Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bmxholden1 November 26
  • branch0095 November 25
  • donvaughn November 26
  • emurrell17 November 25
  • garyzab November 24
  • jknighton November 24
  • Metalgod November 25
  • MrMarbles November 25
  • NA12 November 24
  • Smitty November 24
  • Swampies November 26
  • TheHuddle November 25

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 11924
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • bddavidson 10789
  • Wutthecrapman 9171
  • BuckysGT 7485
  • LukeB5301 7163
  • garyzab 6865
  • Smitty 6078
  • TBL 4450
  • fontaines 3843
  • branch0095 3759

Who's Online (1)

• MacVic18 10:01AM

Our OLD forum is back, baby!

Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
vereen's time!!
  • MetalgodMetalgod November 25
    emurrell17 said:

branch0095 said:

emurrell17 said:

So are we retracting these statements boys?

I'm not, I think he's still a STUD in PPR. We haven't seen any of the big plays yet out of him, and they will come. He's had a few opportunities over the past two games that didn't work out due in large part to the cast on his hand. If ~15pts is his PPR floor then Im very happy .

I agree. I feel like I'm one of the only people who are happy with his usage.

With all these touches he will eventually break a few imo. Just in time for all ppr playoffs!
  • bmxholden1bmxholden1 November 25
    Playing in a real game versus just working out is 2 different animals - Vereen will get better every week as he gets his game legs back, he'll be quicker and faster, and will break out again, just in time to take us to glory
  • branch0095 November 25
    bmxholden1 said:

Playing in a real game versus just working out is 2 different animals - Vereen will get better every week as he gets his game legs back, he'll be quicker and faster, and will break out again, just in time to take us to glory

This is my thought. He's been out for close to 3 months and has a cast on his hand. He will improve as we move on, and the home run plays will come.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • donvaughndonvaughn November 26
    I'm a Pats fan guys. I can tell you Belichick has loved Vereen more than Ridley since the beginning. He wants Vereen to be to the Kevin Faulk/Danny Woodhead role and have another rb to be the power guy between the tackles. The issue is that guy might not be on the roster so Vereen may get a bump this year. Look for Vereen to be solid every game and a PPR monster, but td lacking. IMO he'll never be a workhorse or a 3 down back. Those days are long gone in the NFL.
    12 team redraft non-ppr.
    QB-Rodgers, McCown, Glennon
    RB-Lacy, Vereen, Ridley
    WR-Calvin, Jordy, Gordon, Percy, Cooper
    TE-Graham
    K-Crosby
    D/ST-KC, CLE
  • bmxholden1bmxholden1 November 26
    Thankfully on the Pats he can produce like a low end RB1 while being in a RBBC, and if he inherits more workhorse carries if othe backs drop to injury or a case of te dropsies, he immediately is a RB1.
  • Swampies November 26
    donvaughn said:

I'm a Pats fan guys. I can tell you Belichick has loved Vereen more than Ridley since the beginning. He wants Vereen to be to the Kevin Faulk/Danny Woodhead role and have another rb to be the power guy between the tackles. The issue is that guy might not be on the roster so Vereen may get a bump this year. Look for Vereen to be solid every game and a PPR monster, but td lacking. IMO he'll never be a workhorse or a 3 down back. Those days are long gone in the NFL.

thought you would like this one!

You hear Steven Ridley tried to commit suicide? The good news is that he fumbled the gun so he is fine.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy,
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Robert Woods, Kenny Stills
    TE J Reed, M. Bennett
    DEF Kansas City, Giants, Eagles
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • donvaughndonvaughn November 26
    Ugghh. Too soon lol
    12 team redraft non-ppr.
    QB-Rodgers, McCown, Glennon
    RB-Lacy, Vereen, Ridley
    WR-Calvin, Jordy, Gordon, Percy, Cooper
    TE-Graham
    K-Crosby
    D/ST-KC, CLE
Add a Comment