Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 3
  • blkeagle February 2
  • chaindog35 February 2
  • chuckeycharles February 3
  • dunlap13 February 2
  • emurrell17 February 2
  • fontaines February 3
  • greatprodigy February 2
  • HitNRun February 2
  • Jalane53 February 2
  • msamarch1980 February 3
  • rabidbucfan February 3
  • Shmily February 2
  • Smitty February 3
  • Swampies February 3
  • SweetLew February 2
  • TexasBornCowboysFan February 2
  • wh0urdady February 3
  • whansen1202 February 2
  • zeeshan2 February 2

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12676
  • bddavidson 12292
  • JRMRRT 11321
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7750
  • LukeB5301 7587
  • Smitty 7157
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4733
  • fontaines 4541
  • branch0095 4425

Who's Online (12)

• bmxholden1 2:25PM
  • BostonBrowns 2:24PM
  • Curly 2:24PM
  • emurrell17 2:24PM
  • fontaines 2:24PM
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYou 2:24PM
  • JRMRRT 2:24PM
  • Smitty 2:25PM
  • SweetLew 2:26PM
  • tailgator 2:26PM
  • vincentjmack 2:26PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 2:23PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Super Bowl Studs and Duds Thread
  • Jalane53Jalane53 February 2
    Smitty said:

I don't know about all of you, but the one thing I take away from this game is SELL HIGH ON PERCY HARVIN IF YOU OWN HIM!!! :)

Why not keep him?
  • SmittySmitty February 2
    Jalane53 said:

Smitty said:

I don't know about all of you, but the one thing I take away from this game is SELL HIGH ON PERCY HARVIN IF YOU OWN HIM!!! :)

Why not keep him?

Yeah, you could, but he is always hurt, I cash in on the increased value that just hit the market. He could easily be great if healthy, of that I have no question. I just don't see him staying healthy, but you'd have a total argument to make on your side if you like him in 2014.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • chuckeycharles February 2
    What was the point of Bill O'Reilly's interview?
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Wilson, Eli, Keenum, Locker, Cousins / RB - ADP, McCoy, T.Rich, Lynch, Vereen, Turbin, Rainey, Latavius / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Fitz, Harvin, Hopkins, D.Moore, Patterson / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Rudolph, M.Bennett, Clay / K - Crosby / DST - Bills -----
  • ShmilyShmily February 2
    Unfortunately missed the game, but judging by the score Seahawks studs and Broncos duds.  I hope it was closer than the score showed.  Great win for RWilson and the Seahawks organization.  Just shows the defensive strength the NFC Conference has.  Hawks, Niners, Cardinals, Rams, & Panthers.  

-Shmily ")      
  • emurrell17 February 2
    Ya I think the NFC was pretty much better all around this year. I mean the Seahawks lost 2 games to NFC opponents (at least right? The cards and 49ers?) the 49ers and panthers were both GREAT teams this year at around 12 wins a piece. Then there's the saints...just a great year for the NFC.
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)
  • TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan February 2
    emurrell17 said:

Ya I think the NFC was pretty much better all around this year. I mean the Seahawks lost 2 games to NFC opponents (at least right? The cards and 49ers?) the 49ers and panthers were both GREAT teams this year at around 12 wins a piece. Then there's the saints...just a great year for the NFC.

There was an AFC South team that beat Seattle as well, that also beat Denver and SF.
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• zeeshan2zeeshan2 February 2
    The NFC West is going to be loaded for a while; even the Rams are starting to look good; now if only they can nail all the high draft picks they have..
  • TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan February 2
    Shmily said:

Unfortunately missed the game, but judging by the score Seahawks studs and Broncos duds.  I hope it was closer than the score showed.  Great win for RWilson and the Seahawks organization.  Just shows the defensive strength the NFC Conference has.  Hawks, Niners, Cardinals, Rams, & Panthers.  

-Shmily ")      

Unfortunately the score reflected the on field performance. All the talking heads were stressing don't let Manning step up in the pocket, Seattle listened.
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• SmittySmitty February 3
    SEA's defense was awesome. You gotta wonder, though, what would have happened had the game not started off with a safety? What if DEN scored. Crazy the way things can take a turn. 

Was it that awful coin toss that started the thing off wrong???? lol Anyone see that coin toss? What a mess!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • rabidbucfan February 3
    Nice catcj by thr Ref though lol
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. -Dalai Lama

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • SwampiesSwampies February 3
    Smitty said:

SEA's defense was awesome. You gotta wonder, though, what would have happened had the game not started off with a safety? What if DEN scored. Crazy the way things can take a turn. 

Was it that awful coin toss that started the thing off wrong???? lol Anyone see that coin toss? What a mess!

even if the safety never happen the Bronco's were not going to score 1st anyway! Seattle had their number like Baltimore did with Giant's and Tampa Bay with Oakland. Just pure domination all around.

Broadway Joe was probably drunk again like he always is when he threw the coin before anyone called heads or tails. Luckily the ref caught the coin before it hit the ground. What if that happen? Who do you think would be up in arms with that?
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • SwampiesSwampies February 3
    Super Bowl bust
    Super Bowl XLVIII has now come and gone. And although the rest of the world will focus primarily on the newly crowned world champion Seattle Seahawks, New York and New Jersey will begin to evaluate the success and impact of the two-week long event. Initial signs would indicate it went off without a hitch … with the exception of New Jersey Transit, which suffered the only blemish on Super Bowl Sunday.

Super Bowl XLVIII Attendees Collapse While Waiting for Public Transportation

New Jersey governor Chris Christie has another transportation-related controversy to worry about.

Reports indicate that “several” people traveling to Sunday’s Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium collapsed while waiting at the Secaucus, N.J., train station, which was serving as the central hub for people taking mass transportation to the game. As early as 1 p.m. ET, some began tweeting about the lengthy wait at the small station, with estimates of one- to two-hour waits for a train.

Why should this be a surprise to anyone? Have ever left the stadium after the game, have you? It sucks and if you don't leave at the end of the 3rd. quarter your screwed! The transit system is laughable to really think it could Handle a whole stadium of 82,000 people and then some!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • fontainesfontaines February 3
    Shmily said:

-Shmily ")      

The game was not closer than the score reflected.  This was complete and utter domination in all aspects of the game.  Running, passing, defense, special teams, third down conversions, turnovers, everything was completely and utterly dominated by Seattle from the first snap.

Smitty, i was thinking about your point.  I thought it was odd that the Seahawks deferred the opening kickoff to the Best offense in football.  It was a bold coaching decision that paid off.  But I think Manning and the Broncos were "shook" either way.  They didn't come ready to play.
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • wh0urdady February 3
    I expected to see a lot more rushing from the Broncos.  They came out passing, and just kept passing, 13 rush attempts, with most coming in the 2nd half.  Ball 6 carries for 1 yd 0-o.  The WR blocking for screens was absolutely horrible by Denver,  It looked like they were half-***ing it.  Seattle wanted it more clearly, they have the most physical defense in the league, and the Denver O didn't want to be physical.
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
  • msamarch1980msamarch1980 February 3
    Not taking anything away from Peyton's record setting season but Denver had easier schedule all along. They didn't play any good defenses during regular season or playoffs(Seattle,SF,Carolina,Cardinals) on the other hand Seattle had some hard fought games and Seattle came prepared. Broncos had no idea what hit them and it showed from the get go.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 3
    msamarch1980 said:

Not taking anything away from Peyton's record setting season but Denver had easier schedule all along. They didn't play any good defenses during regular season or playoffs(Seattle,SF,Carolina,Cardinals) on the other hand Seattle had some hard fought games and Seattle came prepared. Broncos had no idea what hit them and it showed from the get go.

they were out played and out coached...
    DC Nation Moderator
  • chuckeycharles February 3
    fontaines said:

Shmily said:

-Shmily ")      

The game was not closer than the score reflected.  This was complete and utter domination in all aspects of the game.  Running, passing, defense, special teams, third down conversions, turnovers, everything was completely and utterly dominated by Seattle from the first snap.

Smitty, i was thinking about your point.  I thought it was odd that the Seahawks deferred the opening kickoff to the Best offense in football.  It was a bold coaching decision that paid off.  But I think Manning and the Broncos were "shook" either way.  They didn't come ready to play.

It was a big FU to Peyton and the rest of the offense. It said "You ain't (expletive deleted)!!!" 

I loved that decision and thought it was the right one for them to make. They believe in their defense and rubbed Peyton's nose in it.

For a guy rooting for the Hawks and NFC West, it was a GREAT game. People often say "I would like to see a close game" Not me. If I have a rooting interest in the game, then I was to see annihilation of the opposing team. As far as I was concerned, the Hawks did not have a big enough half time lead to suit me, but, Percy made me a little more comfortable.

I thought Wilson should have been the star of the game. He was cool, calm and collected and put no added pressure on the defense whatsoever. When the running game had some problems, he methodically drove them down the field
    ---- Both Leagues - Start QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST - All TD = 6 / Pass Yd = .04 / Rush-Rec Yd = .10 / No-PPR / No Bonuses ----
    ---- 10 Team Limited Keeper (2 or 3) QB - NONE / RB - L.Bell, D.Martin, Foster, Spiller, Tate, A. Brown, L.Murray, Latimore, Rainey, Toddman, Pierce, Baker, Blount, / WR - NONE / TE - Graham, J.Thomas / DST - Panthers / K - NONE ----
    ----10 Team Dynasty QB - Wilson, Eli, Keenum, Locker, Cousins / RB - ADP, McCoy, T.Rich, Lynch, Vereen, Turbin, Rainey, Latavius / WR - AJG, Dez, Cruz, Fitz, Harvin, Hopkins, D.Moore, Patterson / TE - Gronk, J.Thomas, Rudolph, M.Bennett, Clay / K - Crosby / DST - Bills -----
Add a Comment