fantasy football forums

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson June 16
  • DAXstatic June 16
  • donvaughn June 13
  • dunlap13 June 12
  • emurrell17 June 16
  • fontaines June 13
  • footballjunkie June 16
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYou June 16
  • haimez40 June 12
  • JRMRRT June 14
  • Leraar June 13
  • LukeB5301 June 13
  • MikeOcherts June 13
  • Payton34 June 14
  • Reisssox June 15
  • robbyrobdu June 12
  • Smitty June 16
  • Swampies June 13
  • SweetLew June 12
  • thedude June 16
  • TheHuddle June 13
  • Troy_Polamalyourass June 13
  • vincentjmack June 12
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie June 13
  • Wutthecrapman June 16

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13907
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13556
  • JRMRRT 13397
  • Wutthecrapman 10560
  • LukeB5301 8818
  • Smitty 8413
  • BuckysGT 8264
  • garyzab 7118
  • branch0095 5490
  • TBL 5290
  • fontaines 5283

Who's Online (7)

• bddavidson 7:20AM
  • hoyasaxa 7:19AM
  • PDTDT 7:18AM
  • RonSwanson 7:19AM
  • stewss7 7:21AM
  • wh0urdady 7:20AM
  • Xtreme 7:21AM

If you are already a DraftCalc Subscriber, hang tight in terms of getting access to FFStarters content... that is in the works. We will keep you posted shortly!

Our Breaking News Wire is up!

Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
For a Month, call me Fùtbol Junkie
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 June 12
    robbyrobdu said:

JRMRRT said:

TheHuddle said:

I enjoy it. Takes patience to like the great game.

I love watching golf so I have patience. Watching those clowns flop all over the ground when not even touched faking injuries makes me ill. Not to mention the game often ends 0 - 0 after what seems like 10 hours on a field that looks like 5 city blocks, lol. And you dont even know when the game is going to end in that extra time crap.

Since this is a football forum...are you telling me every WR doesn't act like it was pass interference every time a guy was near them?

Acting like there's pass interference and this crap is 100% different..

My 2014 Predictions:
    [ ] Jordan Matthews Will Win OROY(June 5th)
    But what i know I'm ignorant and obviously have never done anything resembling being an athlete
    My 2014 Predictions:
  • Wutthecrapman June 12
    Players in every sport either flop/act there way to get calls going their way. You know that as well as I do. 

Its tit for tat in the end. Wash of an argument.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT June 12
    robbyrobdu said:

Ignorant people who have never been anything close to resembling an athlete hate soccer.

Whatever dude...My body is broken from playing ice hockey for many years; thats a pretty tough and grueling sport. Im not saying that soccer players arent athletic...just that I hate the sport. 

• robbyrobdurobbyrobdu
    LukeB5301 said:

robbyrobdu said:

Ignorant people who have never been anything close to resembling an athlete hate soccer.

Figured you'd learn by now about posting crap like this. Name calling was cool in middle school.

I had a post defending myself and being a tad bit snide, but I decided to take the high ground and simply ask that if you have an issue PM me.

I did not name call. I'd appreciate if you did not either.

I also hope you can come to me personally as a mature adult and let us keep this matter between us and not resorting to anythinget resembling tattling.
    Wutthecrapman said:

robbyrobdu said:

JRMRRT said:

TheHuddle said:

I enjoy it. Takes patience to like the great game.

I love watching golf so I have patience. Watching those clowns flop all over the ground when not even touched faking injuries makes me ill. Not to mention the game often ends 0 - 0 after what seems like 10 hours on a field that looks like 5 city blocks, lol. And you dont even know when the game is going to end in that extra time crap.

Since this is a football forum...are you telling me every WR doesn't act like it was pass interference every time a guy was near them?

And that's in a CONTACT sport!!

That EXTRA TIME CRAP...is because they don't stop the clock for every little thing...one of the greatest things in all of organized sports is how you can not foul someone to stop play if it would take away their advantage (I.e. they still get past you/one on one with goalie etc).

But hey, Joe Pantoliano said it best in the Matrix, right? ;-)

This was honestly a pretty damn good post Robby. Maybe not your previous one, but this one answered all the critics.
    footballjunkie said:

Being from Mexican decent, and my father being a huge Mexico Soccer fan, I do follow the Mexican National team a little. But man, I get pumped for the World Cup!

Who's with me!?

Today I stand tall right beside you futboljunkies! Its an event that brings the world together regardless of money and worldly problems and we can bond for a month watching the most popular sport on earth. I too am a huge fan of Mexico. But I have best friends who are Italian, Argentinian, Brazilian and Greek. So i'm gonna route for a bunch of teams but look out for Germany they might win it all. 

I will add this, we can make our point across to other without the name calling. We all respect each other, and know the boundaries, so lets' play within them.

Appreciate ithe brother!
  • footballjunkie June 12
    JRMRRT said:

robbyrobdu said:

Whatever dude...My body is broken from playing ice hockey for many years; thats a pretty tough and grueling sport. Im not saying that soccer players arent athletic...just that I hate the sport. 

Not even a little respect for the global sport JR?  Not that I expect you to like the sport, but I'm a little surprised by your disgust for the sport.  After all, soccer was a major influence to your beloved Ice Hockey.
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT June 12
    I respect their athleticism and conditioning for sure. Not so much the game the way its played. And hockey is a global sport too so I have my quota there  ;)

Lacrosse is my outdoor sport that I love. Hockey and Lacrosse take guts to play. I like violence, lol.

• SweetLewSweetLew June 12
    I played soccer in high school, all league my senior year but never really enjoyed it, I always told my soccer coach I was only playing to get in shape for basketball which went over real well...That being said unless it's USA I could care less, I'll take the NHL playoffs 100/100 if I had to choose.
    Didn't take long for a flop to to make news.. Just cost Croaita. Couldn't even make it half a day..
    My 2014 Predictions:
  • SweetLewSweetLew June 12
    LukeB5301 said:

Didn't take long for a flop to to make news.. Just cost Croaita. Couldn't even make it half a day..

Haha yep what was it 1 game in and already flopping is getting national news.
  • Leraar June 12
    footballjunkie said:

Who's with me!?

I was born in the Netherlands to dutch parents, so I've been watching Netherlands soccer since before I can remember. Last world cup killed me, hoping they can pull something out of their asses this year!
    12 team PPR
    RGIII, Romo, Flacco
    Lacy, Ellington, Vereen, Lattimore, Andre Williams, Lat Murray
    Floyd, Maclin, T Wiliams, Nicks, Roddy, J Matthews, D Adams, K Benjamin
    Thomas, Eifert, ASJ
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT June 12
    Wutthecrapman said:

Players in every sport either flop/act there way to get calls going their way. You know that as well as I do. 

Its tit for tat in the end. Wash of an argument.

It happens waaaay more in soccer though and you know that as well as I do too. Even in hockey if I have the puck and am cutting hard to the goal and the D has the angle on me...if he gets his stick near my skate Ill go down but I wont go down flopping around like a little girl having a tantrum and at least Ill have considerable contact with the defender too. They always look like little sissies when they do it in soccer. Just my opinion of coarse.

• DAXstatic June 13
    Man there are some funny clips in this thread.

I have to say though that soccer is the most aesthetically pleasing sport to my eyes. But I don't watch alot of it, their seasons are far too long. .

Rugby league and the nfl are my games of choice.
  • donvaughndonvaughn June 13
    I don't mind watching soccer for one month every 4 years. I'll definitely watch all the US games.
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYou June 13
    I've played soccer my entire life, even playing for the Navy and tried out for the Chicago Fire.

Once the refs in my leagues got to know me, I got the call every single time I went down. Reason being that they knew that I absolutely hated flopping and that I never want to give anyone the satisfaction of knocking me down. Therefore if I went down, everyone knew that I surely had gotten hit HARD.

I absolutely LOVE soccer but am utterly embarassed with the ridiculous flopping that it is known for. It happens in every single game and when someone flops, I'm always tempted to take them down hard later in the game so they can understand the difference.

The greatest recent rule addition was giving the ref the power to give a yellow card to a flopper. (For those that don't know, 2 yellow cards gets you expelled and makes you miss the following game as well).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    14-Team Dynasty - QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX
    NEWTON, T Pryor - MCCOY, RICE, Ellington, M Ball, C Wood, E Baker - JEFFERY, MARSHALL, V Jackson, K Britt, McCluster, D Alexander, J Morgan - GRONK, J THOMAS, L Toilolo - 2.12, 3.12, 4.12
    14-Team Dynasty - QB, RB, WR, TE, 3FLX
    ROMO - AP, RICE, Ellington, Pierce, D Brown, D Johnson - DEZ, KEENAN, PATTERSON, Hartline, D Alexander, S Rice - GRAHAM, J Gresham, L Toilolo - 1.01, 1.09, 3.12, 4.12
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYou June 13
    I will be cheering for the USA and France - neither of which is expected to do much of anything.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    14-Team Dynasty - QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX
    NEWTON, T Pryor - MCCOY, RICE, Ellington, M Ball, C Wood, E Baker - JEFFERY, MARSHALL, V Jackson, K Britt, McCluster, D Alexander, J Morgan - GRONK, J THOMAS, L Toilolo - 2.12, 3.12, 4.12
    14-Team Dynasty - QB, RB, WR, TE, 3FLX
    ROMO - AP, RICE, Ellington, Pierce, D Brown, D Johnson - DEZ, KEENAN, PATTERSON, Hartline, D Alexander, S Rice - GRAHAM, J Gresham, L Toilolo - 1.01, 1.09, 3.12, 4.12
  • MikeOcherts June 13
    I know it's been around forever but I still find this funny:

The English team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope." said Jose, age 6.

:D
  • Wutthecrapman June 13
    Junkies you must know who this woman is right? Ines Sainz

Futbols best reporter to look at.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass June 13
    Wutthecrapman said:

Junkies you must know who this woman is right? Ines Sainz

Futbols best reporter to look at.

Soccer still isn't interesting to me....but soccer reporting sure is now... :O
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE
    Luck, Cutler
    Spiller, L Bell, Tate, Michael, West, Mason
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Watkins,
    Boykin, Kearse, Britt, M Brown, Janis
    Gronk, Cameron, Ebron
    2 2015 1sts
  • Troy_PolamalyourassTroy_Polamalyourass June 13
    1. I love how this "could've been" 30 second interview became a 3 minute + interview, lol

2. I love as soon as she takes her coat off, every man behind her whips out their phone...
    12 Team PPR Dynasty
    QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE
    Luck, Cutler
    Spiller, L Bell, Tate, Michael, West, Mason
    Calvin, AJ Green, Marshall, Watkins,
    Boykin, Kearse, Britt, M Brown, Janis
    Gronk, Cameron, Ebron
    2 2015 1sts
Add a Comment