Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 6
  • BuckysGT February 3
  • chuckeycharles February 3
  • DefiantVitreous February 1
  • donvaughn February 3
  • emurrell17 February 1
  • fontaines February 1
  • HailMary February 1
  • haimez40 February 2
  • k0wned February 2
  • LukeB5301 February 1
  • nevilleknows February 1
  • PDTDT February 2
  • Reisssox February 1
  • Smitty February 2
  • Swampies February 6

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12661
  • bddavidson 12271
  • JRMRRT 11273
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7746
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7113
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4723
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4404

Who's Online (6)

• Dynomite 11:36PM
  • emurrell17 11:36PM
  • hawk12 11:36PM
  • SMFFCN 11:35PM
  • Smitty 11:33PM
  • zildjian 11:35PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Samsung 4K TV?
  • bddavidsonbddavidson
    i am looking for a new TV and have narrowed it down to either a Samsung 6700 #3d TV or the 4K version anyone here have any thoughts?there is a huge price difference and what worry's me is the ability of  the 4k version is awesome but there is no 4k media nowadays is the upgrade worth the extra dough today? or should one wait a couple of years to get the 4k technology? but the picture on both tvs are awesome just the 4k is so unreal! 
    DC Nation Moderator
  • emurrell17 February 1
    Unless something gets broadcasted in 4k you won't be able to watch it in the high quality will you? I mean most channels don't even broadcast in 1080p yet I don't think
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 1
    I don't see a point in 4k and I'm not a fan of 3D ii either... In totally fine with a nice 60in LED for cheap
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • Reisssox February 1
    Get it at best buy. I have been looking at a couple as well. I was told on the 3d they use a chip and if you purchase with them you get a 5 yr guarantee. Meaning if the technology changes they will keep you updated for 5yrs.
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 1
    Reisssox said:

Get it at best buy. I have been looking at a couple as well. I was told on the 3d they use a chip and if you purchase with them you get a 5 yr guarantee. Meaning if the technology changes they will keep you updated for 5yrs.

I've never heard of this.. Not saying you're wrong I've just never heard of it.. I also find it hard to believe any company would offer that... Technology changing every 5mins is how they make their money.... But again, I could be wrong
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • Reisssox February 1
    Samsung 3d tv....no just making it up for fun...you that cim card in your cell? They can do anything today with it...they don't give these things away either. ..you pay for new technology. ..heck they give big screen HD tvs away now....for what I paid 3 yrs ago I can buy 4 now
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 1
    my thinking as i really like the newest technology is  that i am ahead of the curve(4k) and wont have to update a tv for aleast 5 to 7 years but the price of a 3d is 2000 and 4k is 4500..ouch 
    DC Nation Moderator
  • HailMaryHailMary February 1
    Buy the 3d. By the time you can use the 4k you'll want a new tv. I've been down that road a dozen times. :)
    Reisssox said:

what have you looked at? what ur thoughts on the 3d's vs the 4k picture?
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Reisssox February 1
    Sorry wife said it was 4K that also does 3d... $4500 ...Samsung. ..
  • Reisssox February 1
    I am going back for that tv...very soon
  • nevilleknowsnevilleknows February 1
    I also like to go with the newest technology since I don't usually see a point in buying something outdated. But in this case I think you have to look at the practicality of having a 4K tv, which you won't have any 4K programming for IMO at least 1-2 years for the public. I have a cousin who does the set ups for TV networks and they're all switching to 4K, but I still think it will be a bit before we get those broadcasts at home. 

Second is the price, for the cost of a 3D compared to a 4K right now in a year or two you could purchase the 4K for the same price point as the 3D. (spend the $2000 now and $2000 in two years you're still ahead $500 and have an extra TV)

Lastly my own personal opinion is that 3D is a gimmick that doesn't work as well at home as in theatres. Some might use it more than others say if you have children, but I've used mine maybe twice in 3 years. 

As a recommendation, one of my favourite TV's is the Pannasonic Plasma's great quality and they have a dumbed down version of smart TV's on them with access to Netflix and Youtube which is all I really need from my TV. Only problem is they stopped making them in the new year so if you can still find one around i'd definitely snatch it up. (I believe the 50 inch was $899 in Canada)
    Reisssox said:

Sorry wife said it was 4K that also does 3d... $4500 ...Samsung. ..

so which did u buy?
    DC Nation Moderator
    also i can the 4k in a 55 icnh for the same price asthe 65 inch samsung 3d..i have a 55 inch now but those of you that have a 65 is it that much better for  the extra 10 inches?
    DC Nation Moderator
  • DefiantVitreous
    If you don't buy the best technology, you'll kick yourself later.  Buy the 4K as it has 3D as well.

Best thing is probably wait until April 1st when the new models come out as these current models will drop in price.
    DefiantVitreous said:

If you don't buy the best technology, you'll kick yourself later.  Buy the 4K as it has 3D as well.

Best thing is probably wait until April 1st when the new models come out as these current models will drop in price.

lol i hear ya DV
    DC Nation Moderator
  • SmittySmitty February 1
    Man, i love technology more than most. I am going to wait, though. Prices will drop fast soon enough. TV as we know it won't be near the same in 10 years, things change so fast, as the picture will some day be a hologram I think. Maybe in less than 10 years, a 10x4 section of the corner of your room will be left as "TV Hologram" space, where the picture will be 4 feet deep of projecting and kids will say "Mom, get out of the screen" when she walks through the movie to go do laundry. :) It's coming.

But, you can't not buy things in fear they will just improve, because things will always improve. If you wait to buy an iphone 5s because you're afraid they will just come out with the 6, well, you're right, but you will always be waiting then.

I still wait a bit, as prices should drop a ton.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • fontainesfontaines February 1
    Everything I'm hearing says to wait on 4k tvs. I actually generally refuse to buy new technology when it comes out. Software issues and bugs make a lot of things troublesome, and with new tech it's likely they're not building them effieciently and they're overpriced. Why buy something today for 5 grand when you can wait, let other consumers work out bugs and risk their money on tech that might not even "stick" (remember HD vs Bluray?) and save money in the process.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • fontainesfontaines February 1
    BTW, the trend nowadays in business is to no longer "beta test" a product, rather to release it and let the consumers pay for it sooner and work out the bugs as you go. Just my opinion, I started realizing this when versions of iOS (generally the best built software I could imagine) were coming out buggy as heck.
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
    Another thing is if you're buying the 4K hoping it'll last the test of time, you'd be mistaken. As soon as OLED becomes affordable it will far surpass these current 4K tv's since all they have is a higher pixel density. 

Currently I also find the OLED's to have better picture quality at 1080p, and when they become main stream they should be 4K OLEDs. 

Buying a 4K is like putting rims on your Corolla, getting an OLED is like buying a Bently.
    But ultimately it all comes down to your financial position. I wouldn't spend the extra money personally, but with all the money in the world I'm going to buy the newest technology always.

As regards to 55 vs 65, it depends mostly on you're room size but since the 4K's have higher pixel density you can sit a lot close to them, which could make a 55 feel like 65 if you get my drift.
Add a Comment