Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 6
  • BuckysGT February 3
  • chuckeycharles February 3
  • DefiantVitreous February 1
  • donvaughn February 3
  • emurrell17 February 1
  • fontaines February 1
  • HailMary February 1
  • haimez40 February 2
  • k0wned February 2
  • LukeB5301 February 1
  • nevilleknows February 1
  • PDTDT February 2
  • Reisssox February 1
  • Smitty February 2
  • Swampies February 6

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12750
  • bddavidson 12351
  • JRMRRT 11541
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7810
  • LukeB5301 7659
  • Smitty 7299
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4758
  • fontaines 4595
  • branch0095 4498

Who's Online (10)

• branch0095 9:28PM
  • emurrell17 9:29PM
  • jessejanderson 9:26PM
  • JRMRRT 9:29PM
  • meast 9:26PM
  • MikeOcherts 9:29PM
  • Smitty 9:27PM
  • tmoney 9:28PM
  • troyg97 9:29PM
  • zeeshan2 9:27PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Samsung 4K TV?
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 1
    looks like cost effective OLED are a few years away.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • nevilleknowsnevilleknows February 1
    Same could be said about actually making use of a 4K TV.

Again it all comes down to $ if you have it spend it, but if thats the tipping point I don't see a need.
    nevilleknows said:

Same could be said about actually making use of a 4K TV.

Again it all comes down to $ if you have it spend it, but if thats the tipping point I don't see a need.

so neville you think the picture of a HD 3D smart Tv picture is comparable to 4k at this time? i am not a tech guy is why i ask..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Reisssox February 1
    Not yet BD. ...but I am looking at getting Samsung 4k
  • nevilleknowsnevilleknows February 1
    Definitely comparable, side by side the 4K is going to pop more, but the human eye can only see so much. 

A lot of it depends on screen size and room size as well if you're sitting close to your TV a LED will seem more pixilated than 4K but at normal viewing distances you probably won't notice a difference once its in your home.

The price point is what makes the decision for me. I think 4K is just a blip on that radar as OLED is going to be the TV to buy, and should also have 4K capability. Companies also count on early adopters like us as Fontaines mentioned to get all the kinks out and cover their start up costs for expensive new tech (although sometimes I just can't help but want the shiniest new toy).

I'll let someone more experienced put it better as well:

I look at 4K the same way I look at full electric cars: You can buy one today, but the infrastructure is lacking. With 4K, there's no full standard for transmission, and no serious sources. OLED will make all current material look better, with the potential of 4K resolutions later." -- Gary Merson, Editor, HDGuru.com.

• SwampiesSwampies February 1
    I would have bought a 60" Samsung TV myself but it was just a little out of my price range during the holidays. I wanted to save a little and bought a 55" Vizio WiFi Smart LED TV instead and used the money I saved to get a a really good wall bracket. My friends have 3D TV and they all say it's a waste because they never use it. I love the WiFi Smart TV because of all the apps you can download on it and it makes it much easier watching Netflix and YouTube!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)

Samsung - 65" Class (64-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 240Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV

Model: UN65F7100AFXZA

SKU: 8238048

this is what i am looking at! or the 4k samsung which i think having talking with you guys not worth the extra cash at this time

what the new linesof plasma TVS?
    DC Nation Moderator
  • k0wnedk0wned February 1
  • SwampiesSwampies February 1
    If anything this is the best time to buy a TV unless it's Black Friday!
    Here is a 65" Samsung TV at BJ's with $870.00 off which will bring it well below $2000

Home > Electronics > Televisions > TVs

view larger image

watch
    video
    Share this Product ShareThis
    Samsung 65" Smart LED 1080p 120Hz Wi-Fi Web Browser
    Item: 153501248 | Model: UN65F6350

(1 reviews)
    Read Reviews Write a Review
    $870.00 INSTANT SAVINGS
    Estimated Delivery: 3-5 Business Days
    List Price: $2,469.99
    See price at checkout
    Shipping Included
    Quantity:

Wish list email a friend print this page
    This item may be available at your local BJ's club. Please visit your club for product availability.
    descriptionspecificationsreviews (1)shipping + returns
    Online Instant Savings are available only for online purchases from BJs.com.
    Offer valid until February 07, 2014 or while supplies last.

This Samsung 65" Smart HDTV featues 1080p resolution with 120Hz refresh rate and Clear Motion 240 for immersive fast-action entertainment with twice the resolution of standard HDTVs and the ability to display clear and crisp fast-action images with a detailed blur-free picture. With 2 built-in speakers, you'll enjoy surround sound audio that optimizes the TV sound quality. Smart Hub organizes your entertainment in 5 convenient panels: On TV, Movies and TV Shows, Social Apps and a panel for your Photos, Videos, and Music. Smart TV lets you navigate within the 5 Smart Hub content panels to discover movies, shows, social posts with less searching and more watching. A dual core processor makes browsing and downloading apps quick and easy with the built-in full Web browser. Enjoy total convenience with the universal remote control (batteries included). The S-Recommendation feature utilizes voice interaction to find things to watch and get program suggestions. And, Smart Interaction 2.0 lets you talk along with hand gestures to control your TV. Best yet, you'll enjoy environmentally friendly viewing and cost-effective savings with this ENERGY STAR qualified HDTV. Use the 4 HDMI ports to connect a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, PC portable devices, new generation tablets and other HDMI-compatible devices (not included).

Product Features:

65" class LED screen measures 64.9" diagonally with a slim design that complements your home or office
    1080p HD resolution fora clear picture iwth vibrant colors and images
    120Hz refresh rate and Clear Motion Rate 240 for amazing clarity
    2 built-in speakers provide surround sound audio that optimizes the TV sound quality
    Smart Hub organizes your entertainment in 5 convenient panels: On TV, Movies and TV Shows, Social Apps and a panel for your Photos, Videos, and Music
    Smart TV lets you easily search for movies, TV shows, explore Samsung Apps, chat with friends and find many other types of interactive TV content
    Dual Core Processor makes browsing and downloading apps quick and easy
    Built-in Wi-Fi and a full Web browser makes it easy to surf the Internet on the big screen
    AllShare Play feeds content from your other digital devices to your HDTV screen
    Smart Touch universal remote control (batteries included) boast an S-Recommendation feature that utilizes voice interaction to find things to watch and get program suggestions
    Smart Interaction 2.0 lets you talk along with hand gestures to control your TV*
    Connections: 3 USB ports, 4 HDMI inputs, 1 component video input, 1 composite video input and 1 audio output
    Exceeds ENERGY STAR 6.0 standards to reduce energy consumption
    Includes LED, universal remote control, batteries, power cord and owner's guideWarranty: 1 year parts and labor (90 days for commercial use) with in-home service backed by Samsung toll-free support

(Model UN65F6350)*Requires Skype camera (sold separately)

Click for details.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    K Steven Hauschka

• PDTDTPDTDT February 2
    bddavidson said:

also i can the 4k in a 55 icnh for the same price asthe 65 inch samsung 3d..i have a 55 inch now but those of you that have a 65 is it that much better for  the extra 10 inches?

Hahaha, ask the Mrs.!
    Couldn't resist.
    my team
    QB Dalton, Palmer
    RB Charles, CJ Spiller, D. Williams, Hillman
    WR K.Thompkins, J.Gordon, Wayne
    TE Cameron, Eiffert
    K Hauschka, Baronas
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 2
    PDTDT said:

bddavidson said:

also i can the 4k in a 55 icnh for the same price asthe 65 inch samsung 3d..i have a 55 inch now but those of you that have a 65 is it that much better for  the extra 10 inches?

Hahaha, ask the Mrs.!
    Couldn't resist.

:P
    DC Nation Moderator
    i ended up getting the 65 inch un8000 samsung 
    DC Nation Moderator
  • SwampiesSwampies February 2
    bddavidson said:

what was the damage to your wallet?
    And are you hooking it up for today's game of course?
    K Steven Hauschka

Swampies said:

bddavidson said:

done hooked up and got it for $2900 , the 8000 model is just one step below 4k without 4k risk imho..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • k0wnedk0wned February 2
    Curious what series? Ahh $2900 would be the F8000? If so, congrats FANTASTIC tv.
    bddavidson said:

Swampies said:

bddavidson said:

done hooked up and got it for $2900 , the 8000 model is just one step below 4k without 4k risk imho..

sweet B-) enjoy! Now get yourself a leather recliner and you'll be set!
    K Steven Hauschka

• SmittySmitty February 2
    So how do we all get to your house to watch the Super Bowl on it @bddavidson ?
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
    Smitty said:

Smitty can't you hack into BD home cam so we all can watch?
    K Steven Hauschka

Swampies said:

Smitty said:

Smitty can't you hack into BD home cam so we all can watch?

got that thing pointing right at me..lol u turn left at the brick house on the corner right past the big oak tree!

yeah model UN65F8000
    DC Nation Moderator
    k0wned said:

Curious what series? Ahh $2900 would be the F8000? If so, congrats FANTASTIC tv.

yes the UN65F8000 very very clear..
    DC Nation Moderator
Add a Comment