Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson December 8
  • boobam13 December 8
  • branch0095 December 8
  • chuckeycharles December 8
  • donvaughn December 8
  • dunlap13 December 9
  • emurrell17 December 8
  • FarFromHome December 8
  • garyzab December 8
  • jamesrock December 9
  • NA12 December 8
  • pemo December 8
  • rhinos00 December 9
  • Smitty December 8
  • TD_Vulture December 9
  • tmoney December 9
  • Wutthecrapman December 8
  • zeeshan2 December 9

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12072
  • bddavidson 11080
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9528
  • BuckysGT 7527
  • LukeB5301 7163
  • garyzab 6982
  • Smitty 6279
  • TBL 4461
  • fontaines 3911
  • branch0095 3879

Who's Online (5)

• fontaines 10:23AM
  • footballjunkie 10:24AM
  • Swampies 10:24AM
  • Troy_Polamalyourass 10:22AM
  • Wutthecrapman 10:23AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Gronk Injured?!?
  • branch0095 December 8
    garyzab said:

branch0095 said:

I tried to trade AJG+ for Gronk/Jeffrey earlier this week. I'm glad the other owner declined. 

I would still buy Gronk if his price goes down considerably after this. 6-8 games of his production is still valuable, as long as you arent paying for 16 games of production.

Unless his value drops like a rock I don't see the value in Gronk, Branch.  With guys like Reed, Clay, Cameron, Juice, Housler, Wright etc. I wouldn't bother.  He is as much a liability as he is valuable IMO. 

This is where we differ. The names you listed are nice TE's with a lot of upside, but there are only 2TEs in the game that give you a consistent advantage at the position. Gronk and Graham. Like I said, I won't pay full Gronk prices, but it seems like I'd still be willing to invest more in Gronk than you would. 
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • garyzabgaryzab December 8
    branch0095 said:

garyzab said:

branch0095 said:

I tried to trade AJG+ for Gronk/Jeffrey earlier this week. I'm glad the other owner declined. 

I would still buy Gronk if his price goes down considerably after this. 6-8 games of his production is still valuable, as long as you arent paying for 16 games of production.

Unless his value drops like a rock I don't see the value in Gronk, Branch.  With guys like Reed, Clay, Cameron, Juice, Housler, Wright etc. I wouldn't bother.  He is as much a liability as he is valuable IMO. 

This is where we differ. The names you listed are nice TE's with a lot of upside, but there are only 2TEs in the game that give you a consistent advantage at the position. Gronk and Graham. Like I said, I won't pay full Gronk prices, but it seems like I'd still be willing to invest more in Gronk than you would. 
     If you can get Gronk cheap, I am with you.  However, I wouldn't set my team back for him and would prefer to roll with a guy like Cameron. 
    DC6

Qb RG3, Locker
    Wr DT, Shorts, Givens, Austin, Harper, Stills, Vince Brown, TJ Graham
    Rb Forte, Reggie Bush, Vereen, Turbin, Pead, LMJ
    Te Davis, Cameron, Myers
    K Blair Walsh
    Def Packers, Patriots
  • jamesrockjamesrock December 8
    bddavidson said:

jamesrock said:

garyzab said:

jamesrock said:

boobam13 said:

It didnt look good but the NFL wont let players hit anywhere else...this is going to keep happening...

I don't think the rule changes forced this hit.  It was a low blow and completely avoidable.

The rule change absolutely forced that hit.  Had he gone high he would have been flagged, fined, and possibly suspended.  If you can't go high, you go low. 

So heads and knees are the only targets on a tackle?  NFL has no choice but to regulate hits to the head because the science on concussions is producing an existential threat to the business of football. 

dont think anyone is saying they are aiming for the knees but with the speed of the game going low equals more acl/knee and ankle injuries...DB dont get fined for thoses..

I guess it's impossible to know, but looks to me like he went low intentionally.  No attempt to wrap up was even made.  That's why I think it's a dirty (if legal) hit.  Ward simply was not in position to make a clean tackle, so he went for the knees instead.  That's what most DBs do with Gronk.

Ummmm... so I lost AP and Gronk today in my D-League below. Fortunately I had a bye this week

If you look at my team, I am sure that you will agree that the loss of Gronk is more harmful to my championship drive.

So my question is... Where do I send my money to help pay for a Mafia hit on that Browns DB?

Mind you, I am only part way kidding... 
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - J McCown, Ryan / RB - Tate, A. Brown, L.Bell, Rainey, D.Martin (IR) / WR - Hilton, Harvin, Edleman, Sanders / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers, Raiders / K - Hauschka ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Wilson, Eli, Keenum, Locker, McGloin / RB - ADP, McCoy, T.Rich, Lynch, Vereen, Turbin, Rainey / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Fitz, Harvin, Hopkins, D.Moore, Patterson / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Rudolph, M.Bennett, Clay / K - Crosby / DST - Bucx, Bills -----
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 8
    TJ Ward? Some say its a clean hit...

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • emurrell17 December 8
    Wutthecrapman said:

Saw the post game interview with ward. I liked how he handled it..very professional. Said he wished gronk well before he got carted off and swore to him that he never had the intention of hurting him. Joe Haden backed him up by acknowledging how many times some of them have been fined for hits to the head (3 for ward) and how much money that costs and how it can lead to suspension. They basically said "hey man look. I'm really sorry he got hurt. But i feel like if I do anything except play the way I was playing when I made that tackle, then I'm gonna get F***ed by the league." I think it's a valid point.
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • NA12NA12 December 8
    What a devastating injury. I still am in shock. Not only for my fantasy run but poor Gronk. He seems to always have strings of bad luck.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson December 8
    emurrell17 said:

Wutthecrapman said:

Saw the post game interview with ward. I liked how he handled it..very professional. Said he wished gronk well before he got carted off and swore to him that he never had the intention of hurting him. Joe Haden backed him up by acknowledging how many times some of them have been fined for hits to the head (3 for ward) and how much money that costs and how it can lead to suspension. They basically said "hey man look. I'm really sorry he got hurt. But i feel like if I do anything except play the way I was playing when I made that tackle, then I'm gonna get F***ed by the league." I think it's a valid point.

The NFL has caused this ..what are DBs to do not tackle?
    DC Nation Moderator
  • emurrell17 December 8
    bddavidson said:

emurrell17 said:

Wutthecrapman said:

The NFL has caused this ..what are DBs to do not tackle?

I know the NFL is in a tough position, but I feel like the safety issues need to be worked out via equipment, not style of play..
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 8
    I say bring back flag football. So much safer.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • branch0095 December 8
    Wutthecrapman said:

Don't worry, we're almost there. Give it a few more seasons...
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
    Oooopppps.... Guess I was a little over the line with my Mafia hit suggestion
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - J McCown, Ryan / RB - Tate, A. Brown, L.Bell, Rainey, D.Martin (IR) / WR - Hilton, Harvin, Edleman, Sanders / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers, Raiders / K - Hauschka ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Wilson, Eli, Keenum, Locker, McGloin / RB - ADP, McCoy, T.Rich, Lynch, Vereen, Turbin, Rainey / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Fitz, Harvin, Hopkins, D.Moore, Patterson / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Rudolph, M.Bennett, Clay / K - Crosby / DST - Bucx, Bills -----
  • jamesrockjamesrock December 9
    branch0095 said:

Wutthecrapman said:

Don't worry, we're almost there. Give it a few more seasons...

Something else to consider is the general transition from grass to turf. The huge majority ACL injuries are non-contact, and happen more frequently on turf.

They gotta figure something out, because the high hits are never coming back.
  • TD_Vulture December 9
    Hell, what are we taught from the minute we start learning this game as kids?? Take their legs out and they will fall. Never tackle high. You can watch the replay 100 times but you cannot get the sense of actually being on the field and making that tackle. He see's someone catching the ball with his guy right behind him so he took the legs out. Tackle high and he most likely doesn't make the play first off and secondly has a really good chance to get fined. It sucks for any player to have a season ending injury. Without completely taking tackling out of the game you will continue to see this for years to come. Hopefully Gronk can come back from this and be 100% at some point next season.
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 December 9
    Tore his ACL and MCL :(
  • tmoneytmoney December 9
    This whole, I don't want to hit a guy high and get fined, is a bunch of crap.  There's at least a 4 foot target between the knees and the head to hit.
  • dunlap13dunlap13 December 9
    Yes but at higj speed its harder than it sounds. And if he were to hit him with his shoulder in the ribs, id almost guarantee a flag wouldve been thrown.
    Peyton Manning

Cj Spiller, Lamar Miller, Le'veon Bell, bernard pierce,Shane Vereen,
    BJGE, Johnathan Franklin, Ben Tate,

Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb,Josh Gordon,
    TY Hilton, Alshon Jefferey, Chris Givens, Mike Williams

Jared Cook, Jordan Reed
  • rhinos00 December 9
    TD_Vulture said:

Hell, what are we taught from the minute we start learning this game as kids?? Take their legs out and they will fall. Never tackle high. You can watch the replay 100 times but you cannot get the sense of actually being on the field and making that tackle. He see's someone catching the ball with his guy right behind him so he took the legs out. Tackle high and he most likely doesn't make the play first off and secondly has a really good chance to get fined. It sucks for any player to have a season ending injury. Without completely taking tackling out of the game you will continue to see this for years to come. Hopefully Gronk can come back from this and be 100% at some point next season.

Thank you! I was going to say the same thing. You're always taught to go for the legs, especially when a player is significantly bigger than you...we were taught this as early as peewee football. What was Ward supposed to do? Go head on and hit him in the torso or upper body? He would been the getting carted off the field, or worse yet, fined for going high. 

I love football, but the NFL really is making it frustrating to watch these games. I mean you have QBs purposely throwing over the middle knowing that either the DBs will let the WR catch the ball or that a flag will be thrown. I don't know if any of you watched the game, but the TD catch Edelman had before the onsides was a disgrace. How the hell do you call unnecessary roughness hitting a defenseless receiver when he freakin' caught the TD pass?!? More so, the DB hit him in the upper torso with his shoulder pad. The refs see a big hit and they automatically throw the flag...shame.

Sorry to derail this thread, but as much I love watching offensive explosions (for fantasy purposes), I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to be a DB in today's game. Not only are you getting penalized, but you're livelihood is at stake on every play with the amount of fines the NFL is putting on these players. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.
  • jamesrockjamesrock December 9
    rhinos00 said:

I mean you have QBs purposely throwing over the middle knowing that either the DBs will let the WR catch the ball or that a flag will be thrown.

This is definitely true, and really inflames everything.
  • rhinos00 December 9
    jamesrock said:

rhinos00 said:

I mean you have QBs purposely throwing over the middle knowing that either the DBs will let the WR catch the ball or that a flag will be thrown.

This is definitely true, and really inflames everything.

What really gets me going is the moment a WR or QB gets hit, they throw up their arms looking for flags. I am a soccer fan admittedly, but one thing that always got me was the incredible amount of flopping and acting that goes on during games. I'm starting to see this on Sundays and all I can do is shake my head.

Relating back to the thread, I really do feel bad for Gronk. Such a beast, but he just can't see to stay healthy. At least guys like AP and Thomas Davis (3 torn ACLs!) came back and played at a high level...hopefully he can do the same.
Add a Comment