmoneytmoney
    We're definitely insane.
  • SmittySmitty
    Yep, what other 3,000 user forum generates over 250 posts per day? And much of that was actually when we were sub 1000 forum users. Imagine when August hits and we double that 3000! You all rock!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com

FEB is Zombie Month on DC | Get your Zombie Avatar at the SKETCHSTORE!

• SwampiesSwampies
    Ancient Smitty secret I always say! Like i said to Smitty before i'lll tell everyone I know about DC except those in my league. Nothing better than DC and that's because of you Smitty:)
    ( my league already thinks I've lost it with trades I've made) I can only wait until the season starts before I'll be in the green like most of you here at DC)
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • bddavidsonbddavidson
    Build it and they will come.....Thanks Smitty!
    DC Nation Moderator
Add a Comment