Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 27
  • branch0095 February 16
  • chaindog35 February 16
  • dunlap13 February 28
  • emurrell17 February 28
  • fontaines February 25
  • Go With What You Got!!!! February 27
  • Ipkiss February 25
  • jknighton February 28
  • JRMRRT February 28
  • LukeB5301 February 27
  • Payton34 7:07AM
  • rabidbucfan February 25
  • Scorp February 15
  • Swampies February 27
  • SweetLew February 28
  • TBL February 15
  • TexasBornCowboysFan February 27
  • TheHuddle 2:25PM
  • tmoney February 27
  • vincentjmack 6:57AM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 11
  • Wutthecrapman February 19
  • zeeshan2 4:26PM

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12659
  • bddavidson 12270
  • JRMRRT 11272
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7747
  • LukeB5301 7574
  • Smitty 7110
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4721
  • fontaines 4514
  • branch0095 4395

Who's Online (11)

• branch0095 6:19PM
  • BuckysGT 6:19PM
  • ChazMichaelMichaels 6:18PM
  • Dynomite 6:20PM
  • emurrell17 6:19PM
  • hawk12 6:18PM
  • Iceman 6:18PM
  • SMFFCN 6:20PM
  • tone1oc 6:19PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 6:20PM
  • zildjian 6:18PM
Homepage | Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
*** Official Off-Season Free Agency Thread ***
  • SmittySmitty
    Hear a rumor, post it!

Once FA arrives and signings take place, post 'em!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SwampiesSwampies February 5
    Antrel Rolle Trying to “Sell” New York Giants to Jermichael Finley
    February 4th, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    By Dan Benton
    Although help along the offensive line is the New York Giants' most glaring need, there's little flash about 300+ lbs. men battling it out in the trenches. And as General Manager Jerry Reese can attest, Big Blue fans like flashy. It's for that reason a hot offseason topic will be unrestricted free agent tight end Jermichael Finley, who not only fits a need for the Giants, but would find a comfortable place in a Ben McAdoo-run offense.

Like many fans, Giants players are not immune to this line of thinking. It's for that reason safety Antrel Rolle spent much of Super Bowl Sunday trying to "sell" the New York Giants to the talented tight end, reports Tom Rock of Newsday.

"He said that he would love to be a part of the Giants," Rolle said. "He was telling me Ben McAdoo is a brain, that he’s going to keep defenses guessing, he’s very smart. I just said ‘Yes!’"

And playing for the Giants is not a new thought for Finley. The six-year veteran said during Super Bowl week that "if [Ben McAdoo] came calling, I guess I'd go running."

The major concern with Finley is a serious neck injury — and subsequent surgery — that ended his 2013 season. However, while making the rounds at Radio Row a week ago, Finley told Pro Football Talk that he's about 99.9% recovered and will be cleared for contact sometime over the next three or four weeks. He was previously cleared to run routes and catch passes.

Health could make Finley a hot free agent commodity. In 70 career games with the Green Bay Packers, the tight end hauled in 223 passes for 2,785 yards and 20 touchdowns. His best season came in 2011 when he caught 55 passes for 767 yards and eight touchdowns.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • SwampiesSwampies February 8
    Gonzalez doesn’t rule out a 2014 return

In a new ESPN the Magazine article, retired (for now) Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez muses about a possible return for 2014.

“Maybe, if the team is hot in November, 9–2 or something, I could come back for the last two months,” Gonzalez said.

The article by Seth Wickersham then quickly creates the impression that Gonzalez decided not long after saying that to call it quits, based apparently on an incident during a game against the Packers. Safety Morgan Burnett (who denies it) reportedly said, “F–k you! You ain’t sh-t!” to Gonzalez, and no Falcons teammates intervened.

On Friday, Gonzalez didn’t rule out a bandwagon-type return to the Falcons in 2014, if it appears that the team is on track for a Super Bowl appearance.

During an appearance on CBS Sports Radio, host Doug Gottlieb presented a hypothetical: the Falcons are 10-0, and they have yet to replace Gonzalez at tight end.

“Can I got back to the last couple of years when I used to say I’m 97-percent sure?” Gonzalez said. “I’d probably take them up on that offer, especially if they’re 10-0.”

Yes, he was laughing. But he could have laughed and said, “No. No. No. I’m done.”

He didn’t. Until he does, the door will still be slightly more than zero-percent open, even though he has said he’s 100 percent done.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    K Steven Hauschka

• SwampiesSwampies February 8
    What becomes of New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks remains to be seen, but the general consensus is that he will not return in 2014. As such, the Giants may be in the market for another wide receiver, and now that Ben McAdoo will be calling the plays for them, familiarity could play a role in that search. As such, speculation has begun to circulate about the Giants' potential interest in pending Green Bay Packers free agent James Jones.

Mike Morbeck / Foter / CC BY-SA
    The likely key with Jones, as opposed to other high-profile free agents like Golden Tate, is that he's unlikely to break the bank. And with a ton of money already tied up in Victor Cruz, as well as guaranteed roster spots for Rueben Randle and Jerrel Jernigan (who thought we'd ever say that about JJ?), he would appear to make the most sense.

And while a recent projection run by Over the Cap has James landing with the New York Jets, it's his anticipated contract that screams Giants: two-years, $6 million.
    K Steven Hauschka

• zeeshan2zeeshan2 February 11
    Rumor is Eric Decker wants 9 million a season. Will edit with story and full rumor later
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 11
    zeeshan2 said:

Rumor is Eric Decker wants 9 million a season. Will edit with story and full rumor later

Seen this yesterday... He's in for a long off season if he wants that IMO
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SwampiesSwampies February 11
    Would be surprised if Seattle picks up top WR's at a low cost knowing their ability to get back to super bowl.
    K Steven Hauschka

Swampies said:

Would be surprised if Seattle picks up top WR's at a low cost knowing their ability to get back to super bowl.

Opps wouldn't be surprised!
    K Steven Hauschka

• Whos_Ur_DoggieWhos_Ur_Doggie February 11
    LukeB5301 said:

zeeshan2 said:

Seen this yesterday... He's in for a long off season if he wants that IMO

Is Decker asking for $9 mil or is it ESPN's belief that Decker could command it in free agency?

(Rotoworld)ESPN New York expects free agent Eric Decker to command "No. 1"
    receiver-type money, or "at least" $9 million per year.

Analysis: It's a pretty optimistic projection in a year where the
    incoming collegiate receiver group is considered incredibly deep. We'll say this
    for Decker: Greg Jennings landed a deal worth $9 million annually from the
    Vikings last offseason, and Decker is worth more than him. Still, if Decker is
    going to command that kind of money, receiver-needy teams would be savvy to
    exhaust all possible alternatives. He's a strong No. 2 wideout in the NFL, but
    does not tilt coverage.

DC Nation Moderator
    Brandon Weeden wants out of Cleveland:

On Tuesday, the Cleveland Browns organization once again showed signs of its instability when the announcement abruptly came down that both general manager Mike Lombardi and CEO Joe Banner would be leaving the organization, and Ray Farmer–the assistant GM–would be taking over the GM duties.

Now generally with movement like this, there are some serious ripple effects, and one effect regarding this particular situation may involve former first-round draft pick, Brandon Weeden, making his move away from the team as NFL.com’s Mike Silver points out that Weeden feels a change is indeed in order.

NFL: AroundTheLeague @NFL_ATL
    Follow
    Mike Silver: Brandon Weeden wants out of Cleveland.
    7:04 PM - 11 Feb 2014
    zeeshan2 said:

Brandon Weeden wants out of Cleveland:

On Tuesday, the Cleveland Browns organization once again showed signs of its instability when the announcement abruptly came down that both general manager Mike Lombardi and CEO Joe Banner would be leaving the organization, and Ray Farmer–the assistant GM–would be taking over the GM duties.

Now generally with movement like this, there are some serious ripple effects, and one effect regarding this particular situation may involve former first-round draft pick, Brandon Weeden, making his move away from the team as NFL.com’s Mike Silver points out that Weeden feels a change is indeed in order.

NFL: AroundTheLeague @NFL_ATL
    Follow
    Mike Silver: Brandon Weeden wants out of Cleveland.
    7:04 PM - 11 Feb 2014

Ha I bet he'll handcuff Gordon while he's at it telling him where ever I go you have to follow me!
    Since Gordon made him look like a QB!
    K Steven Hauschka

More Browns news: 

Looks like Greg Little will stay another year in Cleveland.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Under the old regime,  WR Greg Little was almost certainly going to be cut. Now? Maybe he has a chance to stay another year.

• emurrell17 February 14
    I really think Seattle takes a wr in the draft. Benjamin or Robinson or Adams could be a great addition
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • ScorpScorp February 15
    The Lions released Nate Burleson and veteran safety Louis Delmas on Thursday in cost-saving moves that freed up $11.5 million in much-needed cap space. He was set to count more than $7.5 million against the cap because of previous contract restructures, and at 32 was coming off two injury-riddled seasons.
  • SwampiesSwampies February 15
    New England Patriots Could Be Potential Landing Spot for New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks
    February 15th, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    By Doug Rush
    Four months ago at the NFL trade deadline, there was a lot of speculation and rumors about the possibility of the New York Giants dealing away disappointing wide receiver Hakeem Nicks — especially when the team was at 0-6 and looking like their season was a lost one. Ultimately, the Giants decided to hang onto Nicks for the second half of the season and attempted to make a playoff run with him in the offense.

Before the team made their attempt to get back in the thick of the playoff race, there were several teams linked to having interest in Nicks with the New England Patriots being one of them. Now that Nicks is a free agent and likely going to land elsewhere in 2014, Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald alluded to how the team could make a run at Nicks in free agency if they aren't able to bring back Julian Edelman.

"However, the Patriots have more immediate needs to fill in the early rounds, especially on the defensive line and at tight end. Unless Evans or Benjamin falls, it might be counterproductive to add another youngster to the mix, as it would actually put Thompkins and Boyce on the roster bubble. That puts the Pats in play for a free agent, and last year’s upper-echelon group (Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings) earned between $9 million and $12 million in average annual value, and that might be Eric Decker this offseason. After Decker, the biggest names are Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks, but their value will be determined by their medical checks."

With Wes Welker departing to the Denver Broncos in free agency, Edelman ended up taking over Welker's role in the Patriots offense and became a favorite for Tom Brady and broke out in 2013 with a 105 catch, 1,056 yard and six touchdown season; one that could score him a nice payday on the open market and maybe even out of the Patriots price range; some have said the Houston Texans could be a landing spot for Edelman considering former Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien is now Houston's head coach and Edelman could find familiarity in the offense and team under O'Brien.

Edelman's status to the Patriots has been stressed by a lot of people in the New England area especially because Danny Amendola never lived up to the hype that came with him when he signed as a free agent and was looked at to be the Patriots number one receiver, but instead, put up more number two receiver numbers with 54 catches for 633 yards and two touchdowns; thus why people up in Boston are high on Edelman coming back. But if not, Nicks could be someone the Patriots end up targeting in free agency, that is if he is still available.

In 2013, Nicks had a very disappointing year in his contract season as he had 56 catches for 898 yards and no touchdowns and while Victor Cruz has been lobbying for the team to re-sign his friend and teammate, many around the league and team think that due to the disappointment over the last two seasons, Nicks' departure after five seasons is likely to happen and if the Patriots are unsuccessful in bringing back their new emerging target, they could end up buying low on Nicks and hope that he rekindles his talents playing alongside another top quarterback in Brady.
    K Steven Hauschka

• zeeshan2zeeshan2 February 15
    Wow Nicks in NE; I am also hearing Ravens are targeting Julian Edelman
  • TBLTBL February 15
    Love both those spots for Nicks and Edelman.
  • branch0095 February 16
    This gets a little old after a while. What is it with news reports linking almost every FA WR with NE year after year?
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • chaindog35chaindog35 February 16
    branch0095 said:

This gets a little old after a while. What is it with news reports linking almost every FA WR with NE year after year?

I agree. I'll wait to see who signs where before I make any decisions.

• Payton34Payton34 February 17
    TBL said:

Love both those spots for Nicks and Edelman.

I think Edelman anywhere else is NOT good for him... JMO
    NON-PPR, 6pt TD Pass, Return Yards Count, Start 1-3 RBs
    QB - Brees, RG III, Cousins
    RB - Charles, L Bell, Z Stacy
    WR - Marshall, J Nelson, Randle, R Cooper, Hopkins, Harvin, D Rogers, G Whalen
    TE - J Cook, J Thomas, K Rudolph, T Gonzalez
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle February 17
    Edelman in Denver?  Im hearing they may have interest if they let Decker & Caldwell go.

Decker's market value is estimated @ 9-11 mil per year & Denver will probably max their offer @ 5mil as they have DT & Julius contracts up next year.
Add a Comment