Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• Airek May 10
  • bddavidson May 9
  • bmxholden1 May 10
  • branch0095 May 9
  • CARramrod958 May 9
  • cohendpt May 10
  • donvaughn May 9
  • emurrell17 May 10
  • Flipper May 10
  • footballjunkie May 9
  • GoWithWhatYouGot May 8
  • haimez40 May 10
  • Iceman May 8
  • Ipkiss May 9
  • jbcalc May 9
  • jknighton May 10
  • JRMRRT May 9
  • k0wned May 9
  • LukeB5301 May 10
  • MikeOcherts May 9
  • MusicCityMayhem May 8
  • Needalife May 9
  • rabidbucfan May 10
  • Scorp May 10
  • Shmily May 8
  • Smitty May 8
  • stewss7 May 10
  • Swampies May 9
  • SweetLew May 10
  • TD_Vulture May 9
  • terroristwithtactics May 8
  • Troy_Polamalyourass May 8
  • wh0urdady May 9
  • Wutthecrapman May 10

Tagged

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13567
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13346
  • JRMRRT 13022
  • Wutthecrapman 10248
  • LukeB5301 8584
  • Smitty 8196
  • BuckysGT 8162
  • garyzab 7117
  • branch0095 5255
  • fontaines 5170
  • TBL 5046

Who's Online (11)

• chops 3:08PM
  • donvaughn 3:10PM
  • Haggishntr 3:08PM
  • JRMRRT 3:10PM
  • k0wned 3:10PM
  • Luke 3:08PM
  • RabidBengalsFan 3:10PM
  • Shmily 3:08PM
  • tmoney 3:10PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 3:08PM
  • Wutthecrapman 3:07PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
NFL Draft: Drafted WRs (after landing spots)
  • footballjunkie May 8
    JRMRRT said:

Graham and Colston are also huge targets. I guess well see. I like Cooks but hes not a sure thing just because hes in NO is what Im trying to say.

Well, no one is a sure thing.
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT May 8
    footballjunkie said:

JRMRRT said:

Graham and Colston are also huge targets. I guess well see. I like Cooks but hes not a sure thing just because hes in NO is what Im trying to say.

Well, no one is a sure thing.

Obviously but some people were talking Cooks at 1.01 after he went to NO. I just wouldnt overdraft the situation.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • footballjunkie May 8
    I'd like to know who was considering Cooks at 1.01 after drafted to NO so that I can slap them.
  • MusicCityMayhemMusicCityMayhem May 8
    Long term, Watkins definitely has more upside. But, for right now, this year, Cooks is in a much better situation to put up better numbers than Watkins. Especially from a PPR standpoint. All I was saying. Nothing more, nothing less. I've never had the chance to participate in a rookie draft, so I've got no dog in this fight. Thanks for the discussion. Good stuff...
  • SmittySmitty May 8
    Some good WRs are still left, along with the RBs, tomorrow will change all of our rookie rankings like mad!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • MusicCityMayhemMusicCityMayhem May 8
    ^true dat. I can't remember a WR class this deep. Gonna be fun!
  • footballjunkie May 9
    MusicCityMayhem said:

^true dat. I can't remember a WR class this deep. Gonna be fun!

Last years wasn't too shabby.
  • jbcalcjbcalc May 9
    Regardless of PPR or non, I think you still go Watkins at 1.01. In non, Evans should be 1.02 because of his 10+ TD potential, but for PPR I think you have to strongly consider Cooks at 1.02 and I think I would give him the edge over Evans (especially since NO traded up to get their guy-they're going to use him all over the place). The TEN RB might change all that but for me it doesn't.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson May 9
    i rather cook wouldve been in Philly.. he will be ok in NO but i dont see stud..they need a bigger wr than cook imho.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • Wutthecrapman May 9
    I don't like that Cook landed in NO, it was a wasted pick. They need help on defence rather than replacing Moore. Stills is perfectly capable to develop. I guess this also means they think very little of Nick Toon, that part I completely understand.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
  • NeedalifeNeedalife May 9
    Wutthecrapman said:

I don't like that Cook landed in NO, it was a wasted pick. They need help on defence rather than replacing Moore. Stills is perfectly capable to develop. I guess this also means they think very little of Nick Toon, that part I completely understand.

I predict that Cooks was brought in more to be a Sproles/Moore hybrid and will be a ppr gem.  Don't forget that Sproles pass catching void is a highly productive piece of that offense.
    TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
  • Wutthecrapman May 9
    Didn't they sign Golden Tate? Just because you got Rob Ryan as a DC doesn't mean they should stop drafting talent to help prevent teams from scoring easily on you.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
  • TD_Vulture May 9
    Watkins and Evans were both on a tier of their own going into the draft and nothing has changed for me. Yes Cooks has a great QB but that doesn't automatically equal success. Not so great QBs can still get WRs the ball, look what Blackmon did in Jacksonville.
  • emurrell17 May 9
    I mean I liked cooks before landing spot so..this certainly doesn't bring him down for me
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
    Wutthecrapman said:

Didn't they sign Golden Tate? Just because you got Rob Ryan as a DC doesn't mean they should stop drafting talent to help prevent teams from scoring easily on you.

no he went to Detroit 
    DC Nation Moderator
    emurrell17 said:

I mean I liked cooks before landing spot so..this certainly doesn't bring him down for me

i would have like to see him replace D jax..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • footballjunkie May 9
    Wutthecrapman said:

Drafting Cooks has nothing to do with Stills. Stills will be fine.
    Drafting Cooks has everything to do with adding that Sproles like pass catcher.
  • MikeOcherts May 9
    Benjamin going to Car is a significant bump for me. He's not polished but he is a huge (6'5" 240) target for Cam & not much in front of him...

As someone with the 1.10 he is solidly on my radar now...
  • IpkissIpkiss May 9
    MikeOcherts said:

Benjamin going to Car is a significant bump for me. He's not polished but he is a huge (6'5" 240) target for Cam & not much in front of him...

My thought as well. I also have a 1.10
    QB - RG3,Cutler, Osweiler, Keenum
    RB - McCoy, Moreno, Bryce Brown, K Hunter, Denard
    WR - Torrey, TY Hilton, Andre Johnson, Hartline, Stills, K Thompkins, Royal, Givens
    TE - Clay, Dwayne Allen
    K - Prater
  • wh0urdady May 9
    Ipkiss said:

MikeOcherts said:

My thought as well. I also have a 1.10

I am hoping he lasts until 1.10.  Very raw player, has a lot of natural ability, and from what I hear, he is willing to work on his weaknesses.
    Team 1
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, Stacy,F. Jackson, Lattimore, R. Jennings, Gerhart, L. Murray
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery
    TE: J. Thomas

Will have to drop to 12 before draft
    Team 2
    QB: Peyton, Osweiler, McCown, Glennon,
    RB: Spiller, Ball, Pierce, Polk, Todman, Randle, Williams
    WR: Marshall, Gordon, Jeffery, Jennings, Austin, Hartline, Sanders, K. Benjamin, Moncrief, Abbrederis
    TE: M. Bennett, Cook, L. Green
Add a Comment