Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• BK19 April 10
  • boobam13 April 9
  • BuckysGT April 9
  • donvaughn April 11
  • GoWithWhatYouGot April 10
  • LukeB5301 April 10
  • paulg002 April 11
  • Smitty April 11
  • SweetLew April 10
  • tmoney April 10
  • zeeshan2 April 10

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 13045
  • bddavidson 13029
  • JRMRRT 12442
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • LukeB5301 8188
  • BuckysGT 7971
  • Smitty 7732
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 4895
  • fontaines 4821
  • branch0095 4796

Who's Online (3)

• branch0095 2:07AM
  • chuckeycharles 2:08AM
  • PDTDT 2:07AM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
  • Dynasty Only!!!
DraftCalc Article: Rookie Gems?
  • SmittySmitty April 9
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • boobam13boobam13 April 9

Nice write up

It would be a great year to have like 4/5 late first/early seconds to load up on some of these guys...

12 Team Dynasty - PPR and IDP
    QB - MStafford, PRivers, MVick, BHoyer
    RB - JCharles, DMartin, AEllington, CMicheal, RMendenhall, KDavis, RTurbin, MJames, BRainey, BLeonard, STaylor, MLeashoure, TRiddick, MCox, RWilliams, CWood, JDwyer, CGray, MAsiata, ASmith, AAlexander
    WR - ABrown, PHarvin, DHopkins, HNicks, JJernigan, JBoyce, Charles Johnson
    TE - CJordan, BPettigrew, MLewis
    K - Prater
    DL - RQuinn
    LB - VBurfict, DWashington, DButler, DSmith, NBowman, VWilliams
    DB - JCyprien
    TAXI -
    IR -
    2014 Rookie/FA Picks - 1 - 1st, 1 - 2nd, 2 - 3rds, 1 - 4th, 4 - 5ths
  • SmittySmitty April 9
    boobam13 said:

Nice write up

It would be a great year to have like 4/5 late first/early seconds to load up on some of these guys...

Thanks. Yep. Even more, I wish we could all draft Mason, Cooks and West before landing spots, as DC and DC users are seeing things ahead of the curve. Especially with Mason.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • BuckysGT April 9
    Nice Smitty.
  • tmoney April 9
    Landing spot is going to play a big role this year, as the WR crop this year seems to be incredibly deep.
  • SmittySmitty April 9
    West could be a beast!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 April 9
    No Crowell.... MEHHHHHHHHHHHH

:D
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SmittySmitty April 9
    @lukeB5301 

Yeah, as I said, not being listed doesn't mean the player(s) can't be huge steals. So much will change. 

Just out of curiosity, as I'm not a HUGE, Crowell supporter (yet)... who do you see him becoming comparison wise. If you had to throw out a comparison that is playing today? Just curious. I always love different point of views, so in no way do I think your support for Crowell isn't solid... stick to your guns. I'm just curious who you see him turning into comparison wise.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn April 9
    LukeB5301 said:

I see West. I see it on tape when I watch him. I don't see with Crowell. I'll give Luke all the credit with nailing that one though because he's been beating the Crowell drum for days. I'm curious too Luke. Why you like him so much?

• SmittySmitty April 9
    donvaughn said:

LukeB5301 said:

I see West. I see it on tape when I watch him. I don't see with Crowell. I'll give Luke all the credit with nailing that one though because he's been beating the Crowell drum for days. I'm curious too Luke. Why you like him so much?

Yep, @lukeb5301 is the man, that's why I'd love to hear more from Luke on him. I don't see it, but maybe I change my tune later on, and I'd be interested in Luke's take while we wait for that to happen (not likely, though). Luke has a great track record, so very interested to hear.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • BK19BK19 April 9
    I'm not Luke but I really like Crowell. When I watch him on tape I see a player who could be a 3 down back in the NFL. On the throws that went to him he has shown he has soft hands. He has great vision, probably the best of any RB in this class. He reads the defense well and can find almost any running lanes. He hits the hole fast, bounces off tacklers can make a guy miss, and finishes runs well. He doesn't have blazing speed but it's good speed. When I see him I think of a player like Edgerrin James
  • donvaughndonvaughn April 10
    BK19 said:

I'm not Luke but I really like Crowell. When I watch him on tape I see a player who could be a 3 down back in the NFL. On the throws that went to him he has shown he has soft hands. He has great vision, probably the best of any RB in this class. He reads the defense well and can find almost any running lanes. He hits the hole fast, bounces off tacklers can make a guy miss, and finishes runs well. He doesn't have blazing speed but it's good speed. When I see him I think of a player like Edgerrin James

It does look like he is able to find holes and running lanes. I guess I'm concerned that at 190lbs if he's physical enough to play between the tackles in the NFL and that he doesn't have blazing speed. I worry that he's a tweener. He only caught a few passes in college. Was he a 3 down back or just not asked to catch a lot?
  • SweetLewSweetLew April 10
    190 lbs? He was 224 lbs at the combine....
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 April 10
    donvaughn said:

BK19 said:

It does look like he is able to find holes and running lanes. I guess I'm concerned that at 190lbs if he's physical enough to play between the tackles in the NFL and that he doesn't have blazing speed. I worry that he's a tweener. He only caught a few passes in college. Was he a 3 down back or just not asked to catch a lot?

Combine results:

Height - 5’11”
    Weight - 224
    Hands - 9 1/4”
    40 - 4.57
    Bench - 23 reps
    Vertical Jump - 38”
    Broad Jump - 117”
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • GoWithWhatYouGotGoWithWhatYouGot April 10
    LukeB5301 said:

donvaughn said:

BK19 said:

Combine results:

Height - 5’11”
    Weight - 224
    Hands - 9 1/4”
    40 - 4.57
    Bench - 23 reps
    Vertical Jump - 38”
    Broad Jump - 117”

AND one foot in the pokey...... That's his problem
    Smitty said:

@lukeB5301 

Yeah, as I said, not being listed doesn't mean the player(s) can't be huge steals. So much will change. 

Just out of curiosity, as I'm not a HUGE, Crowell supporter (yet)... who do you see him becoming comparison wise. If you had to throw out a comparison that is playing today? Just curious. I always love different point of views, so in no way do I think your support for Crowell isn't solid... stick to your guns. I'm just curious who you see him turning into comparison wise.

@Smitty

At first I wound say Marion Barber, but he's more agile and more burst. I seriously see Marshawn Lynch when I watch him.

When I watch his tape I see a guy that refuses to go down on first contact and has the patience and vision you need in the NFL.
    My 2013 Predictions:
    GoWithWhatYouGot said:

LukeB5301 said:

donvaughn said:

BK19 said:

Combine results:

Height - 5’11”
    Weight - 224
    Hands - 9 1/4”
    40 - 4.57
    Bench - 23 reps
    Vertical Jump - 38”
    Broad Jump - 117”

Huh
    My 2013 Predictions:
  • SweetLewSweetLew April 10
    Lol I'm confused to don't feel bad.
  • BK19BK19 April 10
    LukeB5301 said:

GoWithWhatYouGot said:

LukeB5301 said:

donvaughn said:

BK19 said:

Combine results:

Height - 5’11”
    Weight - 224
    Hands - 9 1/4”
    40 - 4.57
    Bench - 23 reps
    Vertical Jump - 38”
    Broad Jump - 117”

Huh

SweetLew said:

I think he is talking about his trouble with law...... Years ago... As if he hasn't matured or been out of trouble for a good while now.
  • GoWithWhatYouGotGoWithWhatYouGot April 10
    I haven't seen or read anything either recently but that's what has tarnished him from what I've read......

And that's a good thing may get him mid 2 nd round ...
    BK19 said:

LukeB5301 said:

GoWithWhatYouGot said:

LukeB5301 said:

donvaughn said:

BK19 said:

Combine results:

Height - 5’11”
    Weight - 224
    Hands - 9 1/4”
    40 - 4.57
    Bench - 23 reps
    Vertical Jump - 38”
    Broad Jump - 117”

Huh

SweetLew said:

I think he is talking about his trouble with law...... Years ago... As if he hasn't matured or been out of trouble for a good while now.

I figured.. He's been out of trouble since then and even his charges then were dropped because they couldn't prove it was his. And to be honest he could be innocent, one of the buddies in the car could have put the gun there for all we know?

That said I hope he goes to Cleveland late. Perfect situation for him IMO
    My 2013 Predictions:
12›
Add a Comment