Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• Airek March 16
  • andr3wl March 15
  • bddavidson March 17
  • boobam13 March 15
  • branch0095 March 15
  • BuckysGT March 17
  • CARramrod958 March 16
  • chaindog35 March 12
  • ChazMichaelMichaels March 17
  • CMZap March 13
  • cohendpt March 15
  • donvaughn 1:10PM
  • doodledog March 12
  • dunlap13 February 28
  • emurrell17 March 15
  • FarFromHome March 16
  • fontaines 7:23AM
  • GoWithWhatYouGot March 17
  • greatprodigy March 10
  • Iceman 9:45AM
  • Ipkiss February 25
  • Jalane53 March 12
  • jknighton March 15
  • JRMRRT March 16
  • Leraar March 13
  • LukeB5301 March 17
  • NA12 March 15
  • Payton34 12:47PM
  • rabidbucfan March 17
  • Scorp February 15
  • Smitty March 17
  • Swampies 1:01PM
  • SweetLew March 14
  • TBL March 17
  • TexasBornCowboysFan March 16
  • TheHuddle March 15
  • tmoney March 16
  • Troy_Polamalyourass March 15
  • vincentjmack March 16
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie March 14
  • Wutthecrapman February 19
  • zeeshan2 1:15PM

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12846
  • bddavidson 12536
  • JRMRRT 11778
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • LukeB5301 7902
  • BuckysGT 7870
  • Smitty 7475
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4814
  • fontaines 4663
  • branch0095 4577

Who's Online (14)

• CMZap 4:47PM
  • dunlap13 4:47PM
  • greatprodigy 4:45PM
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYou 4:45PM
  • Iceman 4:46PM
  • Ipkiss 4:47PM
  • JRMRRT 4:46PM
  • LukeB5301 4:46PM
  • Needalife 4:46PM
  • Smell_My_Ben_Taint 4:45PM
  • Smitty 4:47PM
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 4:45PM
  • zeeshan2 4:45PM
  • Zep 4:45PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
*** Official Off-Season Free Agency Thread ***
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome March 15

not saying its a bad spot for tate...but...playing devils advocate here with stats...the following numbers are the browns rank in rushing yards for the past four seasons....just saying

26th

24th

28th

20th

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • SmittySmitty
    bddavidson said:

Troy_Polamalyourass said:

bddavidson said:

Troy_Polamalyourass said:

NA12 said:

Tate to sign with Browns pending a physical per Roto!

BOOM!!!

yawn..lol

The difference between someone that owns Tate in 4 dynasty leagues, and someone that doesn't...

the same reason you dont own dmac..but then again i wont own TR either ..lol..i am tired of owning problem injury players..is all an TR just plan sucks.

Keep in mind he is signing a "performance" contract, so he gets paid if he stays on the field. 

Also, while i respect all anti-Tate perspectives, I do want to point out:

1. He is tough, he played with broken ribs for a while
    2. He probably would have continued, but would you have if you were heading into an offseason where you were passing a physical for the contract of your life? Shutting it down last year wasn't needed, but it was smart.
    3. His leg injury, in what 2010... that wasn't something you can blame on him.

So, he played through serious rib injuries and gets not props, and shut it down smartly. That's how I see this 100%. 

But, that's why we play the game, and honestly, I love that there is still some big resistance right now for Tate and his 2014...that means he may stay on the Upside Board after all, which IM PUMPED about. And, it means I can still maybe get him in Redraft at value he can still blow up from.

Awesome. #bentateshow all the way. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 March 15
    Smitty said:

I love that there is still some big resistance right now for Tate and his 2014...that means he may stay on the Upside Board after all, which IM PUMPED about. And, it means I can still maybe get him in Redraft at value he can still blow up from.

Awesome. #bentateshow all the way. 

Good luck.. I got told spiller straight up.. Not happening
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SwampiesSwampies March 15
    God don't you love how the fantasy trade market go's up and down with every signing! :D
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh McCown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    Swampies said:

God don't you love how the fantasy trade market go's up and down with every signing! :D

Yeah, it COULD have him getting grayed out on the Upside Board. But, folks had plenty of time to trade for him :) 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    I'll be honest, i like Ben Tate more than Spiller moving forward. I still like Spiller, but the risk is no greater IMO, in fact, i think Tate is less risky. 

THAT SAID, don't mistake my 'quiet' ranking there as me not getting more. In fact, I have been saying for weeks:

Spiller for Tate/Cruz
    Spiller for Tate/VJax
    Spiller for Tate/1.03

All those deals I pulled off, the Spiller for Tate 1.03 I did twice. So, Spiller < Tate but I'm taking advantage of that in smart fashion, fashion that HAD me with a Cruz vs. Spiller in a WORST case scenario prior to Tate signing... now, I have all kinds of upside in all three trades above.

The eBook I released talked almost exclusively about Tate for a reason, and trading high on Spiller as well. It's not that I dont like Spiller, it's just his value is so high and he has lots of risk. Risk that BUF wont let him run, risk of injury, risk of the team not moving the ball and Spiller having useless halfs.

Tate has Hoyer, a QB i love, and Gordon stretching the field. They may have a QB soon to be there if Hoyer fails, and they could draft Watkins. Love CLE for Tate. Huge.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • tmoney March 15
    My major concern about Tate is his ability to stay on the field. He has yet to play a full 16 game season.
  • SwampiesSwampies March 15
    Smitty said:

Swampies said:

Yeah, it COULD have him getting grayed out on the Upside Board. But, folks had plenty of time to trade for him :) 

the thing is getting the other party to trade him but were reluctant too because of unknown landing spot.
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh McCown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    Smitty said:

Spiller for Tate/Cruz

spiller and Cruz have damn near the same ADP.. Good luck
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    LukeB5301 said:

Smitty said:

Spiller for Tate/Cruz

Already did it. Before. Now, no chance. Now, little chance you get Tate for Spiller, whether you agree with it or not... it's just how excited current Tate owners will now be. 

I wouldn't trade Tate away for Spiller straight up if I was offered. I'd try and trade Spiller for more if I went after Tate, but in leagues where I own Tate, I aint trading him.

It's all arguable, everything will be decided on the field :)
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    LukeB5301 said:

Smitty said:

Spiller for Tate/Cruz

Also, i think that was kinda the point in calling Spiller out as a great trade high (especially in the ebook that was released)... his ADP may be near Cruz, and even was weeks ago, however, he is one player that has significantly different values across leagues. I have found that like you said, Cruz and him could be close in value to some... in other leagues, he was viewed like a top 5-10 overall pick. It was strange. In those leagues, I took advantage, clearly. Some still see him as a top 5RB, and there still appear to be a few of those believers in some leagues.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    I know some didn't like my VJax/Tate for Spiller trade I announced a week or two ago... VJax is still a top 10WR to me, right around 10, and i love that deal. I loved it back then, but clearly it's fantastic now, at least I see it that way.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
    Smitty said:

LukeB5301 said:

Smitty said:

Spiller for Tate/Cruz

Already did it. Before. Now, no chance. Now, little chance you get Tate for Spiller, whether you agree with it or not... it's just how excited current Tate owners will now be. 

I wouldn't trade Tate away for Spiller straight up if I was offered. I'd try and trade Spiller for more if I went after Tate, but in leagues where I own Tate, I aint trading him.

It's all arguable, everything will be decided on the field :)

We can't all play with children here Smitty... In my leagues, people actually pay attention and no one was throwing Tate in anything knowing he was going to sign somewhere.. Hell I had a big trade and had a guy tell me he'd rather have Ellington then Spiller in the trade..

But hey every league is different, I just feel that 99% of your "Buy Low" offers have 0 chance in most leagues(At least ones I'm in)
    My 2013 Predictions:
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    Most all were expert leagues. Not that they are better than the DC crowd here, just sayin, not children ;) Tate was half the value he will be now. Was for weeks.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    Simple fact is Tate's ADP was 5th (maybe 4th round value in leagues were people can see ahead of the curve... ). Now, he is gonna crack the 3rd if not higher.

The value was there 100%. No one can buy low now. That's my point. He cracked the UBoard at 4th to 5th, that's fact. I used 3adp sources, mixing in the one you use
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty March 15

It's official, 2 year deal Ben Tate in CLE

- Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • TBLTBL March 15
    Smitty said:

That worked out great for Cleveland. Got a 1st for TR while replacing him with a guy who is just as talented. Good for Tate. Hopefully he is successful.
  • SmittySmitty March 15
    TBL said:

Smitty said:

That worked out great for Cleveland. Got a 1st for TR while replacing him with a guy who is just as talented. Good for Tate. Hopefully he is successful.

Agreed, and it does put CLE in a position to not pay much if Tate isn't on the field. And, that's great for Tate owners, as Tate will play even if his ribs are removed. I personally think his injury tag isn't fair, he broke his leg in 2010, then hasn't been a starter to fail yet... i mean, he shut it down last year after playing with broken ribs... shutting it down to ensure he was healthy for physicals, that's smart, not injury prone.  IMO. That's why we play the game.

I can certainly say that the doubters remain. That's good for the chance we land him cheaper than expected in redraft, but i won't hold my breath.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn March 15
    Pats resigned Edelman
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,3.05,4.02
    Smitty said:

Most all were expert leagues. Not that they are better than the DC crowd here, just sayin, not children ;) Tate was half the value he will be now. Was for weeks.

Bleh.. experts mehxprts :)
    My 2013 Predictions:
Add a Comment