Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 24
  • CARramrod958 February 24
  • donvaughn February 23
  • draftyinhere February 23
  • emurrell17 February 23
  • fontaines February 24
  • HailMary February 23
  • haimez40 February 24
  • JRMRRT February 24
  • LukeB5301 February 24
  • Payton34 February 24
  • Shmily February 23
  • SMFFCN February 23
  • Smitty February 24
  • stewss7 February 24
  • TheHuddle February 24
  • tmoney February 23
  • Troy_Polamalyourass February 24
  • whansen1202 February 23
  • Zep February 24

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12659
  • bddavidson 12270
  • JRMRRT 11272
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7747
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7110
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4721
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4395

Who's Online (10)

• branch0095 6:19PM
  • BuckysGT 6:19PM
  • ChazMichaelMichaels 6:18PM
  • emurrell17 6:19PM
  • hawk12 6:18PM
  • Iceman 6:18PM
  • SMFFCN 6:17PM
  • tone1oc 6:16PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 6:17PM
  • zildjian 6:18PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Combine Players Rise and Fall
  • dunlap13dunlap13
    Please mention players that rose AND dropped inyour rookie rankings after the combine. If you could elaborate it would be better.

Risers:

Mckinnie or whoever that rb that benched 38 times and ran a 4.38. Beast or Hype but ill give props for now.

Martavius Bryant: I feel hes overlooked bc of watkins but I really liked what I saw catching and also ran a great 40.

Sankey: caught balls basically his only question with me

Storm johnson: I dont think he did one bad thing the whole combine.big sleeper I believe.

Mike evans: "Seemed like a man among boys" I don't know how else to explain his day. Only thing I did notice that i didnt like was his hips get tight in post corner. Not like he'll run a ton out of the gate though.

Declines

Andre williams: Beat em up ball. I was dissappointed only in the recieving aspect. Did everything well though. I didn't see one catch he did make where he thought he was going to drop, hit his chest, or looked scared doing it.

Wilder jr: the only thing that concerns me is he constantly got yelled at for not following directions. He did this in a few drills. Nervous I understand that. But when you are at the end of the line and watch two other guys get yelled at for doing something wrong and you do the same thing makes me question you.

Few other guys but overall I loved today. Your thoughts?
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 23
    Andre Williams can't catch the ball. Can't do it. Not sure if the right coaching can help.
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, S.Bailey, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,4.02
  • HailMaryHailMary February 23
    Sankey and tre mason looked good to me
  • SMFFCN February 23
    dunlap13 said:

Please mention players that rose AND dropped inyour rookie rankings after the combine. If you could elaborate it would be better.

Risers:

Mckinnie or whoever that rb that benched 38 times and ran a 4.38. Beast or Hype but ill give props for now.

Martavius Bryant: I feel hes overlooked bc of watkins but I really liked what I saw catching and also ran a great 40.

Storm johnson: I dont think he did one bad thing the whole combine.big sleeper I believe.

Mike evans: "Seemed like a man among boys" I don't know how else to explain his day. Only thing I did notice that i didnt like was his hips get tight in post corner. Not like he'll run a ton out of the gate though.

Declines

Andre williams: Beat em up ball. I was dissappointed only in the recieving aspect. Did everything well though. I didn't see one catch he did make where he thought he was going to drop, hit his chest, or looked scared doing it.

Wilder jr: the only thing that concerns me is he constantly got yelled at for not following directions. He did this in a few drills. Nervous I understand that. But when you are at the end of the line and watch two other guys get yelled at for doing something wrong and you do the same thing makes me question you.

I'm not sure I can say that Mike Evans rose in my book as I already have him as my #1 WR on my board. So IMO, he just continues to confirm more of what I expected to see. 
  • CARramrod958 February 23
    dunlap13 said:

Risers:

Declines

Agree with all this exept Storm Johnson. Watch his games. He dances way to much for the NFL.
    "Don't call me radio, sixty-nine"!
  • whansen1202whansen1202 February 23

Can I note that Jimmy Haslam is probably too stupid to allow this to happen, but how awesome would this be to see Watkins lined up with Josh Gordon, even if it's Brian Hoyer throwing them the ball?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/2014_nfl_combine_sammy_watkins.html

• LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 23
    None.. Fake football practice is fun to watch that's it.. Combine never affects my rankings
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • tmoneytmoney February 23
    LukeB5301 said:

None.. Fake football practice is fun to watch that's it.. Combine never affects my rankings

I tend to agree.  There are a few things that I think are worth while about the combine, the physical skills can be often skewed.  These prospects are training specifically for the combine drills, learning tricks on how to run a faster 40 and such.  The way a WR starts his 40 yard dash isn't the same way he's going to start running a route, even if it's a "go".  While it may confirm some of the things scouts see on tape about the player, teams shouldn't get too caught up in the numbers.

For those of you who remember, Terrell Suggs ran a horrible 40 during the combine and later in his pro day.  This eventually hurt his stock on draft day.  Once projected to be a top 5 selection, he slipped to 10 as his speed was doubted. 

Also something to think about in terms of speed.  According to the NFL's twitter account, since 2009 15 WRs have ran sub 4.4 40s at the combine, only 1 (Julio Jones) has had a 1000 yard season.
  • Payton34Payton34 February 23
    LukeB5301 said:

Yeah, I still remember the guy in a fantasy league back in the days of yore who was all giddy when he announced, "Akili Smith!!!".

LOL!!!! Poor sap..

NON-PPR, 6pt TD Pass, Return Yards Count, Start 1-3 RBs
    QB - Brees, RG III, Cousins
    RB - Charles, L Bell, Z Stacy
    WR - Marshall, J Nelson, Randle, R Cooper, Hopkins, Harvin, D Rogers, G Whalen
    TE - J Cook, J Thomas, K Rudolph, T Gonzalez
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
  • SmittySmitty February 23
    My updated rankings/analysis will be up by tomorrow, hopefully late tonight, but tomorrow....

Watkins, Evans, one RB to be named (no longer Williams after proof he cannot master catching) and Cooks are kinda cemented into the top 4 for right now.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • ShmilyShmily February 23
    Smitty said:

My updated rankings/analysis will be up by tomorrow, hopefully late tonight, but tomorrow....

Watkins, Evans, one RB to be named (no longer Williams after proof he cannot master catching) and Cooks are kinda cemented into the top 4 for right now.

Yes!   ")
  • tmoneytmoney February 23
    I have a feeling that Mike Evans ends up a Detroit Lion.
  • SMFFCN February 23
    tmoney said:

If this happens I'll go on record saying Evans WILL become the 2014 OROY!

• emurrell17 February 23
    I think we should just start buying stafford before it's too late
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • draftyinheredraftyinhere February 23
    tmoney said:

Me too
    Dynasty PPR, 2QB IDP, Return Yardage
    QB: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill, Manuel, Glennon, Keenum
    RB: Gio, L. Bell, CJ2K, L. Miller, P. Thomas, Ellington, Lattimore, L. Murray
    WR: V-Jax, K. Allen, Wayne, S. Smith, T. Williams, Hartline, Givens, M. Jones, M. Brown, McCluster, S. Hill, Brazill, A. Holmes, Bailey
    TE: Witten, Reed, Cook, Ertz, Kelce
    K: Gostkowski
    DE/DT: Wake, Ware, M. Williams
    LB: D. Johnson, Mayo, Cushing, Timmons
    DB: Honey Badger, Ward, M. Wright, Vaccaro
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 23
    Smitty said:

Cooks in top 4... He's all yours
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SmittySmitty February 24
    Check the homepage. Post Combine write up is up!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • ZepZep February 24
    Anybody that uses combine results is going to regret it, and you must likely dropped Keenan Allen in your rankings last year after his abysmal 40 time.

You shouldn't shut out guys like Kadeem Carey and Lache Seastrunk over a meaningless run with no pads on. That will not define a career. 
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT February 24
    Zep said:

Anybody that uses combine results is going to regret it, and you must likely dropped Keenan Allen in your rankings last year after his abysmal 40 time.

You shouldn't shut out guys like Kadeem Carey and Lache Seastrunk over a meaningless run with no pads on. That will not define a career. 

You're right...Anyone that uses ONLY combine results is nuts...It is a relevant piece of the puzzle though.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 24
    JRMRRT said:

lIt is a relevant piece of the puzzle though.

I'll disagree
    My 2013 Predictions:
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT February 24
    LukeB5301 said:

JRMRRT said:

lIt is a relevant piece of the puzzle though.

I'll disagree

Thats fine...I like to see the broad and vertical jump though. The 10 yards split and bench numbers.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
Add a Comment