Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson April 25
  • bmxholden1 April 22
  • branch0095 April 22
  • doodledog April 23
  • emurrell17 April 23
  • fontaines April 23
  • GoWithWhatYouGot April 22
  • haimez40 April 22
  • JRMRRT April 23
  • k_stewart_21 April 23
  • k0wned April 22
  • Linebacker April 22
  • N_Diddy April 22
  • rabidbucfan April 22
  • SMFFCN April 22
  • Smitty April 25
  • stewss7 April 22
  • Swampies April 22
  • TheHuddle April 25
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie April 22
  • Zep April 23

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13283
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13135
  • JRMRRT 12639
  • Wutthecrapman 9986
  • LukeB5301 8289
  • BuckysGT 8080
  • Smitty 7871
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 4970
  • fontaines 4932
  • branch0095 4926

Who's Online (3)

• bddavidson 6:28AM
  • Dcaster 6:31AM
  • TD_Vulture 6:28AM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
FaceOff: Matt Forte or Montee Ball?
  • k_stewart_21k_stewart_21 April 23
    N_Diddy said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

Smitty said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

I think I would take the next 2-3 years of production from Forte.

2-3 years? Really? He is older than Foster, will be 29 before the season ends and has near what 1900 total touches. Not sure he will near 3 years, at least at an elite level... and 2 will be a surprise to me. He could be elite for 2014 IMO and then slow to a decent producer for 1-2 years, that I can see. That's why he is a sell high for me.

I'm just not a believer in Ball so taking 2-3 years of a potentially declining player kind tells you where Ball is in my rankings.  I could be totally wrong on Ball but I'm just not seeing a productive NFL career out of him.  Honestly, comparing Forte to Ball isn't really fair IMO.  How about we compare someone like Murray or Bell against Ball?  Closer in age and future NFL longevity IMO.

Isn't that what everybody said about Moreno last year?  I picked up Moreno off of waivers week 1 last year ... and he rode me into the playoffs.  Everyone wrote him off ike he's "nothing"?  just saying ... too late to buy now - but you might regret that statement b/c Forte at RB3 and Moreno (who is not as good as Ball IMO) was RB5 in non-PPR last year ... sorry, don't have PPR stats b/c I don't have a PPR league... 

Moreno is not as good as ball, then in your opinion, why did Moreno start? Coaches have favorites in the nfl? Lol

A. Rodgers
    L. McCoy, M. Lynch, L. Bell, B. Brown, S. Greene
    B. Marshall, R. Cobb, R. Wayne, T. Smith, M. Floyd, M. Jones, E. Sanders
    A. Gates
  • fontaines April 23
    Bottom line is I will not buy Ball in a startup right now.  Price too high.

Forte will be cheaper and I think give better performance next year or two.  

If it was an existing Dynasty and i was not competing, i could see moving Forte for Ball.  But I don't think Forte and Ball are going even in the same round in startups now so i avoid Ball
    DC Nation Forum Moderator

• emurrell17 April 23
    k_stewart_21 said:

N_Diddy said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

Smitty said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

2-3 years? Really? He is older than Foster, will be 29 before the season ends and has near what 1900 total touches. Not sure he will near 3 years, at least at an elite level... and 2 will be a surprise to me. He could be elite for 2014 IMO and then slow to a decent producer for 1-2 years, that I can see. That's why he is a sell high for me.

I'm just not a believer in Ball so taking 2-3 years of a potentially declining player kind tells you where Ball is in my rankings.  I could be totally wrong on Ball but I'm just not seeing a productive NFL career out of him.  Honestly, comparing Forte to Ball isn't really fair IMO.  How about we compare someone like Murray or Bell against Ball?  Closer in age and future NFL longevity IMO.

Isn't that what everybody said about Moreno last year?  I picked up Moreno off of waivers week 1 last year ... and he rode me into the playoffs.  Everyone wrote him off ike he's "nothing"?  just saying ... too late to buy now - but you might regret that statement b/c Forte at RB3 and Moreno (who is not as good as Ball IMO) was RB5 in non-PPR last year ... sorry, don't have PPR stats b/c I don't have a PPR league... 

Moreno is not as good as ball, then in your opinion, why did Moreno start? Coaches have favorites in the nfl? Lol

Yes they do? Humans are capable of bias...are they not human? Lamar miller?

Brady came after some one pretty good...he sat the bench for a while..

Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson April 23
    k_stewart_21 said:

N_Diddy said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

Smitty said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

he had to sit to work on his blocking and the Fox factor who rarely plays rookies which i knew when i drafted ball and didnt expect much from him last year as others did..
    DC Nation Moderator
    So Moreno was better at blocking? Therefore his overall game was better?
    A. Rodgers
    A. Gates
    I'm not the one that said ball was better tha Moreno. If I'm a coach, idc what your name is, best player is playing. Especially in the nfl. Ball could come out and be the next AD, but is he was that good, wouldn't he of played last year... Guess we can find out this fall. I honestly can't wait! :)
    A. Rodgers
    A. Gates
  • fontaines April 23
    k_stewart_21 said:

So Moreno was better at blocking? Therefore his overall game was better?

in a peyton manning offense where 99% of the play calls are audibled at the line of scrimmage, yes blocking is about 70% of a players value there.  

I think a horrible runner who blocks superbly will play more for Manning than a tremendous runner who can't block for the life of him:)

Horrible runner gets 1000 yards and 10 tds? Yeah the manning factor helped. But to call Moreno horrible isn't anywhere close. And if ball was so tremendous, run the ball, manning or no manning.
    A. Rodgers
    A. Gates
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT April 23
    k_stewart_21 said:

Horrible runner gets 1000 yards and 10 tds? Yeah the manning factor helped. But to call Moreno horrible isn't anywhere close. And if ball was so tremendous, run the ball, manning or no manning.

Moreno was horrible before Manning...

2009 wasn't, but I thought we was talking about last year, ya know, when ball was on the roster
    A. Rodgers
    A. Gates
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle April 23
    Moreno was not horrible before Manning.

Injury was biggest problem, that & he didn't have his priorities straight but he always produced when given the opportunity.

I would say Forte- he may have some age but he is dynamic & just now getting large workload.
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT April 23
    always injured + priorities not straight + poor fantasy production = horrible IMO

Thats just me though I guess. He wasnt startable at all before Manning except for his rookie year

• ZepZep April 23
    Forte
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle April 25
    David Bruton (S-Special teams captain last 5 yrs) was on radio show yesterday & was asked if he was making decision which position should Broncos target in draft.  He said RB.  I was kinda shocked he would say that but said we lost our rb in Moreno & that is the biggest need I see.

Doesn't mean much but since he practices against Ball he must not be too impressed w what he sees.  He said o-line next which I would agree w for more depth or RT since they have stated Franklin is moving to left guard.

Guess he doesn't see Ball as the clear cut #1
  • SmittySmitty April 25
    TheHuddle said:

David Bruton (S-Special teams captain last 5 yrs) was on radio show yesterday & was asked if he was making decision which position should Broncos target in draft.  He said RB.  I was kinda shocked he would say that but said we lost our rb in Moreno & that is the biggest need I see.

Doesn't mean much but since he practices against Ball he must not be too impressed w what he sees.  He said o-line next which I would agree w for more depth or RT since they have stated Franklin is moving to left guard.

Guess he doesn't see Ball as the clear cut #1

I also did my ACL rehab with/next to a former NFL corner (somewhat well known) and we talked football a lot. He had no clue who 3/4s of the NFL running backs were, he didn't know names, and when I asked him who the best backs were, it was like talking to my mom about it, who knows nothing about football.

You'd be surprised how separated defense is from our reality. It's shocking. Special teams is probably x10!

At practice, they may have no rb2 leadership, that could still be what he is referring to.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • bddavidsonbddavidson April 25
    Listening to a special teams captain?lol why?
    DC Nation Moderator
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle April 25
    Ok- whatever....

Just like I told u guys last year Moreno would start- Julius Thomas would start. How did that work out?

Add a Comment