Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson April 23
  • branch0095 April 22
  • BuckysGT April 22
  • donvaughn April 22
  • emurrell17 April 22
  • EverydownBack April 23
  • fontaines April 23
  • haimez40 April 22
  • hawk12 April 23
  • JRMRRT April 23
  • k_stewart_21 April 23
  • k0wned April 22
  • Linebacker April 22
  • N_Diddy April 22
  • popo24 April 23
  • SMFFCN April 22
  • Smitty April 23
  • stewss7 April 23
  • Swampies April 22
  • SweetLew April 22
  • TBL April 22
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie April 22

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13260
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13135
  • JRMRRT 12639
  • Wutthecrapman 9986
  • LukeB5301 8289
  • BuckysGT 8076
  • Smitty 7871
  • garyzab 7116
  • TBL 4970
  • fontaines 4932
  • branch0095 4926

Who's Online (2)

• TD_Vulture 4:21AM
  • WeekEnd_Warriors 4:24AM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
FaceOff: Nick Foles or Aaron Rodgers
  • SweetLewSweetLew April 22
    I like Foles a lot and if the choice was to grab AROD in say the 2nd or Foles in the 4th I'm taking Foles all day, I never reach for qbs in a startup unless it's something like a superflex or 2qb.
  • donvaughndonvaughn April 22
    Rodgers not even close
  • EverydownBackEverydownBack April 22
    Rogers for sure- Nelson alone is twice good as any WR Foles has to throw to
  • k_stewart_21k_stewart_21 April 22
    SweetLew said:

Lol I remember when Matt Flynn threw for 6tds in 1 game...How'd he turn out?

This
    A. Rodgers
    L. McCoy, M. Lynch, L. Bell, B. Brown, S. Greene
    B. Marshall, R. Cobb, R. Wayne, T. Smith, M. Floyd, M. Jones, E. Sanders
    A. Gates
  • popo24 April 22
    I think you have a far better sample size from Foles than you did Flynn. 27:2 ratio can't be overlooked.

• SmittySmitty April 22
    popo24 said:

I think you have a far better sample size from Foles than you did Flynn. 27:2 ratio can't be overlooked.

Exactly. 11 games is a grip of games in a highly-complicated, highly-active Chip Kelly offense. You can't fake it to make it for 11 games, nor do you win Pro Bowl MVP and impress other receivers all over the place. The dude is money. He is smart, and he plays in an offense that has: LeSean McCoy, Darren Sproles, Zach Ertz, Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper and a potential rookie on the way from an outstanding rookie WR class. The loss of DJax isn't good, sure, but I don't think it's a big dent at all. A healthy Maclin (sure, let's see for how long) and Sproles can replace DJax, not mention Ertz will step up. I can't wait. Watch out NFC East.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 April 22
    Foles looks like he's going to be a very good QB, but the guy hasn't even played a season yet. This isn't even a question, give me Rodgers.

As far as the value of Foles against Rodgers? In many cases, the value isn't even there anymore. Many are VERY high on Foles. I've done 2 startups this offseason, and Foles has come off the board as QB4 and QB5. At those prices, there's way too much risk when compared to Rodgers. If I'm going to invest QB4-5 value, I'd much rather pay a little more and invest QB1-3 value in Rodgers(I say 1-3 because I've seen both Luck/Cam be drafted before Rodgers in certain instances) and sleep like a baby. I like Foles a lot in the QB9-12 range, but as a top 4-5 QB, his upside is already cooked into his price.
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • SmittySmitty April 22
    branch0095 said:

Foles looks like he's going to be a very good QB, but the guy hasn't even played a season yet. This isn't even a question, give me Rodgers.

As far as the value of Foles against Rodgers? In many cases, the value isn't even there anymore. Many are VERY high on Foles. I've done 2 startups this offseason, and Foles has come off the board as QB4 and QB5. At those prices, there's way too much risk when compared to Rodgers. If I'm going to invest QB4-5 value, I'd much rather pay a little more and invest QB1-3 value in Rodgers(I say 1-3 because I've seen both Luck/Cam be drafted before Rodgers in certain instances) and sleep like a baby. I like Foles a lot in the QB9-12 range, but as a top 4-5 QB, his upside is already cooked into his price.

I'm still actually still loving the QB4-5 value, as that's third round at best in most cases... He can be fantasy football's top scorer, that's still HUGE ceiling. It was bigger when he was a 4th and 5th rounder, sure, but anytime you can get a top 1-3QB in the 3rd round, or a guy that can outscore all other fantasy players, that's crazy-good.

As for not having enough sample to look at, I hear you, and don't blame you for wanting more. But, keep in mind I'm still promoting that i only buy low and draft low, and 3rd is still low to me. So, I quietly like Foles as much as Rodgers, or anyone, but I sure as heck won't be drafting or trading for him at that value. But, forced to predict end of year stats, Foles and Rodgers are neck and neck. 

Great debate, good points by all!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 April 22
    Smitty said:

branch0095 said:

I'm still actually still loving the QB4-5 value, as that's third round at best in most cases... He can be fantasy football's top scorer, that's still HUGE ceiling. It was bigger when he was a 4th and 5th rounder, sure, but anytime you can get a top 1-3QB in the 3rd round, or a guy that can outscore all other fantasy players, that's crazy-good.

As for not having enough sample to look at, I hear you, and don't blame you for wanting more. But, keep in mind I'm still promoting that i only buy low and draft low, and 3rd is still low to me. So, I quietly like Foles as much as Rodgers, or anyone, but I sure as heck won't be drafting or trading for him at that value. But, forced to predict end of year stats, Foles and Rodgers are neck and neck. 

I understand, if he's your guy than there's nothing wrong with it. Part of my issue is just investing high value in ANY QB in a 1QB league. More times than not, it's just lost value (at least in a startup). As far as Foles in the 3rd round still being a bit of a value, that's where we disagree. Rodgers has commonly been going in the early 3rd in 1QB 12 team leagues. So Foles in the 3rd is pretty much an equal price tag to Rodgers. 

I should state that seeing Rodgers in the early 3rd is happening in 4pt passing TD leagues. I'm sure he goes in the mid 2nd in 6pt passing TD leagues, so in that case Foles is a bit cheaper in the 3rd round.
    2014 predictions

(3/16) Toby Gerhart will have 1400 total yards and 8TDs
    (3/16) Cobb will outscore Allen in PPR
  • SmittySmitty April 22
    branch0095 said:

Smitty said:

branch0095 said:

I understand, if he's your guy than there's nothing wrong with it. Part of my issue is just investing high value in ANY QB in a 1QB league. More times than not, it's just lost value (at least in a startup). As far as Foles in the 3rd round still being a bit of a value, that's where we disagree. Rodgers has commonly been going in the early 3rd in 1QB 12 team leagues. So Foles in the 3rd is pretty much an equal price tag to Rodgers. 

I should state that seeing Rodgers in the early 3rd is happening in 4pt passing TD leagues. I'm sure he goes in the mid 2nd in 6pt passing TD leagues, so in that case Foles is a bit cheaper in the 3rd round.

Yeah, but in those cases, where Rodgers is a 3rd, then since Foles is 2-3 QBs later, he is a 4th rounder in that scenario.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • k_stewart_21k_stewart_21 April 23
    I have had Rodgers since day one as a starter. I've never carried a back up qb since. Would just pick one up on his bye week, until last season. Idk if I could put that much confidence in any other qb in ff.
    A. Rodgers
    L. McCoy, M. Lynch, L. Bell, B. Brown, S. Greene
    B. Marshall, R. Cobb, R. Wayne, T. Smith, M. Floyd, M. Jones, E. Sanders
    A. Gates
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT April 23
    EverydownBack said:

Rogers for sure- Nelson alone is twice good as any WR Foles has to throw to

Great QBs can produce without great WRs. They make others around them better. Brady is a perfect example. Maclin, Cooper, Ertz and McCoy will be plenty good for Foles to be a stud.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • fontaines April 23
    i voted Foles.  Rodger's production has tapered off last few years.  i don't trust him to put up a 5 td game with ease like he used to.  

Foles has alot to prove.  i can see taking that gamble in fantasy. I don't consider Rodgers a "difference maker" anymore, but he's a top 5 qb for sure

• bddavidsonbddavidson April 23
    fontaines said:

i voted Foles.  Rodger's production has tapered off last few years.  i don't trust him to put up a 5 td game with ease like he used to.  

Foles has alot to prove.  i can see taking that gamble in fantasy. I don't consider Rodgers a "difference maker" anymore, but he's a top 5 qb for sure

rodgers needs a true #1 wr ..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • EverydownBackEverydownBack April 23
    I hear that JR but not sure if I would classify Foles as a "great QB". Kevin Kolb was heavily touted going into the 2010 season as the new starter. His season Was derailed by injury but since then he has proven that he'll never be much of a NFL QB.
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT April 23
    EverydownBack said:

I hear that JR but not sure if I would classify Foles as a "great QB". Kevin Kolb was heavily touted going into the 2010 season as the new starter. His season Was derailed by injury but since then he has proven that he'll never be much of a NFL QB.

Looked great to me when I watched him. 

• SmittySmitty April 23
    JRMRRT said:

EverydownBack said:

11 played games last year (that's no small sample), on pace for 4000, 39TDs, 3ints (that should be a telling ratio!!!), 3 rushing TDs as well. Won pro bowl MVP... That's on your way to studville! Others may wait for more than 11 games, I won't.. By then it's too late to buy or draft.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • stewss7stewss7 April 23
    Is "Pro Bowl MVP" supposed to mean something?
    @stewss7
  • popo24 April 23
    Smitty said:

JRMRRT said:

EverydownBack said:

11 played games last year (that's no small sample), on pace for 4000, 39TDs, 3ints (that should be a telling ratio!!!), 3 rushing TDs as well. Won pro bowl MVP... That's on your way to studville! Others may wait for more than 11 games, I won't.. By then it's too late to buy or draft.

My feelings exactly, Smitty

stewss7 said:

Is "Pro Bowl MVP" supposed to mean something?

Well it is the pro bowl, but some recognition does have to go to the fact that he outperformed all the other "studs" there. I totally understand people having apprehension, I did myeself.. Kept waiting for him to take a dump all last season and he never did. Could have picked him up for free last year and didn't. Ended up trading Spiller and Crabtree for him and a pick. They were RB4/WR4 for me, but still a fair price to pay.

• hawk12hawk12 April 23
    I'm a huge Philly fan, and the guy on this forum that told you all to watch out for Foles way back before last years training camp was more than two weeks in... on a thread asking for the next deep sleeper QB
      I heard things from the practice field 'eyes' (yes I have friends that go to practice and watch), I also know and work with former Eagles that have ears on the ground and get locker room access - so the scoop was that Foles was gonna be the starter and was Chip's guy.

Yet after all the inside info, none of them are saying Foles is the next Brees like you guys are touting around here.  Slow your role a bit. 
    Foles will be a very good NFL QB, and Chip's system puts up points and runs lots of plays = lots of opportunity for FF players; but he's going to come down to earth this year.  Teams, more specifically D coordinators have a full year of tape on Chip's system / plays / favorite calls in situations and this is a league of adjustments.... Foles will come back to earth, like all hot QB mentioned above have done.

Believing Foles is an elite QB means you also believe he has the offensive system, and such a good coach that he can adjust to D adjsutments....  Do you really believe in Chip?
    I like Chip, but I'm not sold on him being e great NFL coach  just yet.
    I hear Chip still has over half of his system to install, and 2/3 of his playbook has not been opened yet.  Does that mean Foles is gonna be great, or does that mean that Chip showed pass, and this is the year he runs the crap out of it to throw off all those D co-ordinators....  Cause that's what the offseason program is hinting at, per an offseason trraining coach's instructions to get them ready for.  The conditioning from last year will be increased yet again, and that means beating up Defenses physically, which reads running it in the second half A LOT.
    See late season 4th quarter games last year... Hint of things to come, SHADY, SHADY, SHADY is gonna have a huge year.
    Just my take, with a few lunch conversations from guys way more in the know than me sprinkled into my opinions above
Add a Comment