Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• Airek March 12
  • andr3wl 2:25PM
  • bddavidson 12:14PM
  • boobam13 2:21PM
  • branch0095 3:04PM
  • BuckysGT March 14
  • CARramrod958 March 14
  • chaindog35 March 12
  • ChazMichaelMichaels March 14
  • CMZap March 13
  • cohendpt March 14
  • donvaughn 3:11PM
  • doodledog March 12
  • dunlap13 February 28
  • emurrell17 March 14
  • FarFromHome 10:13AM
  • fontaines March 14
  • GoWithWhatYouGot 2:58PM
  • greatprodigy March 10
  • Iceman March 7
  • Ipkiss February 25
  • Jalane53 March 12
  • jknighton March 14
  • JRMRRT 12:17PM
  • Leraar March 13
  • LukeB5301 12:21PM
  • NA12 6:48AM
  • Payton34 12:40PM
  • rabidbucfan March 14
  • Scorp February 15
  • Smitty 12:12PM
  • Swampies 11:18AM
  • SweetLew March 14
  • TBL 11:53AM
  • TexasBornCowboysFan March 14
  • TheHuddle 3:45AM
  • tmoney 11:15AM
  • Troy_Polamalyourass 9:23AM
  • vincentjmack 9:46AM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie March 14
  • Wutthecrapman February 19
  • zeeshan2 1:08PM

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12819
  • bddavidson 12436
  • JRMRRT 11733
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • LukeB5301 7866
  • BuckysGT 7864
  • Smitty 7410
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4791
  • fontaines 4646
  • branch0095 4554

Who's Online (11)

• ArtyS 4:32PM
  • branch0095 4:33PM
  • chaindog35 4:31PM
  • chrisrez 4:30PM
  • CruzControl 4:30PM
  • emurrell17 4:30PM
  • greatprodigy 4:32PM
  • jessejanderson 4:31PM
  • meast 4:30PM
  • tailgator 4:30PM
  • zeeshan2 4:31PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
*** Official Off-Season Free Agency Thread ***
  • TexasBornCowboysFanTexasBornCowboysFan February 27
    vincentjmack said:

Sarcastaball might end up being a real thing soon

The guys around here would be 1st round picks.
    Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

• tmoney February 27
    LukeB5301 said:

dunlap13 said:

LukeB5301 said:

zeeshan2 said:

Nfl discussing a new rules in which if you use the n word, it's a 15 yard penalty

I'm not a fan of this rule.. Of course I'm a fan of players not using the word but I'm really sick of these non football things affecting the game itself(IE celebrations).. Fine the guy, stop letting this crap change the game. 

I disagree. If you are offended if someone says it. Then you shouldn't say it. Regardless if you're playing football or in your own home.

What does that have to do with it effecting the game? Let football plays effect the game and stupid crap effect their paychecks..

According to the NFL,  "N-word bad.  Redskins, perfectly acceptable." 
  • Payton34Payton34 February 28
    tmoney said:

LukeB5301 said:

dunlap13 said:

LukeB5301 said:

zeeshan2 said:

Nfl discussing a new rules in which if you use the n word, it's a 15 yard penalty

I'm not a fan of this rule.. Of course I'm a fan of players not using the word but I'm really sick of these non football things affecting the game itself(IE celebrations).. Fine the guy, stop letting this crap change the game. 

I disagree. If you are offended if someone says it. Then you shouldn't say it. Regardless if you're playing football or in your own home.

What does that have to do with it effecting the game? Let football plays effect the game and stupid crap effect their paychecks..

According to the NFL,  "N-word bad.  Redskins, perfectly acceptable." 

Really the whole discussion comes down to context...

Blacks typically don't use the 'N' word in an insulting or disparaging way, whereas when whites use it often times it IS meant in the worst possible way....

LIkewise "Redskins" is not meant in a disparaging way, but a vocal minority seem to think that its a term that just shouldn't be used at all...
    NON-PPR, 6pt TD Pass, Return Yards Count, Start 1-3 RBs
    QB - Brees, RG III, Cousins
    RB - Charles, L Bell, Z Stacy
    WR - Marshall, J Nelson, Randle, R Cooper, Hopkins, Harvin, D Rogers, G Whalen
    TE - J Cook, J Thomas, K Rudolph
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle February 28
    There is a report on SI.com NFL Free Agency Rumors & Buzz.  Colts are interested in Decker.

4-6 teams interested in Maclin.

• JRMRRTJRMRRT February 28
    I agree with tmoney here. This rule would be about political correctness and not using anything that offensive to anyone. They pass this rule for that language then they have to change the Redskins name and logo. Some people find the N word offensive and some dont and some find the Redskins offensive while some dont either. Its not about context at all to me. Some black people find the N word offensive even when 2 black people are using it in a non-disparaging way between eachother. Im pretty sure older black men and women that suffered and fought threw the civil rights movement dont like hearing that word in any context. 

DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle February 28
    I think in all levels of sports up to professional (Little League- College) you will get penalized for swearing & pretty sure if you called a guy the n-word you have possible suspension.  

Now NBA & NFL these guys are pro's & pretty much anything goes.  The NFL just realizes they mic up a lot of players now & use this as major entertainment.  This is the real reason I think.  NFL wants to alert players they will be penalized & fined for using that language.  They are eliminating a possible issue.  It's a rule: deal with it.  
    It should be for all derogatory language then and not just one word if its a miced up issue. They have delays for TV and sound.

• emurrell17 February 28
    TheHuddle said:

I think in all levels of sports up to professional (Little League- College) you will get penalized for swearing & pretty sure if you called a guy the n-word you have possible suspension.  

Now NBA & NFL these guys are pro's & pretty much anything goes.  The NFL just realizes they mic up a lot of players now & use this as major entertainment.  This is the real reason I think.  NFL wants to alert players they will be penalized & fined for using that language.  They are eliminating a possible issue.  It's a rule: deal with it.  

Nope. I played high school basketball and football and I cussed all the time, my teammates cusses all the time and the opposing players cussed all the time. I would be upset if I had gotten penalized, my team had gotten penalized or the other team. Like seriously...I don't even want a 15 yard penalty to happen to the other team for some stupid bs like that.

And I completely agree with Payton! 99% of black people that I know don't use that word in an offensive way nor are they offended when other people say it. If different cultures are racist and have intent to harm another human being, then they will find another way to do it. Eliminating that word eliminates neither racism nor bullying...
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
    I played HS hockey and the language between players was crazy and even bad with the refs. Now I played lacrosse too and it was the complete opposite. I couldnt believe the players had to call the refs "sir".LOL.

• zeeshan2zeeshan2 February 28
    Can't believe Dqwell Jackson got released; he's their best LB
  • SweetLewSweetLew February 28
    Pitta 5yr deal to Baltimore.
  • dunlap13dunlap13 February 28
    Maclin 1 yr deal with phi
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • jknightonjknighton February 28
    JRMRRT said:

I agree with tmoney here. This rule would be about political correctness and not using anything that offensive to anyone. They pass this rule for that language then they have to change the Redskins name and logo. Some people find the N word offensive and some dont and some find the Redskins offensive while some dont either. Its not about context at all to me. Some black people find the N word offensive even when 2 black people are using it in a non-disparaging way between eachother. Im pretty sure older black men and women that suffered and fought threw the civil rights movement dont like hearing that word in any context. 

Exactly, I'm Native American but I don't find Redskin to be offensive. But I know older Native Americans who find it to be very offensive.

• Payton34Payton34 February 28
    My point is that if we considered context and intent, a lot fewer people would get bent out of shape over a word..
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
    Payton34 said:

My point is that if we considered context and intent, a lot fewer people would get bent out of shape over a word..

Some words like that one are offensive to some people regardless of intent or context though. Thats the problem.

• emurrell17 February 28
    Clearly it's a generational difference..when my generation gets into it's 30s it won't even be a swear word anymore I bet
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • vincentjmackvincentjmack March 1
    emurrell17 said:

Clearly it's a generational difference..when my generation gets into it's 30s it won't even be a swear word anymore I bet

I doubt it. I live in the dc area and the sensitivity about everything is at all time high.

• Payton34Payton34 March 1
    JRMRRT said:

Payton34 said:

Some words like that one are offensive to some people regardless of intent or context though. Thats the problem.

Sure. I guess I'm just saying as a people, it'd do us all a lot of good to simply use common sense.... I've never really cared for the, "Why can't white people use the 'N" word? Blacks call each other that all the time!!!".

Well, it really only requires 5 seconds of real thought to understand why, to many, that one is "okay", but the other isn't...
    K - Bailey, Dawson
    D - Seattle, NY Jets
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle March 1
    Dqwell Jackson visiting Denver.
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 March 1
    Ravens interested in Hakeem nicks
Add a Comment