Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson December 25
  • branch0095 December 24
  • BuckysGT September 17
  • emurrell17 December 24
  • FarFromHome December 24
  • footballjunkie September 18
  • garyzab September 23
  • Ipkiss December 27
  • JRMRRT July 30
  • meast July 30
  • Needalife July 30
  • pemo July 30
  • TDs_N_Beer July 31
  • wh0urdady July 30
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie December 24
  • Wutthecrapman September 18

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12177
  • bddavidson 11337
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9682
  • BuckysGT 7551
  • LukeB5301 7166
  • garyzab 7109
  • Smitty 6434
  • TBL 4481
  • branch0095 4010
  • fontaines 3970

Who's Online (6)

• 84forever 9:47AM
  • BostonBrowns 9:48AM
  • BuckysGT 9:50AM
  • draftyinhere 9:49AM
  • Rico_519 9:48AM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 9:49AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Over/Under: targets for Torrey Smith
  • footballjunkie
    165 targets for Smith in 2013?
    Over?
    Under?

Keep in mind, Torrey had 110 targets with Pitta and Boldin rostered last year.
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman July 30
    Under, 140 seems about right. You gotta remember Ray will get a significant bump up in targets also.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • pemopemo July 30
    Ray Rice is a good buy low right now imo.  Same with Pierce, I see them both being productive.
    Predictions

[ ] Percy Harvin will be a top 5 PPR wide receiver, outscoring Cobb
    [ ] Danny Amendola will be a top 15 PPR wide receiver
    [ ] Russel Wilson will be a top 4 QB
    [ ] Denario Alexander will be a top 15 PPR WR
  • footballjunkie July 30
    Wutthecrapman said:

Under, 140 seems about right. You gotta remember Ray will get a significant bump up in targets also.

140 targets is only a 15% increase... I can easily see at the very least a 25% increase which would put his 2013 targets right around 165.

Yeah, Rice will se a bump in targets as well... Lets say a 20% increase for Rice

And lets say a 35% percent increase for a combo of Dickson and Shancoe...
    With the remaining 20% to Jacoby and the WR3
  • wh0urdady July 30
    Under, Torrey caught 0 passes in 1st Pitt game with Clark covering him?  Clark covered Boldin in 2nd game...
    QB: Brady, Kaepernick
    RB: McCoy, Miller, D. Richardson, Jackson, Lattimore, McGahee
    WR: Cruz, Blackmon, Gordon, Jeffery, K. Allen
    TE: J. Thomas, Cameron
    K: Hartley
    DST: Texans, Saints
  • meast July 30
    I will guess slightly under 145 targets.......I'm more concerned with how many he catches.
  • NeedalifeNeedalife July 30
    I'm saying under.  Smith's game is much more vertical (ala Mike Wallace) so I don't think he suddenly becomes a ppr monster just because other targets are gone.  My guess is that Ray Rice and Pierce get a bunch more catches and one of those other Baltimore WRs becomes fantasy relevant possibly.... or the entire Baltimore passing game becomes a total suckfest.
    TEAM 1 - Dynasty PPR, start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 FX
    QB - Brees/Luck
    RB - Lynch(Michael,Turbin)/Stacy/Martin/Spiller/Tate
    WR - Megatron/Julio/Dez/Keenan/Rueben/Cordarelle
    TE - Graham/Julius
    footballjunkie said:

Wutthecrapman said:

140 targets is only a 15% increase... I can easily see at the very least a 25% increase which would put his 2013 targets right around 165.

Yeah, Rice will se a bump in targets as well... Lets say a 20% increase for Rice

Anderson say a 35% percent increase for a combo of Dickson and Shancoe...

You also omitted Pierce, Doss and Streeter. Anyone of these players will also look to step up. Only 15%? Tell a fat person to reduce 15% of there weight, ain't so easy! lol Its a good increase for any player. Like Meast indicated, the real stat is how many catches. He'll have to learn (hopefully he has already) to stop alligatoring passes. If so the catches should shoot up. Also folks remember, Joe Flacco is throwing him the ball, he's got a strong arm and a fat wallet but he's not top 10 by no means.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
  • BuckysGT July 30
    footballjunkie said:

165 targets for Smith in 2013?
    Over?
    Under?

Keep in mind, Torrey had 110 targets with Pitta and Boldin rostered last year.

Over.

I think Rice sees and increase as well. The other role players will pick up the rest of the targets.
  • footballjunkie July 30
    Wutthecrapman said:

footballjunkie said:

Wutthecrapman said:

Anderson say a 35% percent increase for a combo of Dickson and Shancoe...

You also omitted Pierce, Doss and Streeter.
    Anyone of these players will also look to step up. Only 15%? Tell a fat person to reduce 15% of there weight, ain't so easy! lol Its a good increase for any player. Like Meast indicated, the real stat is how many catches. He'll have to learn (hopefully he has already) to stop alligatoring passes. If so the catches should shoot up. Also folks remember, Joe Flacco is throwing him the ball, he's got a strong arm and a fat wallet but he's not top 10 by no means.

I didn't omit them... here's the breakdown of Boldin and Pitta 206 combined targets from last year:
    25% increase to Smith... 52 more targets than last year... about 3 more targets a game than last year
    20% to Rice... 41 more targets than last year... about 2.5 more targets a game than last year
    35% to Dickson/Shancoe... 73 more targets than last year combined... about 4.5 more targets a game combined
    20% to JonesWR2/WR3(Doss or Streeter or Thompson)... 41 more targets than last year combined
    0% to Pierce ... he won't see a significant increase in targets, may even see less than last year
    0% to WR4(Doss or Streeter or Thompson) won't see a significant increase in targets, may even see less than last year
    These statistical percentages is what you merely guessing what the outcome might be in 2013 correct? Therefore there is a good chance it could be completely off also right? I  just need to make sure here...

• Whos_Ur_Doggie July 30
    Under.  I'm just not seeing a jump from 110 to 165 targets at all.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT July 30
    Im gonna say under

• FarFromHomeFarFromHome July 30
    Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

your not seeing a jump in 50 plus targets?...even though they just lost over 200?....and added NOBODY....I see 170plus which is why im really starting to buy him where I can...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman July 31
    As per Andy Behrens,

Torrey Smith was targeted 110 times last year, and it would be a small surprise if that number doesn't jump into the 125-135 range. (Flacco has never attempted 550 passes in a season, so it seems doubtful any Ravens receiver will see 150-160 looks.)

Flacco has never passed for more than 25 TDs in any year, he's never averaged 240 yards per game, and he's never ranked among the top-16 per-game fantasy scorers at his position. He's becoming what Troy Aikman used to be — an outstanding real-life quarterback who doesn't pay the fantasy bills.

I mirror his thoughts.

• Whos_Ur_Doggie July 31
    FarFromHome said:

Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

your not seeing a jump in 50 plus targets?...even though they just lost over 200?....and added NOBODY....I see 170plus which is why im really starting to buy him where I can...

Sorry FFH, just not seeing it buddy.  I see a slight bump for Smith but not 50 additional targets.  Yes, they lost Boldin but they will also have someone on the field to replace him obviously.  That player will see the ball too.  I also think they have increased their offensive packages for increased TE production this year as well.  With Pitta's injury, I see Dickson being more involved this year as well. Add to that an increase in receptions for Rice/Pierce and you have just about eaten up most of the targets that were received by Boldin in 2012.
    DC Nation Moderator
  • bddavidsonbddavidson July 31
    Wutthecrapman said:

As per Andy Behrens,

Torrey Smith was targeted 110 times last year, and it would be a small surprise if that number doesn't jump into the 125-135 range. (Flacco has never attempted 550 passes in a season, so it seems doubtful any Ravens receiver will see 150-160 looks.)

Flacco has never passed for more than 25 TDs in any year, he's never averaged 240 yards per game, and he's never ranked among the top-16 per-game fantasy scorers at his position. He's becoming what Troy Aikman used to be — an outstanding real-life quarterback who doesn't pay the fantasy bills.

I mirror his thoughts.

not sure I would compare Flacco to Troy!
    X(
    DC Nation Moderator
  • TDs_N_BeerTDs_N_Beer July 31
    Wutthecrapman said:

These statistical percentages is what you merely guessing what the outcome might be in 2013 correct? Therefore there is a good chance it could be completely off also right? I  just need to make sure here...

Isn't that what this site is about? Smitty and his staff are "guessing" on their rankings and estimated fantasy point totals as well. Everyone is guessing, they could be right or wrong. To call out one person for guessing seems wrong to me because we are all guessing.
    Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
    Rodgers, Romo, McCoy, D Wilson Vereen, K Hunter, I Pead R White, V Jax, G Tate, S Smith (CAR), James Jones, V Davis
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome August 1

who am I to disagree with andy...but....two things that for me are factors....first the defense losing two hall of famers is set to drop down a notch...right?....I mean its hard to imagine losing what those two guys brought mentally and physically and not performing a lower level...even a little....that keeps games closer and doesn't allow them to sit on games late and forces them to throw a bit...second...okay ill take his "never attempted 450 throws in a season"...ill be modest and just give him 425 throws this year...start dividing them out...torrey...torrey...ill lower my targets and go the easy way out and say...140-170 is the range in my mind....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman August 1
    TDs_N_Beer said:

Wutthecrapman said:

Isn't that what this site is about? Smitty and his staff are "guessing" on their rankings and estimated fantasy point totals as well. Everyone is guessing, they could be right or wrong. To call out one person for guessing seems wrong to me because we are all guessing.
    Huh? oh brother... I made my "guess" in my original post if you read. It was questioned. So I basically took the route you did and said these are mere assumptions, I also pointed out two individuals whom I thought he omitted. He claims they're irrelevant, not the case imo but whatever floats his boat. Nobodies calling one out here TD and Beer, in fact I personally welcome it because I can back it any day of the week. Myself and junkies have a well documented history on not being on the same page and we express our views via posts. I may not agree with his guesses and he may not with mine but its mutual. So if big brother wants to start defending an ongoing entertaining yingamaroo I'm more than happy to oblige. But I urge you to read the full friggin post and come to a realization that this has been tit for tat for quite some time now. Heck I can sell tickets for it some day. In closing UNDER, ah marone...

• FarFromHomeFarFromHome August 1
    huh...just for fun I was looking at qb stats for last year...I wonder if mr andy realized that flacco only had 20 less attempts then aaron Rodgers?...and that he was 14th in the league in passing attempts...kinda shatters the basis of his entire argument...figured if he was writing an article he would of put some time and looked at the numbers...guess not

Add a Comment